Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music
02-08-2006, 08:09 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by kalikut
Even with the extra noise, most of those sounds probably aren't going to be noticed inside the game.

Yeah, good point. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by horodnicdragos
What program did you use? Cubase? ?(

Sonar and Gigastudio.
Music for Silgrad Tower: Oblivion by Anaglyph
02-09-2006, 03:17 AM,

Quote:Trouble is, a lot of it isn't exact repitition. Not sure looping what can be looped would make much of a difference. Still, it might help a little. Just have to figure out how to do looping in Sonar. heh

Hmm, I don't think I used the right words. Im not talking about making new loops, you wouldn't have to change the song at all, you just chop it up into a few files. You said that the quality issues are because of how many wav files are playing at once, right? I was saying take those files and compile them in parts. Something like taking the backround strings and turning those into a single .wav, then taking the choir and harp and make those into another .wav, ect. Putting the final pieces together shouldn't cause any problems since you would only be dealing with 3-5 .wavs. I hope im making sense. ?(
02-09-2006, 06:07 AM,

Quote:Sonar and Gigastudio.

Oh my god how many programs like this are there? Big Grin
If you can't get someone out of your head maybe they're supposed to be there.
02-09-2006, 10:29 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Caligula Superfly
Hmm, I don't think I used the right words...

Ah, right. I see what you mean. Good idea. That should help a bit. Although I did notice that the high strings were quite distorted just played as single wavs. I had a PSU blow recently - started wondering whether it caused a little damage to my sound card. More likely its just my incompetence though - so many options for dithering, bit rate conversion etc. Anyway, I'll give your suggestion a try.

Quote:Originally posted by horodnicdragos
Oh my god how many programs like this are there? Big Grin

Quite a few. heh At least, there are a lot of sequencers out there; not so many software samplers.
Music for Silgrad Tower: Oblivion by Anaglyph