Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate

Claims under construction
05-01-2007, 07:51 PM,

Hmm seems a bit evil for the Tong. They're a perfectly legal organization, so there's no need to tell the guards about them. It is a slightly darker and more mysterious introduction to the MT, which is good. I was thinking of having a slightly harder test, in which you know you are trying to join the Morag Tong.

Also, what if the PC doesn't hide himself? Then the dialogue sounds weird, and it isn't a true test
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
05-01-2007, 09:00 PM,

Well, you could make another introduction to the MT, we could still have the thing that you get contacted in the city, but are told that you have to go to X location if you want to know more about the MT and maybe joining.

When you get to this location you are asked if you want to join you can answer "yes" and "not now", if yes the answer will be something like this: "Good, then we have a little test here for you, but you don't have to succed on it to be able to join. There are very few that have been abe to pass this test yet, I'm among them, and almoest every guild master in the history of the guild have been able to make this test, but some guild masters not." If not now, the answer will be: "If you don't think you are ready, or need to improve your skills, go ahead. But if you want to join, I'll be at the place where I first contacted you between (say 12-18, not sure about the times, but you get what I'm meaning)."

The test will be something like this: It will be a large hall in conection to the room where the meeting are taking place, and in there, it will be like a labyrinth with some secret passages, and above all or around, it will be a balcony where the people that look on you to see if you can join, walk. Before you go in, you will be asked what weapon you prefere, sword, blunt or bow. then you are given a special weapon of the type you chose, that will only make you opponent faint when normaly killed. Then you are give the task to get past the 10 "guards" that are in your way between the target and the start of the room. there will be ways to get past 5 of the "guards" without having to engage them, but the secret ways will be hard to find, in dark corners, and in dead ends that you won't check to much.
And the "guards" will be really hard to get down, a bit harder then a normal city guard. you coud say that it is 6 segments of the labyrinth, you have to get thrue 4 of them to be able to join, or else you will have to wait a week to be able to do the test once again. The "guards" will right you to the death, and the way you can loose on is that you get killed, but if it ain't possible to do a script with resurecting, as it has to look that you were knocked uncontious, they will stop hitting you when your HP reaches down to 1, if that is possible, and the guild master will be besides you and tell you to stop, so you can't keep going on. And he will tell you that you now can join the MT and that you have acces to the guild hall, that is if you make it past the 4 segments you have to do, or else he will tell you to come back in a week to try again, and you will only have 4 shots at it, after that, they won't accept you as in real work, you would have been dead many times.

What do you think about it, do you think that it could be done?
Finished Claims
Scc0304 | Scc0330 | Scc0330A
Scc0331 | Scc0338 | Scc0347
Scc0363 |
Steadhelm 01 | Steadhelm 02 | Steadhelm 03
Steadhelm 04 | Steadhelm 09 | Steadhelm 10
Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate

Claims under construction
05-02-2007, 01:09 PM,

How about so the Dark Brotherhood won't know where they are? The Dark Brotherhood hear all, and if anyone is told about where the Morag Tong gather, it could spell doom for a good number of them.

I never looked up the Morag Tong much, but I did do their questlike in TES3, or at least most of it before they kicked me out for trying to sleep in their leader's bed.
Lol what?
05-02-2007, 08:17 PM,

MT owns the DB. They're small cockroaches that we crush under our chitin boots! I think the idea of finding the guy in the city is a good one though, and he tells you that you'd need to go to Mephala's shrine to join the DB.

Only thing that's sketchy is the test to join. I personally think a simple test writ would do fine. The corridor test sounds like a cool idea, but the scripting might be a bit complicated, especially if you need guards who'll beat you to within an inch of your life.

Plus, the minimap would show you the secret passages.

Great concept, i'm just not sure if i could pull it off as well as it was described.

