Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main Quest
09-05-2006, 12:42 AM,

Uh...well, we haven't gotten very far in the main quest yet.

We'll see.
Her eyes, though which crystal tears gave light,
shone like the moon in water, seen by night
09-05-2006, 12:51 AM,

Yeah...we would have had more on the main quest if our old mod leaders had not left us.

Well, now Cog is our main quest writer and i think that the main quest will be much better then it would have been if our old mod leaders had not left us Wink

Well done Cogidubnus :goodjob:
Akavir mod leader.
09-05-2006, 12:52 AM,

Perhaps we should take what we have so far and put it in tree form? Mark the areas off that have possible branches that can return to teh quest, and also mark of things that can happen in any order?

I forgot to say, it looks great!
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
09-05-2006, 12:55 AM,

Well, if we can do all that, that would be great!

We should also have a good or bad ending Big Grin
Akavir mod leader.
09-05-2006, 12:55 AM,

Sure. not sure how to do that, but hey.

I'm gonna log off for the night, guys. I'll see you all, anon.
09-07-2006, 03:07 AM,

Okay -

In times of yore, I'd simply write whatever came into my head when it came to the main quest (that statement may be somewhat misleading - I'm still gonna write from out of my head), but, now I have all of these people who want to be involved with the quest, lore-wise and other-wise.

So, were gonna try something different - if it doesn't work out, we'll go back to the old way.

The next chapter, I'm planning on putting the character through the Akaviri countryside, and possibly through Bu'Po. Depends. The question for all of you is:

How should the Akaviri countryside look like? I was thinking a jungle, at least in the Tang mo reigion.

So, input would be appreciated. Let's see where this takes us.
09-07-2006, 03:55 AM,

Well, i can tell you how the countryside looks, because i created it Big Grin
The Main island of Tang Mo has many low and smooth hills, north of Bu Po are rivers and marshes...a lot of low land with large trees.
Just south-east of Bu Po are a lot of rice paddies and banana plantations :bananarock: :banana:
That's also where the jungle begins, the jungle has smooth hills too Big Grin
All i need now is are the jungle trees Wink
Akavir mod leader.
09-07-2006, 03:57 AM,

Makes sense.
09-07-2006, 04:12 AM,

There is a large sandy island just west of Bu Po, there are only a vew Tang Mo that live there...a perfect place to start the main quest on Akavir.
It has dunes along the west coast, and at least one small river and a large shallow lake.
The rest is flatlands and this island will be covered with jungle Big Grin
From there, the player would have to travel to Bu Po.
Akavir mod leader.
09-18-2006, 04:29 AM,

in my last post here, I said the hero would go to Bu' Po. I lied. We've moved past that, and are now in the land of the Tsaesci, as per some helpful rumors gained in Bu' Po. Maybe I'll write something out for that later, but it really doesn't matter how you get here. I do have some good news - I have the entire plot figured out now - new chapters should be more frequent. I apologize for the relative shortness of this chapter, compared with the time it took to write, but, alas: such is life. There might be spelling errors, and this was written peicemeal - the quality fluctuates. I might update later.

