Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landscape Claim: The Rim (North) LCRN05 (Completed)
03-09-2011, 09:56 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by AnImpatientFan
I can't post any screens right now as I am just about to start Maths Class, but I used Morcrofts, Ancient Moon temple and his ruined Annex structures.

Excellent! :goodjob:
03-10-2011, 12:42 AM,

The temple annexes are a good choice - not quite so sure about the Temple itself - they are supposed to be for the specific planned locations and shouldn't be over-used. Depends how you've used it really: if it's just a part of the structure it'll be fine. Don't know: look forward to screenies when you're on your own time.

Oh, and sorry to nag about the update!
Morcroft Darkes
03-10-2011, 02:55 AM,

@Morcroft

NP,
03-11-2011, 10:19 AM,

Screens of the ruins

I should be able to upload the .esp tommorow unless any major changes are required.
03-11-2011, 11:02 AM,

Yes, this is what worried me. Much as I like the look of it, the temples really are not to be used like this - they are distinctive buildings of which there should be exactly 16 placed examples, all of which are pre-agreed.

In each case, a temple should be the biggest thing for miles around - the shape's designed to emphasize the way they stand alone. The closest is M'Jothra in LCRN11, and should stand on the ridge there in (8, -6).

Options:
1. Replace those temples with a couple of the larger annex buildings and maybe another small open-top ruined one to fill it out.
2. Leave it as-is and I'll try and make another mesh to use. That's a bit of a hostage to fortune, though - it depends on me getting it done

It's nice work, AIP - sorry to be such a downer but these models really are reserved for a specific task. Sad

Edit: One other thing: it looks like the northern temple is blocking the gully. I'd like to keep the gullies clear: especially big ones with bridges like that. The idea is that they formed by draining occasional flash floods - so can't be blocked by ancient buildings. Some fool could build a shack in one and get away with it for years, but something substantial would change the hydrology all around. The drainage channels ideally should link up and flow downhill all the way to Bravil.

I really hate being a nit-picking B%&$$%# - sorry!
Morcroft Darkes
03-11-2011, 08:50 PM,

Errr... Shit X(

I just got a BSOD while modding, the third one in not to long.

Might be a bit longet than expected, sorry. Sad

(Option B. wouldn't be fair on you, so I'll go with Option A. )
03-11-2011, 11:17 PM,

Don't you go apologising - you're getting the brown end of the stick here.

Hope it goes OK - and, er, save lots!
Morcroft Darkes
03-12-2011, 12:44 AM,

It seems my ATI drivers didn't like the speeds I was overclocking to.
Should be better now, going to run some tests.
03-12-2011, 05:56 AM,

hur dur
To The Great 7 Of St........ We Thankyou :worship:
03-12-2011, 06:18 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by DaughterOfKynareth

hur dur

?

Anyway, I placed open Annex structures in place of the temples and moved everything out of the gullys.