Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main quest for Steadhelm.
12-30-2006, 07:15 PM,

The quest should be interesting for the player.
I don't want the player to visit a number of places, in order to gather objects, to complete the quest.

It should be a mix of getting information via NPC's and perhaps retrieve a few objects. The quest giver has to be in Steadhelm. The quest should lead to Reich Parkeep and back to Steadhelm, for the conclusion.

There are two possible ways.

1) Describe your ideas, if granted you're free to complete the quest.

2) The second way, describe the quest, if granted, I'll take care of the (result) scripting, implementing the dialogue and creating the NPC's etc.

I need the quest stages (fully written) and you need to write all of the dialogue.

Indicate which dialogue or objects trigger the next quest stage.
If you plan to create new NPC's, indicate race, gender and the name.
Also state where they live etc.

A said before, I'll do the rest.

It's up to you, how this quest will develop. Smile

EDIT
The quest should comply to the lore in general.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-01-2007, 03:38 PM,

(still just a concept)

[Steadhelm Mainquest] The Burning Fate

Chapter 1
Steadhelm is in uproar: a witch has been found! Normally the Imperial reign would not allow a witchburning, but the Imperial judges and the Imperial Watch has found enough evidence, like the bodies in the witch's house, to give her the death penalty. Sometimes Steadhelm looks like the smallest farmtown, an angry mob cried out for this woman's blood. Politically seen, an Imperial verdict would most likely not aid in calming down Steadhelm. So the Imperial Judges have given permission for this woman to be burned by this mob.

Your interest, as adventurer, has obviously been drawn to this spectacle. Cursed with a hero complex you try to find out if this woman really did this. She's a dark elf of stunning beauty, and when you talk to her, her eyes seem far away and her voice is calm; like she already accepted her horrific fate. She says she was not responsible for the crimes that she has been blamed for.

When you research who were killed you start out like any detective, you search the motive, why those people? When you go to the house of the suspected witch, you see a female dark elven blade (Offcourse, at that moment you do not know that this woman is a blade) talking to the Imperial Watch guard who is guarding the house. You come close and you hear them arguing. The woman comes close to the guard and touches him, suddenly he's very co?perative.

The guard walks away, the woman goes into the house. You follow her. Inside she speaks to you, asks you what you are doing there. When you answer her ("I'm here to make sure the Imperial Judges are not sending the wrong woman to Aetherius"), the screen becomes black.

Chapter 2
When you wake up, you are in the same house, in the room where both bodies are (horror-movie moment here). And the female blade (Athesnea Scerius) points to you every detail of the room, every detail of the killing machine who massacred these people. In the end of her monologue she says she could use you.

She gives you a map, with Steadhelm, Ebbedin and Silgrad City on it. The houses of the two murdered men marked on it. The last mark is where she is staying, a very old mansion in the middle of nowhere. She says that if you are really interested in this, and if you want an adventure, you should research those houses. Last, she gives you four scrolls (charm scrolls). Then she touches you, and you fall down to the ground, paralyzed. She walks out of the house.

Obviously interested in this adventure, you travel to the houses. One of the murdered men had a companion (as in wife), the other house (of the man who doesn't have a wife) is guarded by a Imperial Guard. This is where your new scrolls come in handy; charm the guard, and the wife because when you want to check the house, she shouldn't be around. You check the houses, and in each one you find a secret room.

Within this secret room is a shrine, but the shrine is build (it looks obvious) as if it is supposed to hold something. It doesn't, atleast not anymore. However, all of the shrines have the inscription "Band". When you go to Athesnea, you see the mansion, it's a ruin and it seems quite clear no-one lives there. Athesnea seems to be waiting for you outside. When you talk to her and inform her of your findings she tells you that you're going back to the house of the so-called witch. When the dialogue ends you're insta-transported to the massacre chamber in the witch's house.

Chapter 3
Athesnea says "I've given you all your leads, if you have listened to me and if you posses a mind, you should be able to find where the one who killed these people found the last chamber. Fenn.". From that moment on, she does not move, she simply stands in the door, waiting for you to find the chamber. The bodies form a perfect arrow. The arrow points towards the north wall, when you activate the painting hanging there, the word "Fenn" appears suddenly on all of the walls and both you and Athesnea are transported.