Anything simple i could do Big Grin A creatively done writ? Something that won't be too hard to script especially.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
05-03-2007, 01:21 AM,

well if its a simple assassination, the assassin trying to join the Morag Tong assassins' guild could be given a writ to assassinate a wayward assassin. Sort of like the Morag Tong assassin in Balmora, Balyn Omavel, who was assassinating without permission from the master or from Mephala, and thus an assassin was sent to assassinate this important but wayward assassin of the assassin guild. But this wayward assassin is also wily and paranoid about getting assassinated him/herself. And thus his/her home is littered with traps and has two henchmen of sorts. You will have to assassinate the two guards (possibly trained beastfolk, like say trolls or goblins) and evade the traps, some of them emit sounds that will alert the targetted assassin, who will thus escape. So you will need to be very very careful not to make any noise when on this assassination. If you make too loud a sound he/she will escape. Then you must either lure him/her out of the locked room, put bittergreen petals in his/her food, or unlock the door and enter to kill him/her. If he/she finds you trying to assassin him/herself, the targetted-assassin will bolt out of a window and run for his/her life. You'll be forced to chase this assassin until the assassin is backed into an alley and gives you a hell of a toug time trying to assassinate this top-notch but wayward assassin...

Confusedhrug:
05-03-2007, 01:36 AM,

did you just use the word assassin 22 times ?! :eek: I know this is the Morag Tong, but man... assassinating assassins is a good test i think, as long as i can set it up well. I don't know if anyone can jump out windows, and i'm doubtful that anyone could kill 2 guys in a small home without making a noise. But it's definitely something to prove your worth.

And if you die in the process Confusedhrug: oh well, just another wanna be assassin.

Overall, i like it :goodjob: though if my dialogue has the word assassin that many times, feel free to assassinate me
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
05-03-2007, 03:10 AM,

nice :lmao:
05-04-2007, 02:31 AM,

[quote]Originally posted by Seniosh
Well I would LIKE to leave it open for as long as possible, but joining is the first quest I need to make. I'm not quite at the questmaking point yet, so we should have plenty of time to discuss this, i'm just under a slight time constraint.

Below is part of what I wrote so far.

Quest for the joining MT
Most of Bethesda?s quests are too linear for my taste. This will have several branches. I also think the Oblivion journal entries give guidance which is too specific, so this quest has fewer journal entries than one might expect and/or somewhat obscure or sparse. There is only one entry shown so far. Let the PC work a little at a quest! Besides, we might get some recruits when they come to the site for a little help. I liked the Morag Tong in Morrowind so decided to write a quest for the Silgrad MT. After reading the thread about joining the Tong, I modified the intro a bit for that purpose. Rumors or other clues are needed somewhere to guide the PC to the Tong guild.

I did not write dialogue for the PC refusing the quest. That would be the typical ?OK?? come back later kind of interaction.

MT Leader, after PC activates
?If you are a member of the Dark Brotherhood you are not welcome here. If you are a member, leave now. If not, are you here to join the Tong??
Should the script verify whether or not the PC is a member of DB and If a member, the MT leader will show him the way out the door?
PC
?Yes.?

MT Leader
?The Tong has a time-honored initiation rite but an unusual event has occurred. We believe it should be handled by other than a Tong member. Fulfill it and you will be a member. Other rewards will match your performance. Are you interested??
PC
?Yes.?
MT Leader
?I have a writ for the execution of a Redoran noble, Nalmer Llervu, but it is a strange case. The writ is for failure to pay a large gambling debt, which is not a terribly unusual writ. He reportedly gambled in the back room at {local tavern} [NOTE to modeler ? this tavern needs an entry foyer, perhaps similar to the West Weald Inn at Skingrad but a bit deeper.] Llavisi Arano, a highly reliable Tong member who frequents that tavern reports that he has never seen Nalmer Llervu there. It is highly irregular for the Tong to question a writ but I feel we must. You may encounter problems if you do investigate. If you are exposed, the Tong will, of course, deny involvement in the investigation and immediately execute Nalmer Llervu very publicly. We will also disavow your association with the Tong. Are you still interested??
PC
?Yes.?
MT leader
?First, you must leave town while we stage a botched attempt to execute Nalmer Llervu. Return in three days and start your investigation. Do not come back to the Tong hall until you are finished. Ask the barkeep at the tavern to see ?Benoit Leoriane? and he will let you into the back room. Go now.?

