Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a heightmapper for ST
08-31-2006, 09:32 PM,

just a little comment: the MW map was not made by prom but rather by Moorkh (before your time im guesing).
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
08-31-2006, 09:37 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Not sure how many cells make up a quad, but to round off a number ST would be about 130,000 cells.
31x31. Um, are you sure your math is right?

Yup. 30x30 grids on the concept, 144 cells per grid. Smile
Um. You got some things WAY off, if that grid represents quads. But, your other posts say different things. Now I'm confused.

Also, another thing to keep in mind... you have to be careful with changing the land for cities. You can easily ruin its natural look that way.
08-31-2006, 09:39 PM,

I said in the initial post, "Each yellow square on the map represents a block of 12x12 exterior Oblivion cells". Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-31-2006, 09:44 PM,

Yes, but a map that divides it into QUADS (31x31 Oblivion cells) would be much more convienient.
08-31-2006, 11:30 PM,

Yes, but a map that divides it into QUADS (31x31 Oblivion cells) would be much more convienient.

This should be close to accurate (math isn't my cup of tea)
http://www.silgrad.com/oblivion/images/m..._quads.htm
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
08-31-2006, 11:56 PM,

This should be close to accurate (math isn't my cup of tea)
http://www.silgrad.com/oblivion/images/m..._quads.htm

to put it bluntly:

:pop:

I don't see how that could possibly each be a quad. I'm confuseded now tooooo~ :dunce:

I'm getting a little lost here... I'll use the Silgrad Map of the In-game map, and convert it into quads after I know exactly what we're doing (Don't worry, my math is relyable).
09-01-2006, 12:24 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
to put it bluntly:

:pop:

I don't see how that could possibly each be a quad. I'm confuseded now tooooo~ :dunce:

I'm getting a little lost here... I'll use the Silgrad Map of the In-game map, and convert it into quads after I know exactly what we're doing (Don't worry, my math is relyable).

One yellow grid on the first map equals 12x12 cells with the grid image being 20x20 pixels large. If a quad equals 31x31 cells then the grid image should be almost three times larger, and so I put it at 59x59 pixels. Not sure if that's accurate, so if you figure out an exact number give me a holler.
Angel mired in filth
09-02-2006, 02:07 AM,

LOD limit discussion and landscape discussion related to that were moved to the discussion thread.

THIS THREAD
09-08-2006, 05:08 AM,

Since Axen is doing Vvardenfell's heightmap I rephrased the initial post, and changed the instructions so that the northwestern tip of our landmass is placed in the northwest corner of the available space. Thus if we want to meld the worldspaces in the future, the landmasses shouldn't collide. I also reposted the thread on ESF.
Angel mired in filth
09-09-2006, 12:03 AM,

Perhaps the heightmap job could start with 'just' the quads around Silgrad, Reich Parkeep, Steadhelm and Ebbedin? I believe those quads are the most important ones, and might be a more manageable place for our heightmapper to start than the whole landmass.

When those quads exist the mayors can get a lot of work done. The mayors will get to set up the town exteriors and put all the details of that in order, decorate the area immediately surrounding the town, set up stables, and things like that.

But most importantly the mayors get to set up exterior claims, like tombs, caves and dungeons. I believe the lack of those claims is holding us back, since many modders - including myself - find those types of claims to be the most entertaining to mod.

:bounce: PLEASE! :bounce:
Angel mired in filth