You hear the voice of the witch: "Welcome to the Fenn, the Threshold." When you walk towards the shrine, you see it is emptied. But this time you can read the inscription:

"Ayleids, who lived thousands of years ago, created the Amulet of the Armor, or atleast that is what we have called it. When my grandfather came back from his adventures in Cyrodiil, he brought back a magnificent armor. Red as blood [maybe retexturing Glass into red?], stronger then any other he or we had ever encountered. My grandfather was the strongest man I could imagine. But he became more evil by the day, it was not very obvious. But at a certain point, he killed two men who worked for him in a rage. My mother had died years before. I, and the sons of the murdered men, followed my grandfather. We knew we could not best him in battle, so we did not try. He ended his journey in a cave, when we came in after him, we saw him put an amulet off I had never seen before and his armor dissappeared in thin air. He took his sword and cut his own throat. We decided never to wear this evil, cursed amulet and divide it up into three pieces, each of our fellowship would hide one piece.

For this evil thing could never again be allowed to corrupt good knights!"

After reading the inscription, you talk to Athesnea. "This was known to me, I have a confession to make. I am a Blade, the blades knew about the amulet but never made a move to secure it because we thought it was aptly protected. Apparently we were wrong. I was sent to Steadhelm after the one man who the blades knew for sure was member of this fellowship was murdered. I was sent here to make sure the amulet would not be stolen."

"Another thing I have kept from you, the mansion where you picked me up. It's the mansion where this grandfather lived. I searched for more clues there. I think it's our best bet right now."

Chapter 4
Back at the mansion you search around, when you get to the old bedroom of the grandfather you hear voices in the garden. When you get into the garden you & Athesnea see five men, in black leather, standing in front of you and a small stone shrine has risen from the ground. [A "you can't do anything moment here"] The amulet rises into the air, it is whole again. The middle one of the men cries out "You are too late Blade!", the leader of the group holds the amulet high in his hand, and then puts it on [thus he suddenly wears the blood-red armor]. The five prepare for fighting when you hear voices behind you, you look around and you see six other Blades in Blade-armor.

The leader of the men in black does a step forward, and his associates stand in a arrow behind him, pointing to him. "Not to get boring Athesnea, but he who runs away, lives to fight another day. You will not win this one Athesnea!". In a red flash all five disappear.

Blade Luitenant: "Mam, what are your orders?"
Athesnea: "So he did approve of my plans?"
BL: "Yes, mam!"
A: "Very well, I want you to set up here."
A: "Here's the first adress, it's in Silgrad City. Make sure you capture this one alive!"
BL: "Yes mam!"

Athesnea (to the player): "Those men were members of a group of assasins, we think they are men defected from the Dark Brotherhood. You might now be thinking "why did the Dark Brotherhood allow that to happen"? Well, the Dark Brotherhood isn't as strong here as it is in Cyrodiil. Fact is, those men are highly experienced and they will be ready for us. However, we have a man on the inside and he's leaked me information: we have two adresses and I hope the men on those locations can tell us where the others are.... Let's roll!"

When in Steadhelm, Athesnea walks towards the prison, charms the guard and walks inside. There, we see the man we were looking for standing with a lockpick in his right hand and a sword in his left in front of the cell of the witch. Athesnea points her bow at him and he surrenders. Athesnea opens the celldoor of the witch.
Relvala: "I knew it would be you Athesnea!"
Athesnea: "Oh, Relvala it has been too long!"
A: "Relvala, my fellow blades have come to help, we will retrieve the amulet. "
R: "My father's mansion?"
A: "Yes, could you take Raymis with you Relvala?"
R: "I will see you there Athes!"
Player: "You know her?"
A: "Yes, I was once part of Six, which is the group we met earlier. Madras, the leader, and Raymis were of the Dark Brotherhood. We were with six so we called ourselfs Six. We had this 'noble' search for ancient artifacts in mind and our existence was based upon finding the amulet. When I was ordered by Madras to steal a book from Relvala, I was caught and she brought me back to the good side. She had some contacts in the Blades who helped me, and thus we are standing here"
A: "For now, I suggest you take a day off, come to the mansion tomorrow and we'll have more information."
A: "Thank you, Player."

Athesnea dissappears.

Chapter 5
When you get back to the mansion 24 hours later, Athesnea and Relvala are standing outside. Inside the house are 4 blades present (including the leader), in the prison beneath the mansion is a prisoner(Six member Raymis Dralayn).

Athesnea: "Welcome back, Player. We've been busy, we've interrogated our newest guest and we were just leaving to follow up on his confession. Our target is Glathen cave, it's north of Silgrad. Here, I'll mark it on your map. Lead on!"

In Glathen Cave you'll find two kinds of skeletons,a bow and a sword kind, Guardians of the Amulet. In the end of the cave (it's not that big) you'll find the body of Gilvos Hlarys hanging over a bloody altar.

Athesnea: "I always knew he was capable of this, Madras has never been known for his love for his kin. Raymis and he were brothers, but never such in spirit I suppose. Madras does not share power. We should return to the mansion."

Back at the mansion you find a massacre, two (Bravanil and Dolvasi Rendas) of the blades' liveless bodies are outside. Inside you'll find three blades battling more Guardians of the Amulet. When you've destroyed the skeletons:

Athesnea: "We have to get to the prison, he has come after Raymis!"

In the prison you'll find more skeletons, Raymis in a pool of blood and a blade in front of the prison bars, dead.

Athesnea: "Maybe Surus has more information, let's go."

Chapter 6

Surus is standing outside in front of a dead skeleton. Athesnea goes to talk with him.

Athesnea: "Surus, what happened?"
Surus: "We were attacked Athesnea, I thought that would be quite obvious."
A: "Surus!"
Surus: "Dolvasi, Bravanil, Thibault DEAD!"

Then the skeleton rises again, and starts talking in Madras's voice:

Madras: "That will be the fate of all who have challenged me, including your precious friend, Athesnea!"

A scream (Relvala's voice) can be heard.

Athesnea: "Nooo! Relvala!"
Player: "He is there, isn't he? We must go back to Relvala's house and stop him!"
Athesnea: "Yes, we do!" [pronounced slowly, sadly]
Surus: "Athesnea and I will make preparations, meet us in twelve hours in front of Relvala's house!" [quick, leadervoice]

Chapter 7
The player enters Relvala's house, and goes to the room in which the entrance to the cave is located.

Alodie Jes, Mevreesa Tures, Surus Hers and Athesnea are standing in the room.

Athesnea: "The entrance has already been opened, we must hurry. Follow us %Player"

Inside the cave are the bodies of Raymis Dralayn, Gilvos Hlarys, Sorama Aryon, Lledisa Andarys and Relvala Farethi. Madras Dralayn is standing in front of the bodies, looking at Athesnea.

Madras: "You never figured out why I insisted there were Six of us, did you Athesnea?"
Surus: "Madras Dralayn, in name of the Empire we will have to stop you!"
Madras: "Maybe you've figured out now you've seen the bodies? Remember the dagger we got from the Dark Brotherhood operative? The one that could store souls into soulgems? It seems the previous owner of this amulet put a strong protection enchantment on it. I needed the lifeforce of five people."
Athesnea: "You will not survive this Madras!"
Madras: "I'm afraid you are too late Athesnea, Mevreesa, Alodie, attack them."

Madras puts the amulet on and instantly wears a scarlet armour.

Attack scene starts, the player fights Madras, Surus and Athesnea fight Mevreesa and Alodie.

Surus falls in battle, Mevreesa and Alodie also fall. When Madras dies (Mevresa and Alodie are dead at that moment too) his bodies goes on fire, the controls 'freeze', Athesnea runs to Madras and retrieves the amulet.

Athesnea: "We have to get out of here, this place is burning down!"

Chapter 8

Athesnea: "No! The way back is blocked! Come here, quick!"

A bright light fills the cave, the player blacks out.

Player wakes up and sees an unknown man in front of him. The man walks towards Athesnea, who is still paralyzed.

Unknown man: "I'll take that, it can't be allowed to fall into any hands in the future."

The man walks towards an altar, puts the amulet in and strikes the altar with an fireball.

Man: "That'll never harm anyone again. Now, you two."

Athesnea wakes up and stands.

Man: "I think I'll just transport you back to your cozy village. Goodbye. Nice meeting you."

You are transported back to Steadhelm.

Athesnea: "Thank you. Without you I would have never been able to get to the amulet!"
Player: "Who was that man?!"
Athesnea: "My blade commander told me there was one man to whom I would have to give the amulet, this man would destroy the amulet. I do not know more."
Player: "What will you do now, Athesnea?"
Athesnea: "I will be debriefed by my fellow blades and then, then I'll have to inform the families of the fallen blades that their loved one is no more."
Athesnea: "But before we part ways, I wish to give you this. 5000 coins for your services and this amulet. When worn you will be able to reflect all spells for fifteen seconds."
Athesnea: "Good luck to you in your future adventures."

