Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making Vvardenfell's cultural differences from Cyro.
05-18-2006, 12:48 AM,
Making Vvardenfell's cultural differences from Cyro.
D'oh, can't fit the whole thing in the title.
"Making Vvardenfell's cultural differences from Cyrodiil apparent in even some more subtle areas"

I suppose I'll skip over to the point... anyone remember the K_Potion_Upgrade and K_Scroll_Upgrade mods from TES3? They made the potions and scrolls (respectively) look pretty Dunmeric (and also much better looking). So, we should do things like that for our mod... make any objects (or anything for that matter) that have to do with the Dunmer appear Dunmeric.
05-18-2006, 01:12 AM,

hmm, so besides words symbols and architecutre and armor and customs and greetings and weapons and land and banners and clothes right?

okay, so you mean like Dunmeric jars, cups, paper, rings, amulets, etc.?
05-18-2006, 01:25 AM,

Yep.
... The way you worded that response, it sounds like a lot. Let's go find us a bored modeller and a bored texturer. Big Grin
05-18-2006, 04:00 AM,

the way I responded....
well it is going to be a lot of tedious(?) work because it is slightly unnecessary, but extremely good to have
05-18-2006, 11:32 PM,

how about in more native regions, we could have native cramics, while major cities will have more imperialistic feel to its utlities.
05-18-2006, 11:33 PM,

Major Hlaalu cities, maybe. But other cities should be mostly Dunmeric, with foreign influence in buildings owned by outlanders.
05-19-2006, 09:58 PM,

Hmm... the Ashlanders should speak in their native tongue when talking to each other, and taunt you in it while fighting (why should they speak in an outland tongue all the time?)... and many rogue ashlanders would only be able to speak broken Cyrodiilic at best.
05-19-2006, 11:19 PM,

I would think only Hlaalu would speak good Cyrodiilic...

Redoran could probably speak it better than Indoril, Dres, and Telvanni, but far behind the Hlaalu in their skill with it...
and ashlanders... well they might speak VERY broken Cyrodiilic...

perhaps it is worthwhile making a sort of Dunmer accent for Cyrodiilic? just a thought
so you can obviously tell which Dunmer know Cyrodiilic and which ones can speak it (abliet still with a raspy voice)
05-19-2006, 11:24 PM,

I think the Great House Dunmer would probably be able to speak Cyrodiilic (but with a raspy voice) due to a few hundred years of Imperial rule... those living in Velothi hamlets wouldn't be able to speak it very well (maybe better in Vos, but worse in the others).
We shouldn't make everyone talk in broken (whether minor or major) Cyrodiilic, though... or else people will think "uh, none of these people can talk, I'm gonna go back to the land of Generic Forests™".

I might imagine them speaking something similar to Ehnoflex (used in the 36 Lessons of Vivec), though, um, that'd require kidnapping MK and forcing him to write dialogue.
06-16-2006, 01:19 AM,

sigh, tis true....
how about in SOME places CERTAIN npcs can only speak Dunmeric, except the text shown below is english?