Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maar Gan Quest Plans
02-10-2007, 03:58 PM,
Maar Gan Quest Plans
I've only started planning one quest at the moment. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to discuss. Wink

Quests

(Below is a list of quests made for Maar Gan)

The Disappearance of Tashpi Ashibael

Type: Misc.
Brief: Investigate the death/disappearance of the Necromancer, Tashpi Ashibael
Start Location:
Quest:
Reward: 1,000 Septims

The Skooma Dealer

Type: Misc. (?)
Brief: Find out and capture the Maar Gan Skooma dealer
Start Location:
Quest: While wandering in town, you?ll probably hear the NPC?s discussing word of Skooma dealing in Maar Gan, report this to a guard, and you?ll be sent to speak with Brara Morvayn. She?ll tell you that this has been a problem for a while, and the guards have been keeping a close eye on everyone in the town. If you oblige to help, she?ll tell you to speak with Yeherradad. Yeherradad lives in the middle of the three clusters of houses near the temple.

He will tell you that he saw something strange going on behind the Andus Trade house a little while ago, and that he heard fighting. Raise his DP, and he?ll also tell you that he noticed that all of the people he saw were Dunmer, although he only caught a glimpse of it all. Report back to Brara, and she?ll tell you to talk to the townspeople and see what you can find out. It?s probably best to ask all the Dunmer at first, although only a hand full will listen to you, even with high disposition.

If you speak to Nuleno Tedas, he will tell you that Kind Erushara and Tashpi Ashibael were looking suspicious a few weeks back, and that you should probably ask them about it. Tashpi has disappeared, so that only leaves Kind. He?s usually wandering town during the day, at the outpost early evenings, and at home at night. He won?t talk. Report what you?ve found to Brara. She wants you to speak with Uupse Morvayne, who will tell you to follow him at night, to see if he does anything suspicious.

The best location, is probably on a guard tower, or the Silt Strider post, so you get a good view of the town. But if your Sneak skill is high enough, you can follow him. Eventually, he will wander behind Shilipurans Hut, where he puts something in a locked Dunmer pot. Approach, and speak with him. He?ll be hostile, and try to fight you (read ?Note? Further down the page).

The problem with this way is, that Brara doesn?t say you have enough evidence to judge Kind for the crimes, so decides to keep him temporarily locked in a cell in the manor. You must find evidence of Kind being tied with the Skooma deals. You?ll need a key for access to his house, so ask Brara for it.*

The other way around the quest, is not to directly approach him when you see him sneaking at night, but to wait until morning when he?s outside of his home in public. Simply ask about Skooma dealing, and with a disposition of 80, will say ?follow me?. He leads you inside his house, which looks cleaner than it should for a dealer; he will then ask what you want. You can either choose to forget it, where he?ll kick you from his home, or tell him you think he?s a criminal and is wanted by Brara Morvayn. Do this, and he?ll instantly turn hostile and attack you, saying he didn?t do anything (read ?Note? Further down the page).*

Note: You cannot kill Kind Erushara; Morvayn wants the him alive, but jailed (she has her reasons). You must either knock him out, use Paralyze, or cast a Command Humanoid spell and lead him to a guard. Any will do.

*You now have time to search his house. There?s a locked lockbox behind his bed. Open it, take the evidence note and any Skooma you find in the house (you?ll get double their value for each bottle you take to Brara). Take the note to Brara, who?ll be very happy with what you?ve found, and reward you with 750 Septims (plus any extra for Skooma found in Kind?s house). The guards will then go and arrest Kind Erushara if you didn?t lead him to Brara Morvayn.

Reward: 750+ Septims, some nice enchanted levelled (?) jewellery, armour or something.

Trouble at the Barracks

Brief: Stop a fight at the Barracks
Start Location:
Quest:
Reward: 350 Septims

Deliver Shilipuran?s Pottery

Brief: Deliver Shilipurans pottery to Vivec on time
Start Location:
Quest:
Reward: 300 Septims

Investigate Dwemer Smugglers

Brief: Find out who is responsible for the hidden Dwemer items discovered in Maar Gan
Start Location:
Quest:
Reward: 750 Septims
02-10-2007, 04:19 PM,

sounds good so far...

I think I will make a large table of miscellaneous quests and once your quest ideas are complete I will add them to the misc. quest list...
02-10-2007, 05:10 PM,

Great. I'll edit the first post whenever I get the quests done. Smile
02-11-2007, 05:50 PM,

I like the thrust of the Skooma dealer quest, and just want to confirm that the game is using some varient of the "knocked out for 5 minutes" mod so that Kind Erushara doesn't keep jumping back up when the player is searching his place.

Just a nit; Brara should simply give the player the key to Kind Erushara's house (presumably taken from him when he was teken into custory) rather than the player having to ask for it.

I hope you are keeping Kind Erushara alive so he can be a stool pigeon later in the quest line; it might be fun to force the player to takes risks to save Kind's life later on (with the subsequent still-extreme ingratitude on Kind's part since the player got him into this to begin with). :yes:
02-11-2007, 05:59 PM,

Quote:I like the thrust of the Skooma dealer quest, and just want to confirm that the game is using some varient of the "knocked out for 5 minutes" mod so that Kind Erushara doesn't keep jumping back up when the player is searching his place.
Thanks, I might try to script it so that when he's knocked out, he stays that way for longer than normal (about 5-10 minutes?). If that's possible, od course.

