Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morag Tong
03-01-2007, 11:32 PM,

Its a nice Idea

But their are a few reasons to point out that make this difficult

1) if the player did not join the Morag Tong then Eno Hlaalu is the exalted leader of that faction, thier are no others higher in rank

2) If the player joined the Morag Tong and advanced to become the leader he/she could have done it by
a) killing Eno Hlaalu
b) allowing Eno Hlaalu to retire

This makes for a challange to become the leader cause you don't know which scenerio the player chose.

However, in our scenerio we can follow this same path, move up in the ranks to become the leader of the MT Soluthis Chapter

lets add this to the Quest Development Section and if it is decided to add the MT to Soluthis we will have some ideas in place :goodjob:

Enjoy
Bob

Quote:Originally posted by WhiteWizard
I have an idea for a quest for becoming the leader of the guild/group thing. It is inspired by a short story (I don't remember the name) where a famous hunter gets stranded on an island. He finds that on the island there is a retired Russian General who also loves to hunt. The thin is that the general finds all the animals too easy for him, so he starts to hunt people. So this is my idea:

It starts when you are called to the leaders house to finaly meet him and he starts to talk about hunting, and about how it is to easy for him (he obviously has the scaling turned off Tongue). That is when his guards take you and all your weapons and knock you out. He later comes too you in a prison cell that you are in and challenges you to a duel. You get a small little dagger and one hour head start, and have to try to kill him. It would be cool if you could do stuff like set traps and stuff like that, but I don't know if it is possible.

I don't know if it would be entirely possible, or would fit lore-wise, but its an idea.
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-01-2007, 11:56 PM,

Had to read that book for Literature class this year, it's "The Most Dangerous Game" The russian general is General Zaroff. Forgot the American's name though, it was earlier in the year.
Lol what?
03-02-2007, 12:28 AM,

Thats weird, I just had to read it at the begining of the year too. Right before reading To Kill a Mockingbird.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
03-16-2007, 11:01 PM,

Howdy

Not a whole lot of brainstorming going on Smile me included
Is it decided?
Will their be a Morag Tong in Soluthis ?

I'd like to know, we can start putting together some quest Ideas.

Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-16-2007, 11:57 PM,

what if someone plays Vvardenfell... then joins the Morag Tong there... what happens to them if they try to join Morag Tong in Silgrad?
03-17-2007, 12:17 AM,

going back to the idea of a DB- MT conflict, wouldn't it make sense that if you were in the dark brotherhood, you could launch attacks on the morag tong, and if you were in the morag tong, you could launch attacks on the DB. It would be an inter-guild war, fought covertly, and ending with one side loosing influence in it's home territory (morag tong starts operating in cyrodiil, or DB starts killing in morrowind).

The way to circumvent the ESM problem is to have this as a separate ESP. An addon to Silgrad Tower.
Because silgrad seems resistant to large changes in cyrodiil, having this as an ESP would also make it optional for people to have this. If they don't want the structure of either guild to change, just don't download it. The only problem would be if the silgrad ESM changed (which it's prone to do) So if someone were to undertake this as an ESP, they would periodically need to update it whenever a new version of Silgrad Tower is released.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-23-2007, 04:44 PM,

I have some things here that I want to tell you guys.
Some quests that might be worth to have, if we now will have a MT Guild.
You could start of as a normal assassin, the lowest rank, just to take care of some low-society peopel, as you advance, you get more important people to take care of, not only kill them, you could get a mission to sneak in into the targets house, past his "might be" guards, if he will have any, and set alight the enitre house, but before you do that you wake the person who owns the house, so he/she can escape, just to notice a message outside, on maybe a dead guard that you had to kill that was patroling the back of the house, it will be pinned on the guard with a dagger, and will tell the person to leave town or get killed, and if that person is seen again in the town, he/she will get killed within 6 hours.

This is just some suggestions, and here are more, when you are higher rank, and it is not untill you get higer as you are told about the war between DB and MT. Then it is that both Guilds are rivalising about missions that they get from people, so when you are on the high rank missions, you will encounter a DB assassin somewhere during your mission, and it might be at a very bad time, and then the DB assassin will attack you on sight, that might be very irritating when you might try sneaking past some guards, and then as the guards notice you and the DB assassin, it will be a though mass figth, and if you make it out alive from the fight, you will have to try and finish you mission, even if you now are known to be in the house, so the guards will be alot more watch ful.

