Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maeglin asks Frequent Questions
06-08-2007, 03:55 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Maeglin Dubh
According to the help file, there is no way to create a one-handed spear, since the only option available in the hand positions menu is two-handed spear. Is that acccurate, or can new hand positions be devised?

It can be and has been done

Here is one mod that might do the trick, I have never played it so I do not know how good it is.

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/Vi...5466#Files

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-08-2007, 04:01 PM,

Well, that's just using long blade. I saw that possibility. I was hoping to be able to make it the actual spear skill, rather than the (already overused) long blade. But I did make a one-handed silver staff, and a one-handed wooden staff, called the Pilgrim Staff, and a handful of throwing spears, and set them on a new NPC in Seyda Neen.

EDIT: Just tested it, and I'm not quite sure if the selling works, since he attacked on sight and I had to kill him. The weapons work, though.

EDIT 2: More details... On the staves, I lowered speed and reach and shifted the type to one-handed blunt. The spear I used Iron Spear as the baseline, dropped the weight, lowered the speed, changed the chop attack to the same values as the thrust, and made it marksman-throwable.

Question: Where might I find these new armor types? I've tried retailers in both Silgrad proper and RP, to no avail. Are these all new armors I'm going to have to be sneaky with a body to get? Or have I just not found the right armor shop?
06-08-2007, 04:14 PM,

Well, that's just using long blade. I saw that possibility. I was hoping to be able to make it the actual spear skill, rather than the (already overused) long blade. But I did make a one-handed silver staff, and a one-handed wooden staff, called the Pilgrim Staff, and a handful of throwing spears, and set them on a new NPC in Seyda Neen.

EDIT: Just tested it, and I'm not quite sure if the selling works, since he attacked on sight and I had to kill him. The weapons work, though.

True ! they are just set at longblade, I think theirs a couple of modders who have or are working on a spear version with some throwing animations I'll have to look into it more.

06-08-2007, 04:31 PM,

Ok, the selling works. But he only has ten. How do you set a merchant to refill their stock?
06-08-2007, 04:43 PM,

Ok, the selling works. But he only has ten. How do you set a merchant to refill their stock?

I don't understand

restocking is typically once you leave for some time and come back...

what selling works are you referring to?

With regard to this:

Question: Where might I find these new armor types? I've tried retailers in both Silgrad proper and RP, to no avail. Are these all new armors I'm going to have to be sneaky with a body to get? Or have I just not found the right armor shop?

Most of what I discribed is used by the Knights, and Special Guard units, you won't find them for sale, maybe a piece here and thier, but for the most part, if your looking to get (for example) Silgrad Prime Guard Uniform you'll need to pick a fight with one of them and take it

Big Grin
Bob

06-08-2007, 04:49 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Quote:Originally posted by agram
About the wildlife: we could add some new ones found on planetelderscrolls, but bob is the one that decides. I too think it is a little empty, so I could do a little search over the web. Everything I found i'll add to the resources that could be used thread in the warehouse.
Bob you decide.

EDIT: Is it possible to make a new version, because the warehouse is full of files and it is hard to find them?

A new version of what?

Wildlife

We allready have Caits Farm Animals and Abots Waterlife

We need Horses, Wild Boar, and whatever other wildlife may have been seen in OB, (I've never played so I don't know)

Bob

A new version of the ST esp, with those files in the warehouse.
A 1.6 or wich ever is the next.

About the refilling the stock:
Did you make your merchant with -10 pieces? You need to give him that minus in front of the stock.
06-08-2007, 04:56 PM,

-10... That would do it. Right now he only has 10 throwing spears, and 2 each of the staves. So if I put a - in front of whatever number, he'll restock?
06-08-2007, 04:59 PM,

Yes just give him everithing - and the number you want him to have. This also works with chests and all other containers
06-08-2007, 06:09 PM,

Fixed! Works just fine now. Now remains only to decide what else to add to him....

Question: Do the backpacks serve any specific purpose? And what armor slot do they occupy? I was wondering since some mods use backpacks with a constant effect Feather spell so you can carry more while you're wearing one.
06-08-2007, 06:16 PM,

I know of one backpack mod, and that is palduron replacer, i think it serves no purpose. Why do you ask?