Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for a heightmapper for ST
09-24-2006, 09:20 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkAsmodeous
It needs to be in a format that supports the transperancy.

Bah, I can't seem to get that back background image. I'll try looking in the page source maybe?

EDIT: Got it.
09-24-2006, 09:50 PM,

Oops, didn't mean to make it inaccessible. I take it you found the url now TID, but if anyone else wants to check the map image the url to it is: http://www.silgrad.com/oblivion/images/m...-03-16.jpg
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-24-2006, 10:36 PM,
RE: Looking for a heightmapper for ST
Here is an early preview of the map. I squished it a little along the horizontal plane so that it would fit better with LOD, but I think it's still pretty accurate and true to Tamriel's cartography.

EDIT: Yeah, a little bit of the white area (kind of hard to see) is meant for the mountaineous region LOD of Skyrim.

DO NOT WORK OFF OF THIS ONE!!!

EDIT 2: One with a grid and boundaries.

Dark yellow = Quad grid
Yellow = playable boundary
Red = Possible view between cities (possibly seeing one from the other)

The thing I don't like about this one though is that it kind of cuts out Legio Argonis AND a big segment of that island in the bottom right-hand corner...

EDIT 3: We could try and make them playable if we have some sort of LOD barrier (like a mountain or a cliff or something...).
09-24-2006, 11:23 PM,

Speaking as a layman, I'd rather have Legio Argonis and the whole Latrys Island without LOD effect than not have them at all. The mountainoues Velothi Mountains also strikes me as giving great opportunities for closing off our worldspace with a natural border without encroaching on the fertile farmland around Ashunor. Would that be possible? If not then that's ok, just the realities of life.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
09-24-2006, 11:25 PM,

Possible, yes, slightly smaller scale though.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
09-25-2006, 01:30 AM,

Well, if we have Blacklight and Silgrad Tower in seperate worldspaces, it would look something like this (with a fair amount of flexibility):

Sorry I didn't use the other map, will use it next time, as it is more accurate, etc... Unfortunately, it should need to include border regions and such...
09-25-2006, 03:39 AM,

Did I do something to deserve the silent treatment? Big Grin

This is, after all, a big step to take...
09-25-2006, 03:49 AM,

Looks perfect :goodjob:
Angel mired in filth
09-25-2006, 04:00 AM,

I'd suggest creating a new city in the middle of that north-west forest, as otherwise, it is kinda a waste of land in the middle of nowhere, or better yet, the Ancient Gate might do well there...

Aside from that, would you like me to lay this out on the newer map? Any changes of grid or anything? (even minor suggestions)
09-25-2006, 06:55 AM,

There is a way to overcome the LOD problem, although it would mean getting our land perfect the first time.

The way I speak of it turning the land into a mesh, and placing a low poly version below it. Or something similar, the idea came from The Grey Wizard. An d I will start the HM (assuming this is all final, correct?) today.

EDIT: A think I noticed on the map is that the boundry to the right goes out into some uneeded quads. Which puts me up to 5x6, we could save a whole row of quads if we make that boundry not go out so far to the right.

The choice is yours, if we do go ith that though, I will have to make that part of Vvardenfell thats in the squares?
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.