Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Levitation Quest Idea
07-04-2006, 03:27 PM,
Levitation Quest Idea
Ok I have an idea for a quest:

Since we can have Levitation in our mod I was thinking of a nice way to bring it back.

The Lost Art Of Levitation (too cheesy?)

This should be a mages guild quest. So mage Whateverhisnameis sends you out to find the lost art of Levitation (I was thinking this explains why it's gone). Doesn't give you any details (He doesn't like you very much and hopes that you will die while looking)

You are contacted by a strange man to come meet him in Deepen Meadows (my village). You ask about him when you arrive. The villagers call him the local crackpot. You can find him in the tavers drinking, as usual.

So you talk to him. He sends you deep into the caverns beneathe the village. At the very heart you find the scroll you were looking for. With the help of it the crackpot makes you the spell. It's weak.

So after you back to the mages guild. The mages start producing the spell so that after a while it is available in most places. I was thinking to get more powerful versions it would be like the nirnroot hunt only this time it would be something useful.

Whaddaya think?

If we were to make this quest I would need much help with scripts and such since I'm not that good at them yet. The dialouge and stages I can make.
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
07-04-2006, 04:37 PM,

I think it should be generally available like TES 3. Theres no reason for a generally available spell to dissapear.
07-04-2006, 05:46 PM,

But it will be generally available after you complete a quest. It gives us an excuse to add one. The more quests the merrier :banana:
07-04-2006, 06:42 PM,

But how did it become lost? And why? And when?
07-04-2006, 08:06 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by X23
But how did it become lost? And why? And when?

Well let's fill in for Bethesdas mistakes. I mean they could have at least put an explanation in-game as an easter egg.
07-04-2006, 08:47 PM,

Nah, it was disrupted by the opening of the Gates to Oblivion, but now someone (to be decided by agreement of all the team leaders that want to include a Lev spell in their mods) has found a way to get around the problem - well actually whoever does the work to mod it in, but let's pretend! Big Grin There is your quest - to find this person and get their secret... by fair means or foul.

This should be a major quest, with a lot of depth of imagination and subtlety. No easy fix or simple plod.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
07-04-2006, 09:20 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by raggidman
Nah, it was disrupted by the opening of the Gates to Oblivion, but now someone (to be decided by agreement of all the team leaders that want to include a Lev spell in their mods) has found a way to get around the problem - well actually whoever does the work to mod it in, but let's pretend! Big Grin There is your quest - to find this person and get their secret... by fair means or foul.

This should be a major quest, with a lot of depth of imagination and subtlety. No easy fix or simple plod.

OK. I know mine wasn't that great but it was just a rough draft that the stages would be based on. I thought that it would be more fun to implement it by quest. The modder that made levitation has offered to help us out with it as well.
07-04-2006, 09:27 PM,

Something imaginative like the quest where you go to Arkveld (that's his name, right?) Tower to get a crystal eye thing. You enter the tower near the top and go up to end up at the bottom and cross a deep void and end up somewhere Oblivion-ish. We mustn't forget about the furniture on the ceilling, and the overgrowth inside the keep.
07-04-2006, 10:58 PM,

Well, yes, but our very own imaginative thing - with lots of repercussions - because otherwise we will be accused of handing out a cheat for no purpose. With a powerful quest firmly embedded in lore people will feel that there is no option but to accept Lev as a proper part of the mod.

As to the lore I cannot believe that Bethsoft intend to remove lev for all time as there has been little or no lore to that effect. Bu tI do suspect that this is connected to the way that the 360 programming handles things, so we need not worry about that as in time they will find a solution to many of the problems that they now have with the 360...

Maybe a thead on the ESF will help. I will try that now, and see how they react...

OK, I posted it here hope there is some interest in this topic over there.
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
07-05-2006, 12:41 AM,

Theres no good reason why Levitation would dissapear. Lore wise.