Poll: Do you play Oblivion or Morrowind?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Morrowind
0%
0 0%
Oblivion
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morrowind
02-06-2007, 04:51 PM,

Quote:I was just afraid that if no one posted for awhile that it mould be closed
Don't worry, it won't get closed Wink.

It would only be closed if it were breaking forum rules- and it's not. Big Grin
02-06-2007, 06:46 PM,

Morrowind has it's lovely, dark-elvish atmosphere. It's impressive game, I stood once with a choice - install Baldurs Gate 2 first or Morrowind? I decided M and haven't played BG2 yet. Smile I have Morrowind at my Xbox, and although visuals are obviously not as good as compared to the PC version - still playing this game is fun.
I can't agree with several points here though.
Oblivion has it's own atmosphere, which is also beatiful. It's not that M has better mood than O - both games have different atmospheres, that's all.
Moreover, if you wanted to play stealth or archery in M - it's hard, especially when you are untrained (I curse when I can't sometimes hit a rat that has been in close distance, even with quite much skill). Oblivion has it better made. And killing someone with deadly strike of arrow from shadows of a corner - that is what I love in O.
Guiding to a quest place in M is also frustrating sometimes - go north from the road fork, when you reach the lake, turn left, the [xxxxxx] will be there at other side of [xxxx]. I had to sometimes search internet for a map that would show me where the hell is the area that I am to get to. Frequently, the area is "slightly" differently placed than I thought (or maybe I am stupid and apparently I cannot read properly). In O it was nice touch with the leading green dot at compass and at a map, it is little overused, but it saved me searching for hours the destination's location.
Static NPC's in M - I don't have to discuss it here, do I? Wink
I was not to bring down M. I just feel that the games are different, each have it's pros and cons.

I play both. Wink
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
02-10-2007, 06:29 AM,

A_flyboy thinks MMM guars are inadequate.

*hides under a rock*
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
final reclaimer: woohoo MC teabag time
Quote:Arbiter
Hmm.... the Guar Chief speaks of epic en devour. Big Grin
02-10-2007, 02:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by mirrored
I was not to bring down M. I just feel that the games are different, each have it's pros and cons.
Exactly. Oblivion had the graphics and physics, Morrowind had the story, atmosphere and originality. They're quite different game to each other, and no matter how annoying MW combat or Oblivion's story can be, they're both amazing games. In my opinion. Smile
02-10-2007, 09:00 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dave_91
They're quite different game to each other, and no matter how annoying MW combat or Oblivion's story can annoy you, they're both amazing games.
Amen brother. :goodjob:
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
02-14-2007, 05:42 PM,

Thank You,

I would just like to say thankyou for posting ang keeping this thread alive. I just love to hear others opinions of diffrent games.

Thank you,
Ammon
[1ST]A[/1ST]mmon the Wiseman
This is the place to keep up with my work.
[TITLE]|Black Marsh Modeler|[/TITLE]
02-14-2007, 06:31 PM,

TES Is the best game in the world.... Oblivion looks real cool and The fact that you get horses and houses on there is cool.... but all the ideas they have put into thast game I have been trying to mod for TES3.... So yeah its like the ideas they got i got.... There just better designers..... But I will stick with TES3.
"Play all day and night but dont play all the time" By Beanster562003

Self proclaimed philosopher
02-15-2007, 03:06 AM,

hey whats the name of that mw mod?
does it work like everythingvwd from obliv or like vanilla?
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
final reclaimer: woohoo MC teabag time
Quote:Arbiter
Hmm.... the Guar Chief speaks of epic en devour. Big Grin