Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morrowind into Oblivion
08-05-2007, 01:23 AM,

Thanks for the offer Galadrielle but we chose a long time ago to go a different route, one which I think is better for our team in the long run for several reasons. I wish you good luck on your utility though.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-05-2007, 04:29 PM,

J'ai lu votre 'topic' et les reactions de cette programma pour vvardefell. Les textures des b?timents sont belles, mais je crois que vous avez trouv? cettes textures dans un autre mod. Les textures de la terre sont aussi belles.
Les models de troisi?me dimension (NIF) sont les m?mes de morrowind. Je pense que les t?tes (faces) de ces models sont trop peu pour ?tre compitable avec les standards des models d'oblivion vanilla.
Est-ce sue vous avez un 'height map'? pour morrowind. Il y aussi un ?diteur pour les regions, mais vous devriez faire cettes regions avec les mains. Je ne sais pas un solutions pour les ?clairs ou tempeste de 'cendre.
Les NPC's ne sont pas corrects parce que je pense qu' ils portent les m?mes vetiments.
Les NPC's de morrowind ont aussi (plus) des competences comme sans cuirasse ou charmer une arme. Echanger ces NPC's ne sera pas facile, mais je crois le programme TESPort a trouv? un solution pour les NPC's. Cette programma a aussi un heightmap (carte d'hauteur) convertir fonction.
Je ne voyais pas la terre distante/lointante dans ces images. Ca est un peu dommage pour moi. Mais mon experience dit ce que n'est ne pas facile pour cr?er la terre distante et aussi avec les b?timents distants. Je ne sais pas la situation avec des arbres. Les batiments distants ont besoin d'un NIF ou une texture pour ?tre vu.

La fran?ais n'est pas ma langue maternelle. Ca est le n?erlandais, mais ma langue seconde (appris). J'ai employee un dictionaire anglais-fran?ais.

Translation: I've read your topic and the reactions of this porgram for Vvardenfell. The textures for the buldings are nice, but I think you have found those textures some where else. The ground textures are also nice.
The third model files are the same for MW. I think that the face count is too low to meet the standards of oblivion.
Do you have a height map for morrowind? There is also a region editor, but you should make those regions by yourself manually. I don't know how you can solve the ash storms.
The NPC's of morrowind aren't correct because I think that they wear the same clothes (especially that ordinator).
The NPC's of morrowind does have (more) other skills like unarmored or enchant weapon. Converting those NPC's wont be easy, but I believe there is a program called TESPort has found a sloution for those NPC's. That program has also a convert heightmap function.
I don't see distant land when I look to your screens, which is too bad for me. However, my experience says that isn't easy to create distant land and also with distant buildings. I don't know the situation with trees. The distant buildings do need a special NIF-file or textures for to be seen.

Teh french language isn't my mother language. That's dutch, but my second one (learned). I've used a english-french dictionary.
08-05-2007, 04:47 PM,

If I don't remember to wrong anything made with the CS(es) is property of Beth. And presuming the program edits the ESPs it might be illegal(depends on the user agreements, and copyright.). Not that Beths going to do anything about it if it doesn't touch their asset.
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
08-05-2007, 05:45 PM,
RE: Morrowind into Oblivion
That's very interesting to see Galadrielle. What types of TES3 records does your program convert to TES4 altogether?

The reason I disabled STAT placement in TESPort (my stupid ISP website is down again atm) was because of the legal issue distributing TES3 meshes in any form, even if they're converted to another format. Else we'd have had a fully scaled up and automatically placed version of Vvardenfell a long time ago. The main thing that stopped me re-enabling it was the lack of a batch mode NIF convertor; at least with that it would be legal for personal use.

I've also seen an excellent conversion done on Shivering Isles for TES3 by another modder, using TEStroi (which converts the land, retextured with NPCs and placed buildings, trees, sound etc). But again that cannot be distributed and I'm not sure they're up for showing the screenshots yet, publicly anyway.

But you're saying you have written an automatic mesh converter too? That's a very much sought after program, especially for people wanting to port their own mods to TES4 with their own meshes. The current ones I've seen don't have batch modes.

