Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this normal?
03-18-2010, 07:01 PM,

Glad to see you got this sorted in my absence. Yes, file management is a bitch and it's little mistakes that lead to big consequences. As I mentioned on the archive thread yesterday, there is now a download that includes all 6 patches. As for the Part 2 error, I'll just make a note of that in the archive folder for now and then hopefully later I can re-upload a fixed file.

Btw, the next esm update should be any day now. I sent all my files to sandor, who does our merging, last weekend. When he's done, he'll post it up....depends on how busy he is with other things.

Edit - Actually, I already made a note of this. Please check the IMPORTANT NOTICE in this post where you download the files: Black Marsh Resources: Latest bsa ....and the lesson is....always read important posts carefully. Anyway, I'll try to get this re-uploaded to avoid confusion. Tut tut....listen to Uncle Ibsen! Wink

Is everyone now finding humyo okay?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-18-2010, 10:44 PM,

SO i thought i had it fixed but...
flying shrooms (mabey beacuse i ate them :lmao: ) and purple stuff. either im triping or somthing is wrong. (and i ain't triping....
i think)
[Image: screenshot21s.png]
[Image: screenshot19a.png]
and i saw this littel guy its cool could i get further explanation of him Big Grin
[Image: screenshot20u.png]
Bulls make money, Bears make money, pig get Slaughtered
I'm right here in front of you and I can't stop sh-sh-shaking
I can't stop sh-sh-shaking. come on and hold me still
03-19-2010, 07:23 PM,

Thanks for the pix. That makes things easier. I can see from the first screenshot that you seem to be missing a texture called dirtyswamp01.dds which should be found inside the Data/textures/landscape folder. Did you, by any chance, put this texture inside the Data/textures/blackmarshes/landscape folder by mistake? There should be a complete landscape folder with lots of textures inside Data/textures/landscape anyway.

The second screenshot is a little weird as it would appear to suggest there is a missing mesh and yet normally there is a 'WTF? I'm a missing mesh' sign there (Bethesda had a sense of humour!). The mushies you see should be attached to trees so therefore the missing mesh is called 'pbmswamptree' which is an spt file (what we call a 'speedtree'). It should be located under Data\Trees\pbm.

It might be useful to check that all of your trees and all of your landscape textures are in the right places. The likelihood is that you've put everything inside the blackmarsh folders. Unless I've made a mistake somewhere, which I don't think I have, then the folders, when you unpack them, should correspond with the folders in your Data folder.

Let me know is this sorts things out or not...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
03-20-2010, 01:42 AM,

I just got word from Koniption that:

"I was looking through BMData219P03.rar, and saw that there were landscape-related texture files (for the ground) in the "textures\blackmarsh\trees\.." folder..."

I wasn't aware of this but you might find the landscape files in the trees folder. Sorry if that's the case....I think it's time I re-uploaded everything as a complete package....
03-20-2010, 01:46 AM,

Big Grin yes i was just about to sugest that
im not bad at computer skills and i just can't get it to work if u could fix this i would be extreemly happy
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
03-20-2010, 11:05 AM,

It will take a while. Uploading can be a real slow process. Did you try what I suggested?
03-20-2010, 02:47 PM,

yes i have been trying alot of thing. i tried to redo the whole game 2's (un instal and reinstal) nothings working but im content just doing a project for now
03-20-2010, 05:12 PM,

You should be able to mod okay with most of the archives available to you. I don't think it will screw things up if your archive isn't quite set up properly. It depends on what you're working on and whether you need the models that you're missing. Interiors should be fine and they're the easiest IMO.
03-20-2010, 06:51 PM,

While we're talking about missing resources, I seem to have noticed some in Stormhold.

The object is called "Stormhold Door Upper 01" or something like that. Looking in the folder it points to shows that it's NIF file isn't present.

While looking in the "Meshes\blackmarsh\Architecture\stormhold" folder, I also found one file ( towertoproom ) that doesn't have an extension. The file name needs to be modified to have .nif at the end.

And BTW, it is the UOP team that has a sense of humour. One of the meshes that the UOP replaces is the Marker_Error mesh. The default missing mesh mesh is a purple exclamation mark in a yellow diamond.
Lead Scripting for the Black Marsh Project

[url="http://preventcrashesinoblivion.page.tl/"]Prevent bugs and crashes in Oblivion! Click here to find out how.[/url]
03-20-2010, 07:03 PM,

That's weird. It should appear in one of the patches. I attached it here. It should be found under Data\Meshes\blackmarsh\Architecture\stormhold. The problem I just noticed is that it's actually an animated door. Can someone let me know if this causes problems as it could potentially swing open rather than transport you to the interior like a loaddoor should do?