Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naga Concepting
04-17-2006, 03:45 AM,
Naga Concepting
A few quick sketches of my take on the naga.
[Image: nagaconcept10yb.th.jpg]
04-17-2006, 12:25 PM,

not bad.... not what I was thinking, but my art isn't done, so meanwhile lets discuss yours...

[title]Puffy...but how?[/title]
so getting puffier when angry, to intimidate.... you wanted it in the back of the head and on the back....
I was thinking more along the lines of the neck getting big like a frog when they make sounds. Their neck and the throat becomes puffed up...
also originally I thought of making the puffed up power similar to berserk on orcs... I have changed my mind, I think it should be a Fortify Attack 20 and a Demoralize Humanoid/Creature 70
since the whole point is that the Naga is getting REAL pissed off....
[title]Scales versus slimy skin[/title]
considering it lives in a swamp, I'd think that it would have brown on the underbelly but black scales on top. The scales would serve to protect from minor dangers from above as well as make the Naga camoflauge more. I think the bottom would be wrinkly and slick like a salamander which makes the Naga tough to catch since he is slippery....
of course we need to consider that the naga is also larger than an Argonian, and often they don't use weapons when waylaying caravans, they simply use strength and if needed, numbers of Naga
[title]Noises?[/title]
Your concept art had an alternative, they make noises.... well I was thinking if they do, they should make low threatening noises.... so maybe like a horn of a parasauralophus... cause that is good for making noises as it is hollow within....
maybe the chief has a horn, he can make a bi call and gather his clan together

[/hr]

that's all I have to say.... just a few comments and observations...
04-17-2006, 06:43 PM,

I was thinking more along the lines of a cobra and the skin it flaps out. Plus, an inflating neck just doesn't seem vicious enough. And how could it bite with a huge neck in the way?
04-17-2006, 07:58 PM,

well, its more intimidation, but if you aren't into the frog idea then we'll go with cobra
05-05-2006, 09:59 PM,

Nice concepts! Especially the head looks just right!
Maybe the males could have puffs for intimidation and attraction, and females are without puffs? Like many realworld animals... (If there are genders? I don?t know anything about them so plz excuse my uneducatedness (is that a word?))

Also don?t Nagas (in some fantasy) have like 4-6 arms and no legs? Or am I confusing it with something else?
Skyrim for Oblivion Music
(last update: December 11 -06) (Nothing is final)...
All comments, suggestions and criticism is welcome!!
05-12-2006, 11:40 AM,

I don't like the back puff. What about something like a frill neck lizard that coiuld be described as puffed
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
05-12-2006, 09:08 PM,

Maybe we could make it similar to this:
[Image: frilled-lizard500.jpg]
05-12-2006, 11:13 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by -Sulan-
Nice concepts! Especially the head looks just right!
Maybe the males could have puffs for intimidation and attraction, and females are without puffs? Like many realworld animals... (If there are genders? I don?t know anything about them so plz excuse my uneducatedness (is that a word?))

Also don?t Nagas (in some fantasy) have like 4-6 arms and no legs? Or am I confusing it with something else?

sounds good... also my concept of the Naga looks more like its legs are supporting a more serpentine body... umm.... when I am done you can see it... I've been real busy

Quote:Originally posted by Remux Dreadfire
I don't like the back puff. What about something like a frill neck lizard that coiuld be described as puffed
well I dunno, I actually think it would be more real if we kept it to a puff, not a frill, since they would say frill if it was frill.... but sources consistently say puff... so makes me think of animals that puff up, like some frogs and snakes to intimidate...
05-13-2006, 12:46 AM,

Yeah but I reckon maybe we could put the frill that is always there but puffsup to get bigger
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
05-13-2006, 01:59 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Remux Dreadfire
Yeah but I reckon maybe we could put the frill that is always there but puffsup to get bigger
well I like the frill idea, but don't forget they puff up!

so if males have frills, then what do female have? nothing? aww comon, if the males have frills on their neck....
maybe females get a frill thin on the back of their necks? I dunno...
we don't want to totally alter them we just want to subtley make good changes and add-ons...

Argonians have more of then horns and frill stuff... Nagas don't have as much of that