Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landscape Claim: Grasslands LCGL04 (completed)
02-06-2011, 11:12 PM,
Landscape Claim: Grasslands LCGL04 (completed)
[Image: ElsweyrClaims-Grasslandsicons.jpg]

Claim Type: Landscape
Region: Grasslands
Claim: LCGL04

Landmarks:
(-11, 2) Seaplace Inn

Last Change: 0-01-04

General information - See Claim Info: Grasslands

Specific information
A very steep claim, and practically all West Weald. Probably a late stage mop-up job this one!

Update:
I now have the landmarks file from TOYB and this claim should include Seaplace Inn - although I've a feeling this spot is a bit far from the road for an inn and it is very steep. I'll drop him a line: we will either need a rationale for why the inn is a bit remote, or to move it - maybe swapping it with Tardorn - the "elven ruin" icon in LCGL05.

Final note:
We went ahead with Seaplace Inn in the planned location: it is now a slightly concealed and shady establishment frequented by smugglers on the Sugar Trail into Cyrodiil.
Morcroft Darkes
02-16-2011, 08:35 PM,

Yoink.

I think I might start with this one, please.

I should have it done in about a week, depending on school.
02-16-2011, 08:58 PM,

Excellent! It's all yours!

Don't forget that those cells in y=4 can be a quick clean-up job: they will be outside the playable area. It would be helpful if you would glance over the y=5 cells next to the claim as well and make sure there's nothing so out of place it will show up from 2 cells away but don't spend any real time on it.

There is a wrinkle: I now have the locations map from TOYB and the claim includes an inn but I think it's too far from the road and the hill's too steep. I've updated the OP with the info and my minor concerns. I suggest you leave cell (-11,2) until last and we'll get you a decision on what's going on. Hope that doesn't deter you, and if you're not interested in the location just mod over the area and we can open a separate claim afterwards.
Morcroft Darkes
02-17-2011, 07:57 AM,

I had a scout.

The hillside is pretty steep for a settlement but I think it would work okay if some short cliffs were created perhaps on y=3.
I could use West Weald rocks and flatten out some of the hills on y=2 to make room.

That's pretty drastic though, what do you think?
02-17-2011, 10:17 AM,

Go ahead with that plan AIP, seems reasonible enough. Background for the Inn would be that it's on the a trail off of the main road, one forking off from the road between Dune and Riverhold, and would go lead into Cyrodiil, a road used by those who would want to avoid unwanted attention from Imperial Legion patrols, etc -the Inn therefore would be somewhat shady given the general nature of those using the road (but you'd also get Anequina merchants, and usual folk using that road too).

Feel free to mod in that road/path forking off from the main road as part of the claim.
02-17-2011, 10:56 AM,

If you create cliffs both upslope and downslope of the inn then you should be able to make room, with the inn sitting in a sort of hollow. That's probably appropriate because it's starting to sound like the kind of establishment that doesn't really want to be noticed.

We haven't decided on the right mesh for the inn itself yet so maybe make enough space for the standard lower class tavern mesh lowerclasstavern01.nif - not very keen on that one, as it's overused. TOYB is making some saloons so we may use one of those. I quite like the idea of a farmhouse or smallholding that evolved into an inn over time - but I can't think of a suitable model for that either: the farmhouse models really belong with flat fields. If anyone has any good ideas....
Morcroft Darkes
02-19-2011, 11:48 PM,

I presume I do a pathgrid.

Or will that be generated later?
02-19-2011, 11:55 PM,

I really don't know what's best. I would assume it's best to do them as we go - does anyone know of a reason not to?
Morcroft Darkes
02-20-2011, 03:44 AM,

Should be the last thing you do in the claim, use red points in general, and for the trail use blue.

Pathgrids haven't been generated yet for the worldspace (or, they haven't to my knowledge) so unlike Cyrodiil, the world will/will probably look quite bare pathgrid-wise, don't worry about that, and don't try to put pathgrids everywhere in there stead (they'll be generated later, if not already present). (And I'm talking about the orange points).
03-05-2011, 08:57 AM,

Sorry for the lack of updates.

School has been very hectic.

I am almost done with the claim.
Just need to finish the pathgrid.

Should be done before Monday.