- END -

NPC List:
Witch - Relvala Farethi - Dark Elven - Female
Blade Agent - Athesnea Scerius - Dark Elven - Female
Leader of the Six - Madras Dralayn - Dark Elven - Male
Six member 1 - Raymis Dralayn - Dark Elven - Male
Six member 2 - Gilvos Hlarys - Dark Elven - Male
Six member 3 - Sorama Aryon - Dark Elven - Female
Six member 4 - Lledisa Andarys - Dark Elven - Female
Blade Luitenant - Surus Hers - Imperial - Male
Blade 1 - Dolvasi Rendas - Dark Elven - Male
Blade 2 - Mevreesa Tures - Dark Elven - Female
Blade 3 - Bravanil Sethri - Dark Elven - Male
Blade 4 - Alodie Jes - Breton - Male
Blade 5 - Thibault Jes - Breton - Male
Guard Victim House 04 - "Imperial Guard" - Imperial - Male
Guard Witch House - "Imperial Guard" - Imperial - Male
Victim 01: Fedave Rethre
Victim 01 Wife: Dalave Rethre
Victim 02: Ineri Delvi
Victim 02 Wife: Dralin Delvi
Victim 03: Bedave Hleray
Victim 03 Wife: Llaala Hleray
Victim 04: Tidril Andala

Creatures:
Guardian of the Amulet - Skeleton, quite good - Bow
Guardian of the Amulet - Skeleton, quite good - Sword

Armor:
Complete set of Blood Glass, retexted glass into a bloody colour.

Locations List:
Prison - Steadhelm Castle Prison
Steadhelm streets
Witch House - This really needs to be made for the quest
Victim House 01 - An already existing house can be used (since Victim 01 has a wife)
Victim House 02 - An already existing house can be used (since Victim 02 has a wife)
Victim House 03 - An already existing house can be used (since Victim 03 has a wife)
Victim House 04 - Needs to be custom-made for the quest, since Victim 04 has no wife
Old Mansion - CheydinhalMiddle02

- EDIT 6 Januari 18:26 GMT +01:00 -
I've made Chapter 4, NPC list

- EDIT 20 January 21:27 GMT +01:00 -
Chapter 5

- EDIT 14 May 13:06 GMT +01:00 -
Chapter 6

- EDIT 17 May 21:27 GMT +01:00 -
Chapter 7
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
01-01-2007, 05:51 PM,

@Cuthalion
I like your concept.
As we need more quests I propose the following.

Both (TOYB and yours) the quests will be used, but I need the quest stages (fully written) and you need to write all of the dialogue.

Indicate which dialogue or objects trigger the next quest stage.
If you plan to create new NPC's, indicate race, gender and the name.
Also state where they live etc.

I'll do the rest.

Resuming.
We'll have two large quests (many stages).

@sacarrow
A very interesting idea. Smile

blue[/HR]

:alert:

TOYB's concept has been archived.
Check this link.

There will be one main quest.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-01-2007, 06:28 PM,

Ok, I'll work out my idea. But sandor, what do you think, would the longer or the shorter end work better?
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
01-01-2007, 06:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
.... what do you think, would the longer or the shorter end work better?
I like the longer end. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-06-2007, 05:27 PM,

updated it...
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
01-07-2007, 09:36 AM,

Thanks for the update. Smile

I think it would be wise to write the quest stages and the dialogue
together with the plot (because I'll start with the implementation of the quest).

Quote:For example quest stage 10 (triggered via the dialogue):

I talked to Relvala Farethi. She is accused of murder and witchcraft.
She says she was not responsible for the crimes that she has been blamed for.
I have to find out if she is innocent.

I need the exact dialogue for Relvala Farethi etc.

The old mansion. What type of building should it be? Chorrol architecture?
I'll start modding the interior after you replied.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-07-2007, 04:02 PM,

To be honest I thought about the mansion of the Orc, whos daughter you have to save in some Fighter's Guild quest.....
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
01-07-2007, 05:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
To be honest I thought about the mansion of the Orc, whos daughter you have to save in some Fighter's Guild quest.....
Ok, a CheydinhalHouseMiddle02 interior.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
01-10-2007, 01:59 PM,

small update:
- Locations List
- NPC list
Quote of the Day

Factions:
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild