Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Irrigating the farmland region
02-11-2009, 03:06 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
I cant imagine where the areas are with no texture. Maybe on the shoreline/under water?
It's often a small percentage and difficult to see.
Just select a texture in the cell you want to check and press "I".
Delete the "default" textures and it's fixed (assuming it's a small percentage).
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-11-2009, 03:23 PM,

Thanks Sandor. If that is the case then it will be under larger rock formations. As I said I stripped the landscape and started from scratch so I probably didn't bother paying attention to areas unseen. If this is the case it is probably alot of small areas unseen. If the areas are unseen why would this pose a problem?
02-11-2009, 06:51 PM,

I can/will do a transition along the border if it is alright with TID. I can do a sort of back and forth routine spacing it out with a view region items on either side.
It would be awesome if you could do a region transition, Zurke! Big Grin Right now, there's not a lot of hand-done work in the Deepen Moor region (in fact, the only things I can think of are the fog and the dungeon entrances), and I don't have any new ESPs with work in the area. I was going to set up claims a bit later for transitions, after generating all of the regions. Feel free to modify the Deepen Moor/Soluthis Farmland border to your liking.

The original plan was to have this transition (like all the others will be) two cells wide... one cell on the Deepen Moor side and one on the Soluthis farmland side, however I'm perfectly fine with moving more into the Deepen Moor region if you'd like to do that instead (as opposed to changing the Soluthis side). Maybe the transition doesn't have to span the whole two cells, as long as it looks more or less smooth, it should be good. Smile Do whatever you think is necessary, and also don't be afraid to delete fog or muck sheets if either gets in the way.

Remember to make a merging region too.
02-11-2009, 07:14 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon

what is that?
02-11-2009, 07:28 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon

what is that?
I thought you might have already done this for the original farmland region, but I might be mistaken. Confusedhrug:

You need to create a new region ID in the CS, and it should cover the entire area that you are working on. Any changes inside that region will be merged, while any outside will be lost (this is very easy to do with the new Gecko feature that SACarrow coded). The reason for doing this is so that the file doesn't need to be cleaned for exterior cells, which takes a tremendous amount of time.
02-11-2009, 08:44 PM,

The only reason to nip the default texture is that not loading it in-game saves on video memory. Plus there might be cases where it's in the open, but just not visible directly, like for instance if it's partly faded into a small patch of land. I'm sure there are default textures in places of Soluthis too, so I'm not trying to critisize you =)

I only moved the saltrices that grew in -5,31 and -6,31.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-11-2009, 08:58 PM,

The Imperial Dragon, are you talking about putting 'SolFarmland' in place of 'wilderness'?

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
The only reason to nip the default texture is that not loading it in-game saves on video memory. Plus there might be cases where it's in the open, but just not visible directly, like for instance if it's partly faded into a small patch of land. I'm sure there are default textures in places of Soluthis too, so I'm not trying to critisize you =)

I only moved the saltrices that grew in -5,31 and -6,31.

Thanks again for moving the Saltrice. I will try and find others if there are any. I was pretty selective at what I put down and where.

I dont think I quite understand what you mean about 'nip' the 'default texture'. I stripped the landscape clean of texture. I then used the textures in the areas where they are visible. Could you bare with me and elaborate?
02-11-2009, 09:20 PM,

The Imperial Dragon, are you talking about putting 'SolFarmland' in place of 'wilderness'?
If you mean the exterior cell ID, then that's not what I meant. I meant you needed to create a new region in the Region Editor, and then lay out your area from there. Smile
02-11-2009, 09:35 PM,

Does the name 'SolfarmlandRegion' Sound like a good name?

Does the new region go under 'stland'?
02-11-2009, 11:41 PM,

Does the name 'SolfarmlandRegion' Sound like a good name?

Does the new region go under 'stland'?
Sure (x2).