Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music
10-04-2005, 10:56 PM,

Excellent and it definitely is creepy.

Hehe, half of my chinchillas jumped in their cage when the horns kicked in ... and they're not easily scared.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
10-09-2005, 09:57 PM,

Ok, finished the rough version of the main theme now. It might be a bit over-the-top towards the end when the choir comes in. heh I'm going to put it aside for a while and get to work on some horror and battle music, so I can come back to it with fresh ears and hear what needs to be done.
Music for Silgrad Tower: Oblivion by Anaglyph
10-09-2005, 10:25 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Anaglyph
Ok, finished the rough version of the main theme now. It might be a bit over-the-top towards the end when the choir comes in. heh I'm going to put it aside for a while and get to work on some horror and battle music, so I can come back to it with fresh ears and hear what needs to be done.

Excellent! :goodjob: I don't think the choir stands out in a negative way, you wove it in quite nicely I think.

I noticed the tempo drops and changes suddenly at around 1:17. I very much like both the first and second passage, but to me personally the abrupt change kindof makes it feel like it's two separate pieces. The second passage, between 1:17 and about 2:57, has a great ambience to it and is soothing to listen to. I think it would make for excellent exploration music, with it being interesting without being distracting. What do you think?

In either case, great work man, this is going to be awesome! Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-09-2005, 10:35 PM,

Yeah, I had trouble with the transitions from A to B and back again. Big Grin

Cut out the middle section and use it as a seperate exploration piece, you mean? Was considering that... I'll have a think. It's only about a minute long so it could probably do with extending.
10-09-2005, 10:41 PM,

Anaglyph: Cool that we were thinking alike on that. Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
10-09-2005, 11:06 PM,

1 question are you using adobe audition if so just take the last part of the wave and stretch it and see how that would sound

Maybey that would help with the song being stiched in mw
10-09-2005, 11:41 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by xchaosdragon666x
... just take the last part of the wave and stretch it...

Were you referring to the bit about extending it? I just meant writing a longer piece. Smile But yeah, I'm using Adobe Audition, or to be more accurate Cool Edit Pro from before it got rebranded.
10-09-2005, 11:49 PM,

There's a lot to be said for older programs. I'm still using Paintshop 7 for example, sure it can't do everything but it's pretty sweet that it starts in two seconds whenever I need it... which is quite often. Smile
Angel mired in filth
10-10-2005, 12:18 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Anaglyph
... just take the last part of the wave and stretch it...

Were you referring to the bit about extending it? I just meant writing a longer piece. Smile But yeah, I'm using Adobe Audition, or to be more accurate Cool Edit Pro from before it got rebranded.

Been forever since i used it but after all the peices are combined you right click it and select view wav where you can edit every lil bit of the actualy wav

sry if thats just confusing been about a year since i last used it
and thanks forgot what audition was before it was consumed by adobe
10-10-2005, 04:02 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
There's a lot to be said for older programs. I'm still using Paintshop 7 for example, sure it can't do everything but it's pretty sweet that it starts in two seconds whenever I need it... which is quite often. Smile

Not to mention it saves money. Big Grin

Been forever since i used it but after all the peices are combined you right click it and select view wav where you can edit every lil bit of the actualy wav...

Ah, right, I get you. I do all that stuff in Sonar - very easy to cut and paste stuff. Only need to use Cool Edit to convert the wav file produced by the sequencer into an mp3, plus do a bit of normalizing.