Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modders Anonymous Projects
07-14-2005, 01:41 PM,
Modders Anonymous Projects
In keeping with the "Oblivion: General: System Requirements" comment made by Cenobite I have the name of this thread :lmao:

Here is some screenshots of one of my projects (the exterior of my Indoril Manor Project which I decided to place in Mournhold as mentioned previously.

This is what I get up to when Im awake... usually the whole time Im awake too... :eek:

Oh and as for the credits...

Thanks to Korana for her new Velothi Textures and a special thank you to the unknown artist, crazyboy (who is now known to me), who made that Pegasus Statue Im so fond of! :yes: The rest is all in-game stock.

I only wish something of it could be used in the Silgrad Tower Project... maybe something might, maybe something might not hehe.... Now its back to work on the Vort Ancestral Tomb for me :]

Update: I'll be making a version of it for the Silgrad Tower Project as an add-on, it will be the only release version of it, personally I think players should make their own house mod since they know what they want but I dont mind at all really... =)

Project Stats...
Time Dedicated: 3 days
Days without sleep: none
Any difficulties: not really... but I had to figure out script work
Originality: I think so but for the type of mod.... no
"Quod me nutrit me destruit"
"That which nourishes me destroys me"
07-14-2005, 08:14 PM,

It's sad that Silgrad is so far from Indoril territory Sad
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-14-2005, 09:17 PM,

Very nice work, Sebastien, and I have to agree with Razorwing.

But the Pegasus statue I remember, it's from a very talented modder named crazyboy. I got the same statue on my HD for ages and we used his fruit trees for the monastery and a retextured version of his dragon statue for Steadhelm ... or was it Ebbedin? :hmm: Reich Parkeep? He made some other great stuff as well and I hope I'll be able to retrieve it.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-15-2005, 04:05 AM,

Quentin: Steadhelm is the only town in Silgrad I know of that has a dragon statue in the exterior world; the one that's roped to the ground. I always thought it was a very nice touch.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
07-15-2005, 07:47 AM,

Thank you for the praise... I was thinking of adding a little more to the mod to make it more like a medieval garden (when I get my new baby Im gonna make pretty flowers!). The mod is just the exterior cell (an interior cell in actuality) and a seperate plug-in for my Indoril Manor Mod (this means I can remake the exterior and place it any where in the world without having to fix up alterations made to exterior cells).

The Manor is suited to my purposes but Im happy to render it for Silgrad Tower... meaning: that since its not released whatsoever if anyone desires it, I will make a version for use with the Silgrad Tower Project as an add-on. The same goes with my exterior cells (regional) of my Pegasus Isle mod which is a pretty little thing with supposedly beautiful gardens of flowers and magical forests. Vort Ancestral Tomb is on the top of my list at the moment though.

Will post pics of the Pegasus Isle (as mentioned above but includes a lighthouse, a domed outdoor setting on a mountain, a remote memorial garden and a small isolated island to the north-east), Destiny Isle (features Easter Island Statues and a small forest about the south-eastern parts of the island.. oh and a small beach too) and the Lost Isle (a small icy tower on an island sized to "just" accomodate) projects when circumstances permit.

If any one has a project to talk about, feedback to give or screenshots of your own mod designs please feel free to list them here. Note: if you use any one's work then credit them but ask permission if they have requested it (usually listed in their read me file)... especially if you wish to release a mod including their work!

Thanks!
07-15-2005, 11:05 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Quentin: Steadhelm is the only town in Silgrad I know of that has a dragon statue in the exterior world; the one that's roped to the ground. I always thought it was a very nice touch.

Thanks a lot. So Steadhelm it was. Hehe, I retextured so many things that I forgot where I put them all. And adding those bracers took a few hours until they looked - almost - perfect from every angle.

@Sebastien: I'm looking forward to more pictures. =) And I would appreciate it a lot, if you could make a version of the Manor for Silgrad. But please, take your time. There's no need to rush.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-15-2005, 05:08 PM,

This is beautiful! I wish we could get it as a stand-alone house mod.

Hmmm...I don't see any "trophy" emoticons. This one will have to do:

:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
07-16-2005, 03:21 AM,

Well, I'm not dumber than I can get my head around the idea of an Indoril house in Silgrad - silly to let something like that stand in the way of sterling work. But please find a logical loophole for it though, and you can be quite inventive about that.

Here's an idea; as Silgrad is a kindof city-state that doesn't belong to anyone specifically, it would be quite logical that a representative of House Indoril settled in the area (just like the Telvanni did), either to speak on behalf of their house on the Council (without holding a chair), or just be an embassy where members of House Indoril can turn to if they're in the area. It doesn't have to be very elaborate, it can be solved with some dialogue lines here and there. Then the house would fit perfectly, I think.

There's been some talk about expanding our landmass one cell westward, to make room for Grand Inquisitor's expanded refugee hostal. Personally I think that's a great idea. If we do that, there'd be plenty of room for Sebastien's islands in the new vertical cell row. They'd need to be fresh water islands, i.e. in the middle of a lake or inside a river, as the new area would be a continuation of the mainland. I'd be happy to take on a couple of empty exterior cells in the new row as well, if the idea pans out.

The icy island could be placed westward of Jarnhald, maybe? It'd fit perfectly there, I think.

But a completed Vort first would be very nice, as you guys say. Big Grin
Angel mired in filth
07-16-2005, 05:21 AM,

Hmm ... another idea could be that he is simply a member of House Indoril, who kind of 'stranded' in Silgrad Tower and built himself a home like he would have done at home, a wealthy merchant for example or a homesick rogue, who got rich during his adventures, but can't go home, because he has ... certain issues with the law.

To add a dash of humour, people could think that he is an official person from House Indoril and he - still a rogue - uses the misunderstanding for his personal gain ... to be honest, I like that idea.

Greetings

Quentin
07-20-2005, 07:33 AM,
Textures and the such
Cenobite: Thank you so much for the kind praise!

Hmm, well its all well and good but at the moment Im spending most of my time with scripting for the Vort Ancestral Tomb - Im glad to say that its almost complete!! Currently Im looking at fixing a few things that seem to detract from it... one of the big points Im focusing on is my texture for the wall statics...

Razorwing: I downloaded the reskinner program but have found a path error prevents it from working properly. I have Windows XP Professional 2002 on the machine in question...

The artwork for the textures is complete, Im having broadband installed in my office and Im glad to say that I have a new skin texture for my Moredhel Race Project which Im very pleased with... if only I can get the reskinner program to work *dies*

The Moredhel skin textures are currently lacking glow maps (have to look at that in more detail as to how to proceed); however, they have intricate red markings and sworls that make my fingers itch to get them in the game... soon as the path error problem with the reskinner program is fixed I'll post pics. Ive used the Moredhel skin texture project as a tester for retexturing meshes. If it works properly then I can proceed with my Vort Ancestral Tomb work. I was thinking of maybe using reflection maps so that as the player passes the walls (torch in hand) the runes on the walls catch the light... reflection maps; however, slow things down apparently. Rest assured I dont know how to make such maps :eek: