Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Hated Monster
02-26-2007, 04:53 PM,
Most Hated Monster
Which enemy is your least favorite in Oblivion?

I'll go first:

Trolls
Dread Zombies

I hate enemies that recover health over time. It just ain't fair. ;( And I end up with equipment down to 50% pretty much after every one of those fights... >(

Not that I can't handle them, they're just a nuissance.
02-26-2007, 06:27 PM,

I don't mind trolls that much, nothing a fireball/blade can't fix, but I agree on those Dread zombies. Add Willow wisps and Clannfears to that list too. Nothing is more frustratiing then a Clannfear for a stealthy character Tongue
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
02-26-2007, 06:51 PM,

I made a sword and bow that kill most things in one go (by most things I mean NPC's), no cheating, just my own special arrangement of enachantments so that they sap resistance and then attack. I have to say though that getting the necessary materials for the sword and bow was more fun than making it Big Grin

No enemy can stand in my way Cool
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
02-26-2007, 07:10 PM,

Clannfears because they have that nasty habit of charging you when you aren't looking, willow-o-wisps because my first char sucked when it came to magic, and spider daedra because the little spider they summon are just annoying.

All of this is from the experience I had with my first character. I used stealth and a bow and was able to kill most things with one or two shots when sneaking, but some things were still just annoying to fight. Later I enchanted my armor to give me 100% chameleon when combined so I was pretty much invincible. Big Grin
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
02-26-2007, 08:05 PM,

Willow the Wisps are easy enough, just keep hacking at 'em. Same thing with Clannfears. Tongue
02-26-2007, 08:40 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
Willow the Wisps are easy enough, just keep hacking at 'em.
Well you can't hack 'em with a bow. Big Grin

Clannfears are easy to kill, but I just hate it when they smash into you from behind or before you get a chance to draw your bow.
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
02-26-2007, 08:52 PM,

I hate just about everything you find in forests, why? Because my Oblivion crashes 90% of the time Havok jumps in, so when Havok's ragdoll physics turn on, the next frame I see is usually my desktop...
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
02-26-2007, 09:30 PM,

I hate bears

They are like moving impenetrable fortesses. They whale the crap out of me.
02-26-2007, 09:43 PM,

Wraith Lords!!! Im like lv35, so they have kept leveling, while my blade skill stays at 100. It ends up with it having so much health its not even funny, and it wouldnt be so bad if wraiths werent so boring to fight
02-27-2007, 01:39 AM,
RE: Most Hated Monster
I must say rats... just cause its weird to have rats attack you...
in life only rats that could come close to attacking were gian triver-rats, and they were more big-n-dirty than vicious

Quote:Originally posted by TheImperialDragon
I hate enemies that recover health over time. It just ain't fair.
what about enemies that recover lives over time?

I hate the Adoring Fan, I try to kill him but he is like non-violence...
Gandhi was right, eventually you just don't even bother to hurt 'em, you just give up on it