Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Musical Tastes
09-25-2007, 09:53 PM,
Musical Tastes
Here's a place for us all to discuss/argue over musical taste.

You don't have to agree with people's oppinions, you can vocally disagree with them, but you have to be respectful.

If you haven't got anything to say regarding your reason for slamming someone's taste, don't bother, it'll just be deleted.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
09-25-2007, 11:17 PM,

Never even heard of these bands you all are talking about. =)

How bout led zepplin, aerosmith, Lynrd Skynrd, black crowes, just to name a few.
It takes guys as simple as the Dude and Walter to make a story this complicated... and they'd really rather be bowling.
09-25-2007, 11:19 PM,

Zeppelin, I like them as much as any The Who fan can, Gotta give Page his credit.Aerosmith... Its good old fashioned rock and roll, what more can I say?

How about some Ronnie James Dio?

Or Paul Weller?
09-25-2007, 11:37 PM,

Not my stuff Tongue
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
09-25-2007, 11:53 PM,

I find it difficult to listen to bands like Evanescence because they;ve never convinced me of their sincerity with their songs, they don't seem to have grown as lyricists, melodramatic or simple first albums are always acceptable, but you need to learn to use your art beyond what an angsty art student can turn out. They sold their soul to production, using it over talent to get into the game before they should have.

Let's put it this way, The Rolling Stone played over 365 club shows in '64, the Beatles played in the clubs almost every day in hamburg from '58 till they were kicked out, performing is the only way to refine your craft, just making an album, signing a record deal, and doing highly managed, controled stadium shows isn't the path towards evolving as an artist into a person of substance. Its hard with the live music market these days, but you've got to invest the time if you want to be a legend.
09-26-2007, 12:04 AM,

I personally don't care about the band at all. To me it's all about the music. Is it good? then who cares who plays it. I agree however with time comes skill.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
09-26-2007, 12:15 AM,

Well I was actualy trying to illustrate WHY the music isn't up to snuff, there's nothing in vocal distortion and poorly written lyrics and musical composition with a good deal of potential, but just that, potential.
09-26-2007, 01:24 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Mormacil
I personally don't care about the band at all. To me it's all about the music. Is it good? then who cares who plays it. I agree however with time comes skill.

It's not all about the music, when i hear some guy sing a Bob Marley song, it's just not gonna be the same, the song just won't be as enjoyable.
Akavir mod leader.
09-26-2007, 01:27 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Kodama
Quote:Originally posted by Mormacil

It's not all about the music, when I hear some guy sing a Bob Marley song, it's just not gonna be the same, the song just won't be as enjoyable.

QFT.

That's why I do discographies, not CDs, because i like to follow an artists career and life, it adds so much substance to the music.

although Kodama, I saw Ziggy Marley do Rastaman Vibration, and that was pretty cool!
09-26-2007, 01:39 AM,

personally i like any music thats easy to sing to, but i can't stand rap or country. my fave bands are good charlotte and queen
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?