And I have a suggestion for how to be the leader of the Guild house, not of the entire guild.

after you have done one of your last missions, you will get aproached by a DB council member and he will offer you truce. And you can't but accept that offer.
Then when you made your (next) last mission, you will get an offer to sleep in the sanctuary, and when you go to bed everything is allright.
When you wake, you will see the same DB councilor standing over you, and laughing to him self, saying that he had you followed to the sancturay, and now he has assambled an Extermination Squad to take care of this sanctuary. But as he tells you this you hear a great fighting breaking out, outside your door, the rest of the Sanctuary has disscoverd the dead guards and are begining to fight the DB members, as the noice reaches you, the Councilor turns around from you, so you stab him in the back, but he doesn't die imidiatly, and says that we can't stop the oncoming storm, the Wrath of Sithis, he calls it, then he dies.
as you and the rest of the sanctuary fights the rest of the DB assassins you come over the Sanctuary leader dead on the floor, with some other MT members, and when you have finaly won, you take a token from him/her, a item that show that you are the Sanctuary leader, and make it your own, as you are the higest member still alive.

after that it can come some more quests, like going out in the city, mostly in the poor quarters and look around for new members to your sanctuary, but you might even find some new members in the high status quarters, and even some of there guards...
So that you can rebuild the sanctuary to atleast half of there previous strength, and you can give some assignments to yourt members to take care of some people that you don't like, or are intefearing with you affairs.

What do you think about this? it is not involving quests over the lands.

and one more thing, where the Sanctuary is going to be?
well, I think that it has to be a underground sanctuary, and why not that you have to enter true a big manor, where a noble is living, and there allready are guards, and that the MT helps the Noble with whatever he wants to be done, and for free, and for that they may stay there, and they help a bit with the guarding of the Manor too.
And in the mission where the sanctuary gets attacked, the MT guards will get killed while the entire Manor and its servants and the Nobles family is just put out with arrows dipped in a sleeping drug.
This becouse no-one would expect a Noble to be involved in such grewsome things as assassinations, or even worse, hiding an entire sanctuary in his own home. And to get to the sanctuary you will have to go true the Manor, to the servants quartes and in to an empty room, with just a bed a table a chair and a wardrobe, and that wardrobe is a hidden door, and behind that door, there is a small room with a hatch down into the ground. this to make the sanctuary and the Manor as two different interior cells.

and one more thing to add, how are you going to be recruted to the MT? why not make it that you get contacted by a man when you are walking the streets in the low society quarters, and he makes you an offer, that you have to do one thing like go out of the city and down to a bandit camp, where you have to kill the leader of the bandits, it is just that when you are geting i to his hut/tent or what it is, he is standing there and waiting for you. He tells you to go to the Manor where the Sanctuary is, and ask the Nobleman to give you a key to the wardrobe, and that you should send his regards, that you are a very well choosen new member of the MT. then you get the key from the Nobleman, and there you are, ready to start alot of new quests for the MT.

what about it?
Finished Claims
Scc0304 | Scc0330 | Scc0330A
Scc0331 | Scc0338 | Scc0347
Scc0363 |
Steadhelm 01 | Steadhelm 02 | Steadhelm 03
Steadhelm 04 | Steadhelm 09 | Steadhelm 10
Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate

Claims under construction
03-24-2007, 05:42 AM,

bob196045: I think it's fairly certain there will be. Just gotta find a guy who's passionate about the guild and their quests and wants to handle the initial setup of it, albeit not every single quest if he/she doesn't want to do all of them. I'll probably do it eventually myself if no-one else does it first, but "eventually" could very well be in six months' time so I hope someone else beats me to it before then. But on the other hand maybe a starter quest would be a better vehicle for getting the Guild's creation off the ground? Smile

Trankintor: Thanks for sharing your ideas.

I don't agree with your views on their base because Morag Tong is a very different institution than the Dark Brotherhood. The Morag Tong operates under the full protection of Morrowind law and they have no reason to hide from anyone, except when carrying out a writ if that is the tactic chosen by the operative. You could walk right into their office in Balmora and talk to them if you wanted, and guards couldn't arrest you if you had a legal writ of execution even if you killed the mark right in front of them in broad daylight. Seeing as Oblivion has such a strong DB presence, highlighting the Morag Tong's differences is a key ingredient in making their quests feel different than those given by the Dark Brotherhood.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
03-24-2007, 08:34 AM,

Well, I don't recall the MT having any office in Balmora, I only remember the office in the city of Vivec, down in locked room in the cellar of one of the cityparts, don't remember which one of them.

But I do recall that the Thives Guild had a place where you just could walk right in, an inn I think it was.
Finished Claims
Scc0304 | Scc0330 | Scc0330A
Scc0331 | Scc0338 | Scc0347
Scc0363 |
Steadhelm 01 | Steadhelm 02 | Steadhelm 03
Steadhelm 04 | Steadhelm 09 | Steadhelm 10
Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate

Claims under construction
03-24-2007, 09:50 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
what if someone plays Vvardenfell... then joins the Morag Tong there... what happens to them if they try to join Morag Tong in Silgrad?

Outside agent perhaps? Different agency branch? ....... ok, too many Nikita shows for me. Big Grin

And Trankintor, MT did have it's presence in Balmora. Maybe not as flashy as the other guilds (well, except the incognito Thieves Guild), but they were there. Near House Hlaalu sign up in that red-lit house if I remember correctly. Smile

Anyone else feels that MT's style would be like something taken from Assassin's Creed game? Except that they present their writs later on, of course.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.