Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Misk] (Darkmoor) Just cause' I'm naked!
01-29-2011, 12:23 PM,
[Misk] (Darkmoor) Just cause' I'm naked!
I had a nice little simple idea for a very short quest. Just needs a place for it, and an interior.

Whilst out wondering the Darkmoor region, the player encounters a Nord man naked and walking in circles.

Nord man (Herrtff): Hungry, so hungry....what, no, I'm not hungry, the worm, the worm is hungry for- Argh! Get out of me!

Player: Are you alright?

Herrtff: Please, kill the- the worm wants more, more and more. More until; she has- please. Basement. Worm. Kill!
(End coversation.)

Journal: I have come accross a strange Nord by the name of Herrtff in the middle of Darkmoor. He is naked and raving about a worm. Yet he often switches topics from killing the worm, to helping it. I should talk to him more.

Player:Herrtff, what is the worm.

Herrtff:The worm is a- lovely little-witch! Kill, it free me. Please-I don't mean any harm to the worm. No!

Player: Is the worm in the basement of your home?

Herrtff: Yes! To the east, Gideon like, house. Go, kill worm! Losing my-sadness.

Journal: Herrtff has told me to go to the basement of his house east of here, and kill the worm. I am not sure if this is a trap, or a simple spell given by a creature. I shall have to venture to the basement if I wish to know.

The player ventures to his house which looks like a Gideon house. It is an uproar of Spriggan’s and Wraiths. The head Spriggan holds the key to the basement. The player is to fight his way to the basement where they find an Altmer witch known as, The Worm (TW)
TW: I see, you are here about the spell I cast on the Nord, are you not?
PC: Yes, how did you know?

TW: I have my ways. But I will not be releasing that bastard (can I say that?) anytime soon. He will be stuck in that void between madness and pain, switching between all the time. Oh, how he must feel.

PC: I don’t play nice, so release him or pay.

TW: Never! He broke my heart, so I will break his mind!

PC: How?

TW: Are you dumb or what? He left me! He fell out of love. Said some crap about he had his reasons. I didn’t give him time a chance to explain. He had to suffer.

PC: Why didn’t you kill him.

TW: I still love him, I couldn’t do that! I have morals.

PC: Well then let him free, let him explain.

TW: Your right. I will speak to him at once. But the only way to release him is to kill me. It shall be done.
[end of conversation]

TW will put her ring of fire on, which inflicts a lot of damage to herself. (We will have to use the result script for that.)

The player heads back to Herrtff and he pays him 200 hundred Drakes. He will then move to Gideon but…….
TW: [Her ghost comes up to him and engages him in conversation]. Herrtff, I am so sorry my dear. I was foolish. Please, tell me why you left me.

Herrtff: When I went to Gideon for a month on holidays, I met a nice young Breton. I am sorry, Janet, but we fell in love.

TW: What? You filthy swine! I will lob your head off!

She kills Herrtff and summons a few scamps and Xxillians. After killing her, the marker directs you too Herrtff’s body. There is a note to his new love, Bralin, dictating that he wants her to have his home as he knew he was going to die in the end.

The player takes the note to Bralin and she thanks him for coming to her but she is very distraught.

Quest End.

P.S Note that the parts that sound more happy are that being said by his mad side.

P.S.S The title is a line from Tribunal where a naked Nord stands in the plaza Brindisi Dorom and he says,” Just cause I’m naked and I’m a Nord doesn’t mean I have been cursed by a witch! Plus the opening dialogue is a line spoken by an unseen enemy in F3 when approaching the Capitol Building.

Hope it isn’t to bad.
DD
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
01-29-2011, 03:28 PM,

I like it. It's cute. =)

There is a small coven of witches planned to be developed for Rock Grove and Chasepoint. Rock Grove, particularly, would be a good choice as the architecture falls roughly in line with your ideas.

