Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kwama Warrior
03-11-2008, 12:07 PM,
Kwama Warrior
Sorry for the delay. IRL time killers. Heres the statues so far...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5GzR7XTYY4

Starting up the Kwama Warrior. So far I have the body shell constructed. And yes,... I know..... at frist its hard to understand the structure,... but keep in mind that the bigger hole is the "head" and will have the "worm" inside of it. Since the kwama is an insectiod, I'm splitting up the different body parts.

This, of course, is the highly work up. I'm having some trouble in the lower resolution verision which I'll have to work out. ZBrush is powerful, but sometimes it's a queer little fa****

I got, finally, the entire normal map/displacement map export working perfectly, in high res, with no artifacts, which I cannot express to you how obsencely complicated and troublesome it was to figure out.

Anyway.... let me know....
When there's nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire!
03-11-2008, 02:58 PM,

By the way........

a.) What is the poly count for Oblivon Characters?

b.) Do all models have to be in Quads? Or does OB handle tris?
03-11-2008, 04:24 PM,

I like it!

As for the Qs:

a) I don't know and the CS does not express that the same way as with statics. I'll check around for that info.
b) Once the meshes are converted to NIFs, they are all tri-based at that point. I'm pretty sure the NifTools exporter will handle that for us, though. Since I'm not sure when I'm getting my computer back, I think I'll go ahead and put Max 9 on my wife's machine. Smile

I'll get back on this thread,
Steve
03-11-2008, 04:33 PM,

God, I love Zbrush.
Looks pretty cool so far :goodjob:
03-11-2008, 06:19 PM,

Yep. Looking great. :goodjob:

Does it take you long to create high poly versions in ZBrush?
03-11-2008, 06:58 PM,

I'm going to guess that you intend to use that to bake a normal map for a lower poly mesh? Anyways, it looks brilliant.
03-11-2008, 08:16 PM,

No.. it doesn't take so long to work in ZB...

Just takes an obscenely long time getting it to do what you want, not to mention having to restart the application countless thousands of times due to messing up. It's a real hit and miss process, but when it's good, it's very good.

Also, since I'm learning ZB with this project, I spend a considerable amount of time tinkering around with all the nuts and bolts of the app.

I'm sure some mix of ZB/Mudbox/Modo should be enough for all my modeling needs.

The only thing then to model would be the arms/legs, which really would be almost copies of themselves and the two little antenna things that come out of its back. The workers body, will be similiar to the warrior, but nowhere near as much a copy as in MW.

I really hope you guys will be able to use my models....

Let me know in case you need anything in particular....
03-11-2008, 10:05 PM,

Kwama warriors could possibly be mounts now also
03-12-2008, 12:38 AM,

This looks fantastic!

Could somebody please post me a link or something that might tell me what exactly a Kwama Warrior is, though. I really need to do a bit more reading about on the forums some time soon. Did it actually originally appear in Morrowind or is it an entirely new construction? If it's new, where can I find out about what it is?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-12-2008, 01:47 AM,

They appeared in most of the egg mines in TES3. There's a little bit about them in the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:W...a_Warriors