Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this normal?
03-20-2010, 10:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
That's weird. It should appear in one of the patches. I attached it here. It should be found under Data\Meshes\blackmarsh\Architecture\stormhold. The problem I just noticed is that it's actually an animated door. Can someone let me know if this causes problems as it could potentially swing open rather than transport you to the interior like a loaddoor should do?

I don't know whether it will prevent you from loading to the other area, but when you come back out of the interior/area, the door might have also been animated opened. But I don't really know.

You can most likely make a non-anim version of that door, by deleting the whole NIControllerManager. In Nifskope, also make sure that havok and axis is turned on, and that the door's mesh nor the collision's position changes radically when you delete the animation this way. If all looks ok, save the new non-anim door under a different, but similar name.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
03-20-2010, 10:43 PM,

@IG
Nope, I did a search on my Data folder (with all Black Marsh resources installed) and there is no file called "stormholdupperdoor01.nif" anywhere.

I don't think the door will animate if there is a teleportation destination set but I will give it a try tomorrow.

@Koniption
I bet everything you said there related to NifSkope went over his head. I have some experience with NifSkope so I could make the changes if necessary.
Lead Scripting for the Black Marsh Project

[url="http://preventcrashesinoblivion.page.tl/"]Prevent bugs and crashes in Oblivion! Click here to find out how.[/url]
03-21-2010, 05:23 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by XJDHDR
@IG
Nope, I did a search on my Data folder (with all Black Marsh resources installed) and there is no file called "stormholdupperdoor01.nif" anywhere.

I don't think the door will animate if there is a teleportation destination set but I will give it a try tomorrow.

@Koniption
I bet everything you said there related to NifSkope went over his head. I have some experience with NifSkope so I could make the changes if necessary.

Big Grin I don't think Ibsen's that technically challenged...

You can make the changes if you want, though. Will only take a minute.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
03-21-2010, 11:18 AM,

Not technically challenged, just never used NifSkope.

Anyway, editing the mesh is not necessary. All door animations are cancelled if a door is used as a load door, so there are no edits that need to be made to the mesh. In fact, it would probably be best if the animations are left in since the door can be used as a load door OR an animated one.

Speaking of which, I now notice that the door has no textures. Instead, I get a door covered in purple paint.

[url="http://preventcrashesinoblivion.page.tl/"]Prevent bugs and crashes in Oblivion! Click here to find out how.[/url]
03-21-2010, 11:25 AM,

Ah, I must have forgotten to create a duplicate of this model's parts when uploading the update. Here are the textures. You should put these into the following folder: Data\Textures\blackmarsh\architecture\soulrest .

And yes, I am a bit technically-challenged. =) However, I pick up bits and pieces of NifSkope from what you say, Koniption. I've surprised myself a few times by following your instructions and experimenting but I tend not to be whizz with this sort of stuff.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-21-2010, 11:36 AM,

I just tested with the new textures and the doors no longer have missing textures.

03-21-2010, 11:39 AM,

Good good. :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]