Midnight in the Land of Vampires
as a submission for
the Main Quest

Walking through the city of vampires is a little unnerving. Especially at night. The Tsaesci are outwardly friendly...buy you can't shake the feeling that they are eying the veins in your neck every moment you aren't watching them. More unfortunately, you've planned badly, and you're lost. It's almost nightfall, and the gates are going to close before you make it to the other side of the city: trapping you inside. All night long. With a city full of creatures who would love nothing more than to suck you dry. You shudder, and finger your sword as you begin to plan how you're going to survive this night.
Three hours later, you still haven't figured out how you are going to survive this night. You've wandered aimlessly throughout the twists and turns of the city, and the snake-people grow less friendly with every encounter. And your worried that you're being followed.
You turn a street corner, and muffle your own steps. Listening carefully, you can hear the clacking of boots under the sound of your own footsteps following you down the street. Convinced, you dodge into an alleyway and begin to sprint for the other side, hoping to lose whoever is following you. Looking behind, you see them turn into the alley, and startled, begin to sprint after you. Turning around the corner into the street, you run out of sight, and press yourself against the street wall right next to the alley. You hear their footsteps get closer, and you brace yourself. Will it work? Suppose they can smell you?
The snake men thunder by you, oblivious. You dodge back into the alley, and listen for the sound of returning footsteps. For a few tense moments you think you almost hear their boots, but no one storms back into the alley. You hold your breath, and...silence. It worked. You sigh, and lean back against the wall in relief, and take a moment to catch your breath. You've survived for another moment. You pause, and take stock of your surroundings
It's fairly nondescript, as alleys go. The doors of various businesses and homes dot the walls: some are in better repair than others. Some haven't been opened in years. Others seem to have no rooms behind the wood. Either way, as you take in your surroundings, only one door stands out. It's the only business still open, and it looks like it has seen better days. 'Blind Treason' is written on a small sign above the door. Not really feeling like braving the streets anymore, you enter the shop in hopes of finding directions to an inn, or whatever passes for safe lodging on this accursed continent. The shopkeeper greets you.
?Ahhh! I've been expecting you...?
?Eh??
The interior of the shop is a stark contrast with the exterior. Lush carpets, hanging tapestries, and verdant plants decorate the inside, lending it a luxurious, demure atmosphere. The shopkeeper is dressed in the simple dress popular with the Akaviri natives. You bow clumsily in an attempt at courtesy, and eye the shopkeeper warily. He smiles that damned smile you've seen too often on this island.
?Expecting me??
?Indeed?. The light reflects off his glasses, momentarily obscuring his eyes. You inch your hand closer to your sword. He holds up his hands.
?Please, I harbor no malice. I wish merely to...talk. And perhaps more.? He smiles, the reptilian attempt at friendliness making him seem little more trustworthy than most goblins you've run across.
You rest your hand on the hilt of your blade ? you are determined to take no chances with this character.
?I don't like mysterious people, sir.?, you say brusqely. ?I don't like them very much at all. In fact, for the next few minutes, your going to have to work very hard to stay alive?. You put as much threat into that statement as you can. The Tsaesci seems merely amused.
?I am Zatoichi, and I swear to you I mean you no harm. I have been expecting you for some time now. My mistress knew of your coming long before now, and has made sure to be prepare for this very moment.?
You are about to draw your sword and fight for all you are worth, when the shopkeeper continues his statement.
?We have a gift for you: and a opportunity.?
You hold off on drawing. The shopkeeper pulls out a small lacquered box, and pulls a sealed letter from it. He closes the box, and hands you the letter.
?Open it after you leave this shop ? there are things that I must explain to you first?. He pushes his glasses back up on the ridge on his nose.
?My mistress...?
?Who is your mistress??
?She prefers to remain anonymous ? but, what you need to know, is that she is in full knowledge of where the Nerevarine is being held. His location is contained within that letter. What I must explain to you, so that you may believe what you read, is why we have contacted you.?
He gestures to a map of Akavir
?The Tsaesci are the most dangerous force in this land ? were the Lords able to agree to fight together, neither Tosh Raka nor the rest of the island could possibly prevent our victory. But, with the Monkeys and Cats on either side, the snow-demons attacks every year, and the infighting among the Lords, it has created a most delicate of equilibriums.? He smiles.
?Tosh Raka has kidnapped this Nerevar ? and this threatens the...delicate...balance. This, my mistress does not want. You will rescue this Nerevar, and return him to your Tamriel, before he causes more strife.? He smiles again, reminding you of that salesman who sold you that postmortem pair of shoes. ?Of course, we ask you, because we have no possible way to transport him back to Tamriel. We wish you the best.? He bows, and waits for you to respond.
You stare at him for a moment, waiting for him to crack, but he keeps cool. You narrow one eye. You were trying to rescue the Nerevarine anyway, but you might as well give this character a run for his money.
?Why should I??
His smiles slips, but he quickly recovers. ?That, my friend, is part of the opportunity we have for you. It so happens that in our search for the Nerevarine, we came across some of his equipment.?
He pulls a sheet off of a mannequins located behind the counter, and your jaw drops. Under the sheet was a suit of the most dazzling white armor you have ever seen, and all over it the slight sheen of enchantment. You stare at it agape for a moment, and try your best to recover your wits.
?It's...it's a little gaudy, isn't it??
The shopkeeper smiles his oily smile, and produces a Katana from under the counter. For half of the length of the blade, the edge remains keen, but past the mono-uch, the blade looks as though someone had struck a stone wall with it ? the edge is entirely flattened, the looks somewhat scorched. Your eyes widen yet again.
?That's some armor.?
He smiles. You reach to touch one of the pauldrons, but he slaps your hand with the flat of his blade. You give him a sharp look.
?Ah! Do not touch until you buy!? He laughs the sibilant hiss of the Tsaesci.
You scowl. Of course ? your gift was the letter. The 'opportunity' must be the chance to buy these artifacts. Likely at artifact prices.
?You have the chance to buy this armor...along with other trinkets, as per the orders of my mistress. Buy, them, you see. We are not a charity ? we merely wish to preserve what little peace there is in this turbulent land.?
You scowl. The shopkeeper seems to be almost laughing at you, but you don't like the look of the dagger at his belt ? it to shimmers with magicka. It's likely to be enchanted with a very nasty effect. You feel your purse, and begin to think of what you have in your pack that you could possibly sell to afford some of these things.

Zatoichi watched the stranger leave, much poorer but somewhat better equipped. He laughed, and adjusted his glasses. His mistress would be well pleased ? by the time this fool realized that he was following a wild goose chase, Tosh Raka would already have used the Nerevarine, and waged his war on the Tsaesci. With any luck, he would break the back of the Lords, and begin his conquest of Akavir.

Of course, that would be exactly when the stranger would free the Nerevarine. He could barely suppress his laughter.