Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murkwood Concept art
04-29-2008, 02:05 PM,

Ah so nice Ricky as always :goodjob:
04-29-2008, 02:37 PM,

Cheers Senten,

I need to know if this is too big?

I see the outside wall the same circumfrance as the imperial city, but much taller. I will go on the game now and see if i think it needs to be this big...
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Concept artist, 3D modeller.

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
Working On= Currently training and improving my 3D skills and seeking a career!
04-29-2008, 02:50 PM,

Hm,i dont know.Maybe a bit big but i dont know really.So cool :goodjob:
04-29-2008, 03:05 PM,

On TES4 now and imperial city outer wall is too big... I will draw a scale in comparison with an above view of imperial city...

Right. Scale this tree city on Green Emperors Way. The Imperial Palace is right width for the central tree, the outer wall of green emperors way is right for the INSIDE of the outwe tree wall.

[Image: c290d008.jpg]

this imperial city cell is quite big, wouldnt fit many houses, but The Argonian Tree City will build upwards! Big Grin
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-29-2008, 05:42 PM,

As always,perfect work Big Grin
04-29-2008, 06:14 PM,

First when I saw the concepts, I thought that its hell too big, but the Argonians will build their city upwards so the green emperors way is fine for the size(maybe few floors and stairways going up).
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!
04-29-2008, 06:21 PM,

Hegemege- I thought 1 main entrance, then inside a circular starcase around the edge, and the circular are in the middle open so you can see right up or down. The palace or whatever Argonains may call it, at the top. and many doors leading to the houses built on the outside of the tree which are built between these large buttresses. These houses then have external doors too leading out to wooden platforms, rope bridges etc. Bridges also lead across the gap to more homes and shops around the inside of the outer wall.

I will do some art now...
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-29-2008, 06:30 PM,

First I thought about the giant mushroom in Ald Ruhn: there were quite many bridges and shops etc. on floor... Murkwood is just 10 times bigger.

The roots are big, right? So making very large tunnels in to some big trees would be nice.

Are the shops included in to some part of the city(shopping centre inside a tree?) or dropped randomly everywhere?
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!
04-29-2008, 06:46 PM,

Maybe the shops are all in one area hanging in the trees. I see giant vines hanging from the mist above and weaver-bird looking houses attached to them and linked to the rest of the structures using simple rope bridges.

I thought rope ladders would be good but they dont look good when NPCs dissapear at the base of them and reappear at the top, so i say stick with suspended platforms and bridges.

I will do more drawings...
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4
04-29-2008, 10:18 PM,

Right here we go, a detailed version. Note the weaver-bird designed shops hanging from the vines on the right. A small dock area at the bottom to get around the swamp to the various fish farms.

Mushroom farms can be on the outer wall where several species can be found in large clumps. Maybe have Argonians tending to these? Or they are not pickable but you buy them from the Argonian mushroom farmer.

[Image: 1b13d5b9.jpg]

After sunset the glow-shrooms kick in (On same script as campfires)
[Image: f6d8115f.jpg]
-------------------
Rickious
AKA Richard Howard

Modder prefix= RH
3Dapp= Rhino
2Dapp= Corel Photopaint
Moddng= TES4