Quote:Just a nit; Brara should simply give the player the key to Kind Erushara's house (presumably taken from him when he was teken into custory) rather than the player having to ask for it.
Yeah that's a good point.

Quote:I hope you are keeping Kind Erushara alive so he can be a stool pigeon later in the quest line; it might be fun to force the player to takes risks to save Kind's life later on (with the subsequent still-extreme ingratitude on Kind's part since the player got him into this to begin with).
Don't worry, he'll be alive whicever way you do the quest.

I'm currently typing a few more quests, so this'll be upadted shortly. Smile

Do you have any suggestions for the other quests?
02-11-2007, 07:15 PM,

Tashpi Ashibael could have disappeared during the Daedra invasion that resulted in the sacking of Ald-Ruhn. Could he (she?) have gone to Falasmaryon to either (a) find something to help Maar Gan resist the Daedra (I like the idea of a daedric weapon that only Anheadra, the local "tame" daedra, can use against his fellow-daedra, though you will need to have some stroy about how he has agreed or been compelled to use it), or (b) figure out how to use the propylon system to get help?

I always liked the missions into the ancient strongholds, and think in this version of vvardenfell the ruins could be even more impressive.

Let's say the player has to ask around to find out who knows where Tashpi has gone, and finally gets directed to an old Dunmer who Tashpi interrogated about ancient strongholds. The old Dunmer advised the player to investigate Falasmaryon (which is, IIRC, fairly accessable from Maar Gan). The player goes to Maar Gan, which has been reoccupied by the Sixth House after being driven out by the Neraverine. Best if these Sixth Housers are unfriendly but not actively hostile. The player will need to bribe/charm/persuade some Sixth house minion into admitting that a Dunmer was in fact there some time ago, and that the Sixth House local boss, after hearing out the dunmer, told him/her that what she sought was in the tunnels off of the sewers (Falasmaryon has sewers). The Sixth House local boss was just amusing himself, because the sewers are full of ghosts (or whatever). The player has to fight through the ghosts and then finds Tashpi (or the corpse of Tashpi) and on it is the weapon (or whatever Tashpi was looking for), or maybe just a clue as to the location of said item. get the item, and return to the questgiver.
02-11-2007, 07:22 PM,

Nice ideas :goodjob:. This is part of what I had for the Tashpi quest:

Probably one of the biggest recent mysteries of Maar Gan, was the disappearance of Tashpi Ashibael, whose spare time and hobbies may have taken her life in exchange. Talk to almost any NPC in Maar Gan, and they?ll have the topic of Tashpi, if you ask about it, they?ll just say ?I don?t like to talk about her to strangers?. Raise their disposition above 70, and they?ll talk more. It seems she disappeared a few weeks ago, and although she kept a low profile and didn?t seem to mix in much with others, everyone knew who she was, but not for good reasons.

Most of the townspeople believe that she was a Necromancer, and rumour has it, that she did her practice in her own house, on corpses left from nearby tombs and caves. To learn more, you?re directed to Hetman Galu-ban, who can be found just outside of town, behind the Andus Tradehouse. He will tell you that she was very cautious, and was rarely seen anyway. But strange noises were heard from her house recently, that the guards, and the nobles are keeping a large secret. He will then ask for you to speak with X in the Temple just up the path.

X Will tell you that he was with the nobles and guards when they finally decided to check the house, to see if she was around. And that they got more than they bargained for. You?re then sent on a hunt to speak with convicted necromancers from around Vvardenfell, and see if they knew anything. You?ll only be asked to search the Forts. At Fort Pelagiad, in the prison, speak with Y. She claims to know something, but wants you to break her free first, as she claims to be innocent. If you agree, simply steal the key from the desk in the first room of the prison, and give it to her. If not, you?ll need to threaten her, which depends on your Speechcraft skill. It?s recommended you don?t do this if your Speechcraft is below 70. If you fail at intimidating her, your only choice is to break her free.

Maybe we could integrate your ideas into this? She was a Necromancer by the way. How about, when you meet this 'prisoner' in Pelagiad, he takes you to one of the Dunmer Strongholds, and explains where she went, then it continues from then. The screenshots of her house below will also need to have some connection with her disappearance, maybe it could have been cursed or something? Oh, and, another plan, was to make Tashpi Ashibael dead- and you must find out what happened.

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t64/R...Shot91.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t64/R...Shot90.jpg

Any ideas?
02-11-2007, 07:57 PM,

I would recommend that you leave the jailbreak/fellow-prisoner quest lines to the illegal guilds, which are going to need them and you don't want to overdo that theme.

The missing Necromancer thing sounds good, and can lead the player into some dark places indeed. We could sort of combine the ideas and have Tashpi trying to sell some powerful necromantic ideas to House Dagoth in Kogoruhn, but in reality she was going to double-cross them and her rites would invoke some powerful Undead who would take over Kogoruhn in her name.

At some point the player could have to shift from trying to save her from House Dagoth to realizing she is even more evil than house dagoth, and turn on her (and if the player is from House Dagoth, the first part would be harder than the second).

Great-looking house, btw; maybe the dead corpse is a "dead Dreamer" and that is what first connects her disappearance to House Dagoth?
02-11-2007, 08:10 PM,

I like it Big Grin. The dead Dreamer makes sense too. I'll edit the OP with your quest proposal. :goodjob:

How about a shady character finds and approaches you, asking to come to Kogoruhn not long after you take the quest?
02-11-2007, 09:31 PM,

too cliche, plus that'll be used in the mainquest!