Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legion Armor
11-27-2009, 06:33 PM,
Legion Armor
What do you think of the idea of creating a new Imperial Legion armour for the soldiers in Black Marsh?

I think that there should be new armour because if the Legion is spread around the Empire, then there would probably be different armour sets to adapt to the environment that they're fighting in, plus it makes the the mod look more interesting.

I also thought that the Legion armour in Oblivion was quite poor in comparison to the Legion armour in Morrowind and using vanilla Legion armour would be a waste of a lot of modelling talent which has been shown around the forums.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
11-27-2009, 07:01 PM,

Done: Modders Resources and new items . It could still use a bit of work but this was the first bit of work on the subject. We're still working on getting armour in for some of the other Factions but most of them are done.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
11-27-2009, 07:21 PM,

That looks pretty cool. Smile

But that post describes it as being Royal Court armour. Is this going to be used as legion armour as well?

The main reason why I'm asking is because of this post NJRI0311 "Stormhold Customs & Excise" (Claimed) . If we do use night guards, then knowing which armour to use would be of great help.

11-30-2009, 12:14 AM,

They should use this armour:

http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz357...mixup2.jpg

Ta-daaa! This is a remake of the armour that the Imperial Guards had in TES III. It was set in Morrowind, the other Eastern province, so I guess it would make sense if these guys had the same kind of armour. The link to the mod is here:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=28245

It's permission-only, but perhaps Ibsen could contact the authors? In addition, they have Dwemer, Dreugh, Netch and Bonemold armour that we could use for House Dres. Their thread is here:

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....ic=1039825
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
11-30-2009, 12:49 AM,

That's got to be the finest collection of armours I've ever seen... :O

Just FYI, we already have Bonemould and, although I had planned to set up other armours, I think these would be a better option, especially considering the incredible variety. I especially like the primitive/barbaric stuff (see attached) and there may be a few of those that could provide us with a Shadowscale option.

The Netch armour could be good for the more friendly villager Dres but I'm not too keen on the Dwemer stuff. I'd always planned to use Dreugh armour anyway and there are other options besides these. I'll just hope to gain access to the resources. Not tonight (too late) but I'll send a PM soon.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
11-30-2009, 07:50 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
That's got to be the finest collection of armours I've ever seen... :O
I have to agree. Great memories of TES3 are flooding in...

However, I do know that ST has used some legion armour based on TES3 which looks more accurate, but just as great. I you want to see it, the guards in the Steadhelm Castle use it. Perhaps (if you want to use it) Razorwing could let us "borrow" it. Cool

11-30-2009, 10:36 AM,

Could you get a screenshot for me? It's ages since I've seen Steadhelm but it was kind of my adopted city in ST.
11-30-2009, 07:50 PM,

Yeah, here you go.

11-30-2009, 09:03 PM,

Cheers, JK! They remind me of the stupid guards from Thief... =)
12-01-2009, 12:09 AM,

Pretty impressive, I wonder if ST will allow us to share that armor?, Would be nice Big Grin
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]