I think we could also develop a little more in terms of literature on the idea of the worm, what it does and how it operates. It may feature in some guide on the misuses of Bhuru magic. These witches, particularly, may have developed a substantial body of magic together so that the 'worm' is a recognisable spell that is some kind of love curse i.e. she cursed him to have a worm eat away at him should he ever prove unfaithful. As she is a witch, and a somewhat demanding lover, it is his punishment for having once said those very important 'three little words' to her which she might regard as a kind of binding contract never to be broken. Therefore, the worm might well represent that love gone sour...

Edit - I just wrote this up: On the misuses of Bhuru Magic .
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
01-29-2011, 08:34 PM,

Well very good inputs I must say! But yes the idea for the worm came from that and the worm is like a worm digging little holes in the fringe of our minds causing loops that are like sandflukes, so little yet the most annoying or painful.

Scratch that, just read your thread and it's way better.
The future is bulletproof, the aftermath is secondary, it's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, make some noise!
01-30-2011, 12:42 AM,

Cool. Either way, nice little quest. :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
01-30-2011, 12:58 AM,

Cheers
01-30-2011, 10:41 AM,

Hello;
About the coven of witches, I had an idea I am going to use for my manuscript in progress. Their leader (if they have one) can be called the Widow. She is an extremely powerful witch and commands multiple covens and has yet to be seeen by anyone but her second in command. Not even her parents could see her as she had none. She is the manifestation of evil in the hearts of the witches. When she was formed she created a world for herself that consists only of her house and her island filled to the clouds with evil beings. But every 100 years, she leaves her island and ventures into the living world in the form of another human. Her holder is then destroyed and killed once she leaves the body. her reasons for coming are unknown. She harms no one, until now. I loved the idea that she begins killing random males. I think you might see where I am heading with this. Those 'three words"? yes, she was dumped by her lover vampire of who was her reason for coming every century. He told her it had to end as the seperation was too much to bare and she wouldn't compromise by coming more frequently, so, she lobbed his f***ing head off and now seeks her revenge on all unfaithful males. Which, in Tamriel, is quite a bit. If it this is thought to be a good idea, then I can write a quest, or we can turn it into some literature, or both like the title quest. If not, it'll be exclusive to my manuscript.

Cheers and wishes of heath and safety;
DD
01-30-2011, 12:23 PM,

The outline of the quest sounds like a good one.

I'm not quite so sure about the Widow's backstory, as it doesn't really fit with the established lore on witches in Tamriel (the description of the creation of her own world sounds a lot like the daedra Mephala actually - which might be a good idea to hang onto as all the witches serve one of the Daedra), however it would be awesome if that was the backstory she spread for herself among the villagers, to increase their fear of her and her coven.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
01-30-2011, 12:57 PM,

You said that no-one except her second-in-comand's ever saw her, so would it be possible that there is no Widow and the story was fabricated by the SIC's to keep control. They, however, based the idea on the life of one of their most powerfull witches from centuries ago, but she isn't gone from the world yet...

(Dramatic ending explaination, She's undead and working behind the scenes to help/destroy the coven and fulfill her own wishes0
01-30-2011, 02:12 PM,

Well, I just wanted it to get approved before i told you all the details. But SA, I like it better if she is real. It just seems better. Anyway, if IG says yes then we migfht start a new thread or add onto his recent one.
01-30-2011, 09:26 PM,

Aye, the lore can be a bit of a bummer. Anyway, there's scope for witch quests. Bear in mind that Tangleweave Caverns is strongly associated with the witches which suggests that there is a link between them and the tropical spiders / tarantulas. Rumours were, in another member's ideas (can't remember who off the top of my head), that one of the witches keeps a spider that had been transformed from human form. Interestingly enough, this witch was supposed to be the Widow Secunius (see this interior: DMRI0105 "Rock Grove: The Widow Secunius' Home" (Completed) ).

Perhaps the invasion of the Daedra have assisted the development of Bhuru witchcraft...?

I'm liking this. It could certainly go beyond a single questline... :goodjob: