Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Landscape Claim: The Rim (North) LCRN05 (Completed)
03-12-2011, 07:02 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by AnImpatientFan
Quote:Originally posted by DaughterOfKynareth
It seems my ATI drivers didn't like the speeds I was overclocking to.
Should be better now, going to run some tests.

hur dur

?

I belive DoK's comment can be translated as: overclocking = not such a good idea.

Anyway, I placed open Annex structures in place of the temples and moved everything out of the gullys.

Great job!
03-12-2011, 10:17 AM,

Looks great AIP! Real sad old ghost town feel. I'd like to see several of these places scattered around the country.

Once I've made interiors for the Annexes I'll need to open up claims for the buildings that need them.

Are you able to carry on OK before I merge this, or do you think you crossed the border into the next claim?

Oh and overclocking's quite a black art, isn't it??!
Morcroft Darkes
03-12-2011, 08:25 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Are you able to carry on OK before I merge this, or do you think you crossed the border into the next claim?

I think it might be safer to wait. I changed the land height a bit along x=1.

Quote:Oh and overclocking's quite a black art, isn't it??!

... Wink
03-12-2011, 09:09 PM,

OK - I've just finished the road between Dune and Riverhold so I'll merge mine and yours now and build the patch. Should be able to get it out in the next few hours. I won't do a resource update this time around.
Morcroft Darkes
03-12-2011, 11:54 PM,

Updates now released. I made a couple of small tweaks to the claim - smoothed the half-building ruin's base into the surroundings a bit; the well had a gap under it and I decided the bridge needed a bit more clearance underneath. Looks great otherwise. I like the little watering hole.

I really must get round to putting a proper dry texture on the shack door - well done for spotting the right one to use even though it's currently got the green wet texture!

There's a gotcha you won't have spotted: the upstairs doorway is actually smaller than downstairs so you need to use about 0.94 scaling on the door. Total F up on my part - wasn't planned at all but I'm not fixing it in the mesh now. I've made the scaling change for this one so it lines up right - just letting you know for future reference.

:goodjob:
Morcroft Darkes