Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morag Tong
04-19-2007, 05:07 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by MarshallR
The way I picture it is that about half the questline would take place normally, to really show the player how the Morag Tong is different than the Dark Brotherhood. Then they would become illegal, and you would have quests built around there struggle with being illegal, (quests dealing with internal strife over buisiness versus honor, bribing officials, regaining power, stuff like that. Perhaps even :o choices over what side you are on.). Near the end of the questline you would travel to Almalexia, and deal with the problem there.

Ok, sounds cool Smile

Say Marshall, are you by any chance interested in administrating the Morag Tong questline?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
04-19-2007, 05:19 PM,

I suppose so, I'll have to see how things are going with Thras first. I've been kind of neglecting my quest writing duties there, I should probably do some of that before I start something new.
This is the end, beautiful friend.
04-19-2007, 05:46 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by MarshallR
I suppose so, I'll have to see how things are going with Thras first. I've been kind of neglecting my quest writing duties there, I should probably do some of that before I start something new.

Yes of course. We'll keep the Morag Tong setup open until you find the time, perhaps it'll still be open then.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
04-19-2007, 08:15 PM,

If you happen to take that job as administrator to the MT questline, I would be glad to take a job helping you with quest idees.
Finished Claims
Scc0304 | Scc0330 | Scc0330A
Scc0331 | Scc0338 | Scc0347
Scc0363 |
Steadhelm 01 | Steadhelm 02 | Steadhelm 03
Steadhelm 04 | Steadhelm 09 | Steadhelm 10
Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate

Claims under construction
04-19-2007, 10:36 PM,

Ok so the MT is gonna be a go ... thats good news Big Grin

Trankintor wants to help with quest ideas :goodjob:

Please post them in the Quest Dev Section Smile

I know many will have some great ideas for these quests, their should be quests other than WRITS, which we didn't see much of in MW, interaction between the MT and the DB, renegade assasins, triators, and other things also should be included, I think before we dabble into the WRIT quests we need to establish a list of expendable NPC's

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-19-2007, 10:54 PM,

That would be nice to see Bob, a nice change of pace intermixed with the interesting "hits" which would form the basis of Morag Tong quests.

Still, I would like to see someone modding their HQ and generally taking care of things related to them before I can take any questline seriously... because I fear it would trickle out into nothingness otherwise. C'mon people, with so many of you interested in Morag Tong someone's gotta be really interested *crosses fingers*
Angel mired in filth
04-20-2007, 12:32 AM,

I'm being a bit cautious here (so no promises!), but what exactly would be required for making the guildhall. Please detail how many NPCs, suggested clutter, references from MW, or anything else you feel useful and neccessary to mod this.

Or, if there's already a claim for this, direct me to it. I'll think about it.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-20-2007, 01:07 AM,

Very True RW

Seniosh: I would say that using the MT Guildhouse's from morrowind as a reference is ok, but they are nothing special, they really wern't any different than any other guilds, traditional to the area they were located and decored no different than that of the MG or FG with exception to the Headquarters in Vivec, thier not hidden, as they are an accepted group

For soluthis a redoran guildhouse exterior probably 2 or 3 levels, and an area for an alter dedicated to Mephala. this should do nicely.

And then of course you can get fancy from their Wink

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-20-2007, 02:15 AM,

No problem Seniosh, we should probably iron out those details in any case whether you ultimately decide to pick it up or not. But I have a feeling you'd do a great job on it, so I hope you do, but I'd understand if you decided you wanted to do something else =)

I agree with Bob that their guildhalls weren't wildly different from normal guildhalls. They seemed to like darkness a lot though, so that would probably be a good thing to keep. Perhaps because they work mostly at night and don't want to loose their nightvision? Just a theory from me. The soft red glow emanating from lanterns in Balmora's guildhall was pretty cool I thought, the first time I saw it I realized I had stepped into a special location. But there wasn't much evil influences in their guildhalls like there was in the Dark Brotherhood. They used normal everyday clutter in TES3.

As far as models go their armor was the only distinctive feature I could find, they didn't have any other special stuff. I think we could definitely kick it up a notch though. Perhaps a special banner with the symbol of their guild? I included a version of the symbol if anyone wants to check it out. I'm not a texturer, but I'm 100% sure I can turn that symbol into a 3d shape which we could use for something... perhaps on a special blade they would normally use for their assassinations?

There were only just over two dozen Morag Tong members in all of TES3. There were six in Balmora's guildhall, so that could be a good number to strive for I think, but it should fluctuate depending on what's needed. If only four are needed there's nothing wrong with that either I think.

There isn't a printed claim for the guildhall but I posted a layout (in esp form) further up that fits a Redoran Guild building. I think that layout should be used, due to the building's shape. If the modder only wants three levels (which is perfectly ok) the small fourth level could just be used for storage. Although I did think the fourth level would make a perfect office for the leader.

[attachment=7970]MoragTongSymbol.7z[/attachment]
Angel mired in filth
04-20-2007, 03:04 AM,

Hmm sounds interesting. I'll think a bit more about it, but it's 10:30 over here, and i don't have a CS this weekend. Would you want the guildmembers to live in the guildhall or should they have separate houses. If i decide to do the guildhall (which i'll probably end up doing) i don't mind doing 4 houses for guys who are part of the MT, but don't sleep there.

Any quest setups i'd have to work in? Locked rooms, expendable people, secret chests, ect. Or i guess the guys doing the quests will work those in.

I'll think about claiming it, but i'm 97% sure i'll take it. I just can't work on it this weekend
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!