Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mages Guild - Voicework
11-16-2007, 03:15 PM,
Mages Guild - Voicework
Hey,

There's alot of NPC's and dialogue in the Mages Guild questline. This thread is going to contain all the dialogue of the NPC's and who will voice these NPC's. (The "Voicework" means how much dialogue there is for that particular character)

Stats:
  1. Amount: 14 NPC's
  2. Claimed: 8/14 NPC's
  3. Finished: 2/14 NPC's
    [/list=1][TITLE]Important[/TITLE]

1. Amilia Noctis
      Race: Dunmer
      Voicework: Much
      Voice Actor: None yet

2. Clengoth
      Race: Bosmer
      Voice Actor: SWThemer

3. Vanco Valean
      Voice Actor: AndySlayer

4. Horuscia Ratori
      Race: Imperial
      Voice Actor: None Yet

[/list=1][TITLE]Quest important[/TITLE]

1. Nibarr Faren
        Voicework: Mediocre
        Voice Actor: Cuthalion

2. Several Daedra
        Race: Daedroth
        Voice Actor: Cuthalion

3. Felthyn Virith
        Voicework: Little
        Voice Actor: Cambridge Spy

4. Relam Thirano

5. Athasor Alayn
        Voicework: Mediocre

6. Gadave Belaram

7. Balamus Indaren

8. Mareri Indaren

[/list=1]
        [TITLE]Not Important[/TITLE]

1. Idonis Nigius
          Race: Imperial
          Voicework: Very little

2. Ciralind
          Race: High Elf
          Voicework: Very little
          Voice Actor: Ibsen's Ghost

[/list=1]
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
12-29-2007, 09:43 PM,

I'd like to do Clengoth if that is okay. I've got some sample in the "New to Silgrad" thread that I recently posted if you wanna look. Thanks,
Sam
12-29-2007, 10:15 PM,

Howdy swthemer

Welcome to Silgrad

your voice will be a great asset, the rest of you will be too Big Grin
thanks for taking interest

With regard to Clengoth I see that has allready been claimed

If interested in others I think you could do a good Imperial as well

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
12-29-2007, 10:26 PM,

Quote:With regard to Clengoth I see that has allready been claimed

I'm thinking of pulling my name from that one 'cause my Bosmer bites. Smile There have already been a couple of VAs who do a lot better Bosmer than me. I was thinking after the New Year of contacting all the prospective VAs and assessing the overall voice situation.

As for Sam, based on the Pelanor samples, I hear him as more of an Altmer, but if Cuthalion doesn't object, maybe we can make Clengoth taller. Smile
Clengocil, anyone? Big Grin

Steve
12-29-2007, 10:39 PM,

Woops, my mistake. I did not see that Clengoth was claimed (I'm need to read things more thouroughly). I can do the Altmer voices, as SACarrow said and I can always try my hand at something else. Just drop me a line Smile

Also, I agree with SACarrow on the name thing and I really do like Clengocil. It's up to Cuthalion though.
12-30-2007, 02:21 AM,

Rejoice all, I'm back!

Erhm, as you can see we're in dire need of voiceactors, so on the one hand I'd say SACarrow do the Clengoth and swthemer you another, but seeing as Clengoth is one of my biggest characters (my little brainchild :love: ) I really need his voiceactor to be available for much voiceacting and his voice to be very cool.

So, SACarrow, if you are willing to give up the glorious role of Clengoth.... Well, in that case the job's yours SWThemer!

SACarrow: could you do Vanco Valean? How's your evil voice?
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
12-30-2007, 02:39 AM,

Yay, I'll work on an accent and if you would kindly send me some sample lines (with some possible motivational direction Big Grin ) then I'll roll you out some samples, or I can just do some persuasion game samples for ya'.
12-30-2007, 04:41 AM,

swthemer: I'd still like you to do the persuasion lines if possible. They won't be wasted; one of the goals here is to revoice the Generic and Crime quests to establish a different "sound" from Vanilla OB. I did male Argonian Generic and Razorwing has done male Breton Generic. Based on Pelanor, I think you'd be great for Altmer Generic. Admittedly that's around 700 lines, but you don't have to do them all at once, though both of us did. Big Grin

Cuthalion: Have you put any of Clen's lines into the CS yet? It would be cool if you could take the lines you have and shoot them over to Sam. One favor I ask is that you break up the lines as you expect them to be entered into the CS. From working with the play, I can confirm that it's a royal pain in the @$$ to cut and paste the sound files to fit the CS.

Also, would it do damage to your story if Clengoth became an Altmer?

Thanks,
Steve
12-30-2007, 10:13 AM,

@SACarrow: I'm afraid I haven't actually touched the CS for modding for the MG. There's however this quest (Quest 2: Murder Mystery) which is very Clengoth heavy. I'll start working on the Dialogue & Triggers.

Here's what Clengoth says in the quest 'Initiation Stiffs':

Quote:- Player101-Topic01: "Joining the Morrowind Mages Guild"
- Clengoth101-Answer01: "Yes, yes, yes, it is possible. The Morrowind Mages Guild is a very... very priviledged guild. We do not care about credentials, we believe in experiencing a mage's potential ourselves.
- Clengoth102-Answer01: "So we devised a... An initiation ritual for such events."
- Player102-Topic02: "Initiation"
- Clengoth102-Answer02: "Relam Thirano is in charge of the initiation. You should speak with him if you truly aspire to become one of us."

And in the end of the quest:

Quote:Player301-Topic01: "Initiation"
Clengoth201-Answer01: "Ah, yes, how did the initiation go? Did Relam grant you the title of Apprentice?"
Player302-Answer01: "Relam Thirano died when a Daedra showed up claiming that Thirano owed him souls. I killed the Daedra."
- You give Clengoth the Tooth -
Clengoth202-Answer01: "Relam always was too naive for Conjuring. But you did very well! Killing a Daedra is a feat worthy of recognition. I'm naming you Apprentice. You are now a full member of the Morrowing Mages Guild! Congratulations!"
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
12-30-2007, 04:13 PM,

Cuthalion: Here are the Clengoth lines with a touch of editing. I assume that the ellipses indicate meaningful pauses. Big Grin

"Yes, yes, yes, it is possible. The Morrowind Mages Guild is a very ... exclusive guild. We do not care about credentials."

"We believe in experiencing a mage's potential for ourselves."

"So we devised a, shall we say, special initiation ritual for such situations."

"Relam Thirano is in charge of the initiation. You should speak with him if you truly aspire to become one of us."

"Ah, yes, how did the initiation go? Did Relam grant you the title of Apprentice?"

"Relam always was too naive for Conjuriation. But you did very well! Killing a Daedra is a feat worthy of recognition. I'm naming you Apprentice."

"You are now a full member of the Morrowing Mages Guild! Congratulations!"

None of my changes are written in stone. I added the "shall we say" to vary the type of theatrical pause that seems characteristic of Clengoth's speech. He seems like the kind of guy who believes that invisible pixies are writing down his every word for posterity. This BTW seems very Altmer-esque. Big Grin

Let me know what you think,
Steve

EDIT: I just noticed that a couple of the lines exceeded 150 characters. That is a hard limit of the CS and must be adhered to. I've edited the first and last lines into portions that fall under that limit.