Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore related questions about TES IV: vvardefell
03-27-2007, 10:32 PM,
Lore related questions about TES IV: vvardefell
I see on your site that you're going to make some cliffracers. However, the oblivion game says that st-jiub (killed by deadra) had driven out the cliffracers from vvardefell.
Why are cliff racers included?
03-27-2007, 10:52 PM,

Because it is hard for one person to destroy an entire species, we imagine we have some stragglers.
The rider in black is always watching......
03-27-2007, 11:57 PM,

very few, i assure you :goodjob:

EDIT:

blackbird, any other lore-related questions? feel free to ask away! :yes:
03-28-2007, 09:21 PM,

Didn't the Sixth House and Cammona Tong hate outlanders. In the TES 3 game, you couldn't join them. Even not for Dunmer.
Why can dunmer join them now? There are even dunmer who didn't live and werent raised in morrowind.
What is the purpose of the Sixth House, besides driving out foreigners? Will your character be deformed as he reaches the higher ranks of House dagoth?

Why can't the player join the nine divines/imperial cult? And if joinable, what with those who have completed the knights of the nine quests?
03-28-2007, 09:52 PM,

Why can't the player join the nine divines/imperial cult? And if joinable, what with those who have completed the knights of the nine quests?

1. We won't include DLC in our mods.

2. Because we decided to do the most important factions.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-29-2007, 12:46 AM,

basically what EbonyKnight said, but I will elaborate Wink

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
Didn't the Sixth House and Cammona Tong hate outlanders. In the TES 3 game, you couldn't join them. Even not for Dunmer.
Why can dunmer join them now? There are even dunmer who didn't live and werent raised in Morrowind.
What is the purpose of the Sixth House, besides driving out foreigners? Will your character be deformed as he reaches the higher ranks of House dagoth?

on Camonna Tong:
remember that argonian who was working for the Camonna Tong to kill the Twin Lamps Stercaden? And what about those two Orcs on one of the plantations, also working for the Camonna Tong. And what about the outlanders at Dren's plantation... not treated as well as the Dunmer, but worked for Dren willingly nevertheless (though called nemer).
In truth, a giant syndicate like that cannot be totally one gang, it is many gangs ruthlessly conquered ion gang wars by one to become the Camonna Tong... resulting in a highly unified organization under a Kingpin... now Orvas Dren is exceptionally xenophobic, but even he (or his Tong) sees the value in using outlanders... but trust me, Camonna Tong will be a sharp contrast with Fighters Guild or Thieves Guild... until you are proven to be just as good and acceptable as one of them, you'll be bullied and treated like an n'wah :yes:

on Great House Dagoth:
I do not want to give away too much of my ideas for the Main Quest yet. However it will center around a Great House War, leading to an upheaval where Vivec will be forced to help Morrowind, as well as atone for past sins, and reconcile or confront old enemies. Perhaps you could say it is his curse to bear the burden of penance. He had wronged Great House Dagoth, the Dreugh (children of Molag Bal), and others... so its time for the player to help set things right... that's all I will reveal for now

on Imperial Cult:
They are decidely unjoinable. The main reason is we have had to cut down our list by a lot to make the number of factions feasbile. Remember, Great Houses are like super-factions with intense and complex quest-lines. It wasn't feasible to have 20+ factions, so we've reduced it, and got rid of the factions with less incentive and show Morrowind a lot less.

I hope I have answered your questions well enough. If not, specify and I will go into more detail, or answer any other questions you have
03-29-2007, 12:49 PM,

I belive leaving the Imperial Cult unjoinable is good, becasue if we made it joinable then we would have to mess with the Cyrodil Imperial Cult, as if you were a Primate and they refered to you as as traveler or worshiper (or pilgrim) instead of Primate.
The rider in black is always watching......
03-29-2007, 08:35 PM,

There were indeed some non-dunmer who were part of the cammona tong. I thought they were some kind of mercenaries. Perhaps it is almost impossible to reach the highest rank for outlandish members.
03-30-2007, 01:24 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Hector the Hooded
I belive leaving the Imperial Cult unjoinable is good, becasue if we made it joinable then we would have to mess with the Cyrodiil Imperial Cult, as if you were a Primate and they refered to you as as traveler or worshiper (or pilgrim) instead of Primate.
good point

Quote:Originally posted by blackbird
There were indeed some non-dunmer who were part of the cammona tong. I thought they were some kind of mercenaries. Perhaps it is almost impossible to reach the highest rank for outlandish members.
well if you consider it, the Camonna Tong structure is like that of a Great House ruled by a dictator (no council). Therefore, all the conquered gangs are now in this super-gang. If you have the majority support, and then get the kingpin to step down or kill him (with like 80% supperting) you are the new Kingpin. its just getting majority support that'll be tough, but gettin gthe trust of your Guild has been a main theme or all the TES factions Smile
04-07-2007, 05:20 PM,

Will house Dres now have holdings in Vvardenfell or not? Or aren't they still interested in Vvardenfell?