Tres bien et bon chance. Smile

Lightwave
08-06-2007, 08:00 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Thanks for the offer Galadrielle but we chose a long time ago to go a different route, one which I think is better for our team in the long run for several reasons. I wish you good luck on your utility though.
Thanx, ok, I understand. I have just made this prog for fun and my personal use, then I though it could help some modders to convert old mods or reuse Morro mods into Oblivion. Wink
Quote:je crois que vous avez trouv? cettes textures dans un autre mod
En effet j'utilise le pack Vibrant Morrowind
Quote:Est-ce sue vous avez un 'height map'? pour Morrowind. Il y aussi un ?diteur pour les regions, mais vous devriez faire cettes regions avec les mains. Je ne sais pas un solutions pour les ?clairs ou tempeste de 'cendre.
My program converts entire landmass from Morro ESP/ESM, as well as Regions, Morrowind weather and ambient sounds are converted and work well (except specific weather like ash storms)
Quote:Les NPC's ne sont pas corrects parce que je pense qu' ils portent les m?mes vetiments.
NPC conversion is still under development and at a very early development stage, only female faces have been converted, no dialogs or clothes at this time.
Quote:La fran?ais n'est pas ma langue maternelle. Ca est le n?erlandais, mais ma langue seconde (appris). J'ai employee un dictionaire anglais-fran?ais.
Your french is good, not perfect but easy to understand, well done :goodjob:
08-06-2007, 09:07 AM,
RE: Morrowind into Oblivion
Quote:Originally posted by Lightwave
That's very interesting to see Galadrielle. What types of TES3 records does your program convert to TES4 altogether?
STAT, ACTI, DOOR, LTEX, REGN, CONT, LAND, CELL, sorry I don't remember all records my program can convert Wink
08-06-2007, 07:23 PM,

There's some overlap between TESPort and ESP Converter obviously. I haven't worked on TESPort since February - TESAnnwyn, TEStroi, TES4qLOD, TES4scale and projects like this got in the way. But our approach is slightly different.

My approach, knowing the legal issue involved with meshes, was to substitute items like armour, clothing, weapons, with TES4's equivalents, and use lookup files to swap NPC class data with TES4's closest ones. Likewise all of Morrowind/Bloodmoon's textures are swapped for TES4's versions. With this, no TES3 meshes are re-used in TES4.

Your approach is to convert each record to the new format and re-use the same assets in TES3 which also has merits, depending on the case. It's faster to get a TES3 mod looking very authentic in TES4, though with older style models. For entirely user created mods, your approach is perfect, because any new races and classes and user created meshes are moved over. But for porting a mod to TES4 which uses a lot of stuff from Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon, the modder has to be more careful. I didn't want to get banned from Beth's official forums with any of my programs. Wink

We've done many of the same things, with a few differences. From what I remember, TESPort does:

CELL, LAND (VCLR, VTEX conversion), NPCs (and swaps their common inventory with Oblivion's), ACHR, BOOK, GLOB and QUST. I disabled STAT and ACTI and REFR placement.

I'm very impressed that you've written an automated mesh converter too though, this is something I'd only started to look at and now I don't need to. Smile Have you looked at writing a TES4->TES3 converter too? Believe it or not, I know a few people would be very interested in that functionality, for their private use of course ...

Anyway, keep up the good work. Smile

Lightwave
08-07-2007, 01:25 PM,

Your approach is to convert each record to the new format and re-use the same assets in TES3 which also has merits, depending on the case. It's faster to get a TES3 mod looking very authentic in TES4, though with older style models. For entirely user created mods, your approach is perfect, because any new races and classes and user created meshes are moved over. But for porting a mod to TES4 which uses a lot of stuff from Morrowind/Tribunal/Bloodmoon, the modder has to be more careful. I didn't want to get banned from Beth's official forums with any of my programs. Wink
My approach is to convert data directly from the mod user's Morrowind directory to its Oblivion directory, but it suppose that he/she has bought the 2 games of course. The mod archive have no assets from TES3 (what I understand when Bethesda says "a mod using TES3 assets" is putting TES3 assets into the mod archive, of course it's illegal), because they will be converted during the mod installation. For me directly converting TES3 data to TES4 on the mod user's computer is not illegal from my point of view because converted data stay on its computer and is not distributed. Smile

Quote:I'm very impressed that you've written an automated mesh converter too though, this is something I'd only started to look at and now I don't need to. Smile
In fact I started to write the NIF converter program some months ago. Then I began to write the ESP converter since the beginning of July.

Quote:Have you looked at writing a TES4->TES3 converter too?
Not for the moment, but it could be done later. Wink
08-08-2007, 04:45 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Galadrielle
Have you looked at writing a TES4->TES3 converter too?
Not for the moment, but it could be done later. Wink

I would be very interested in a TES4-> TES3 (batch) Nif converter. Its such a huge job doing them one by one...it would be awesome if you could make this. Very nice work on the program btw, it is very cool what you've done. :goodjob:

This program is totally legal btw, as Galadrielle is not distributing any resources from any games. If its all for personal use, then its 100% ok, and there are of course very legit uses, such as converting user made models/mods.

I've also seen an excellent conversion done on Shivering Isles for TES3 by another modder, using TEStroi (which converts the land, retextured with NPCs and placed buildings, trees, sound etc). But again that cannot be distributed and I'm not sure they're up for showing the screenshots yet, publicly anyway.
Well I have shown them in a few places, so I may as well show them here, its not like I'm releasing it. I had to use my own (basic) trees, and some retextured BC trees, as the Speedtree wouldn't convert, though I know its possible, I just can't get the Speedtree-3dsmax plugin to work. All thats missing is grass, and the architecture that I haven't yet converted. Having a batch .nif conversion would make this awesome.

Mania: 1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7
Dementia: 1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7
08-12-2007, 02:56 PM,

/disregard that