PC returns in three days or more, goes to the tavern. As PC arrives, a Redoran is standing outside the tavern, greets PC ?Generic Greeting.? and stays long enough so PC can realize it is Nalmer Llervu, then walks away. Will not talk to PC.
JOURNAL ENTRY Nalmer Llervu was apparently leaving the tavern.

I wrote more dialogue but too much for a forum post for now. Here is a short bit when the PC gains access to the back room and gets past the guards:
?Pray, sir, how did you come to be admitted to this room??
Interaction B1
PC
?Nalmer Llervu told me there was a game here and gave me the password.?
RL
?I find that quite unlikely but time will reveal the truth. What, may I ask, is your business here??
Again this is getting rather long for an email post so no more dialog for now. I?ll just describe part of the rest of the quest. PC can have high speechcraft or cast a charm spell to get in better graces with RL, otherwise, no answers are offered. You know the old ?I don?t know you well enough line.? After some dialog, it seems that there is no gambling here but certain Redoran do conduct business, including, PERHAPS, Nalmer Llervu. Curious, why did the Tong member, Llavisi Arano, not see him? Part of the quest will now allow PC to question LLavisi, in the tavern, not at the guild hall. He still claims to have not seen Nalmer Llervu in the tavern. After Pc tells him that the Redoran in the back room said Nalmer perhaps does visit, Llavisi claims he has seen Nalmer approaching the tavern, on the street, but never in the tavern. How curious. Of course, LLavisi does not spend all his time in the tavern. The barkeep is very tight-lipped.

PC can wait until tomorrow night and see Nalmer (who is non-communicative) go in the front door of the tavern but upon entering, Nalmer is not seen.

Standing outside, PC can follow Nalmer when he leaves a few hours later. He goes to his mansion. Breaking into the mansion is a good plan at this point. Some information will be gained but not the whole story ? some very high-level politics is going on here, struggles between Redoran and Hlaalu. If PC goes to the back of the mansion, PC can gain information from the gardener ? Nalmer?s twin brother is in town, but never seems to leave the mansion.

If the PC remains in the tavern after Nalmer enters, Nalmer will not be seen (not return).

If the PC sees Nalmer approaching the tavern on the street and then enters just before Nalmer, Nalmer will enter and go to the back room. After a while, he will come out and go home.

When the PC gets clever enough to search around in the foyer (and only after the PC has observed Nalmer go into the tavern but not be there), a wall sconce opens a door to stairs down. No one notices the PC disappear down the stairs. A tunnel leads to an underground meeting room, empty, with several doors which will not open. No clues. If the PC enters the tavern right after Nalmer and enters the stairs, Nalmer will talk to him. Part of the dialogue will involve the PC revealing that he has come to execute Nalmer for the Tong. Nalmer is not surprised but does try to convince the PC that the PC should learn more facts before attacking. If the PC attacks, he should succeed and gain entry to the guild but by this time, the guild leader has learned more and won?t be too thrilled by the death of Nalmer ? small reward. More info to be gained is that house Hlaalu is planning a coup to put them in position as almost total rulers of Vvardenfall, answering only slightly to the imperials. Nalmer is the leader of a group of Redoran spies who have no love of the imperials but do not want Hlaalu to have that much power. PC will find that Nalmer is not a gambler so the writ has problems. The PC will have some choices to make before this is resolved. Kill Nalmer; simply report to the MT leader, who is happy that PC did not kill Nalmer; work with Nalmer to investigate the political plot, like breaking into another house to find documents; rescuing Nalmer?s brother from captivity by some Hlaalu (yes he did leave the mansion, in disguise); the best line for the PC is to help with the investigation and report ot the MT Leader. Note that the MT Leader will be unhappy if the PC returns too early in the quest. Yes it is complex, but there is always help.

Feel free to comment or to reject it entirely.
05-04-2007, 02:40 AM,

:applause: wow, i like it!

I love how we have such a cross-pollination of fantastic ideas going on... all about assassins... (repeat 20x)