Poll: What should the 'Foggy Bog' region be renamed to?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Reaven Fenlands
0%
0 0%
Leatherleaf Sump
0%
0 0%
Gloaming Shallows
0%
0 0%
Starklands
0%
0 0%
Shadewood Thicket
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naming our foggy bog
10-03-2010, 11:56 PM,
Naming our foggy bog
Here are the options for the renaming of Foggy Bog. Great work by Xae on the name suggestions. I really like Shadewood Thicket although I probably like it so much that I think it may be best employed as a dungeon name of some sort. I haven't voted on this yet though. I'm finding it quite a tough choice....

...if anyone has any alternatives, feel free to suggest them.

Edit - The results appear to indicate favour of 'Reaven Fenlands' with extra additional points on adding a 'Foggy Bog Inn' at Riverbridge and a murky cave by the name of 'Gloaming Shallows'.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-03-2010, 11:59 PM,
RE: Naming our foggy bog
"Shadewood Thicket" doesn't say "wet" to me - feels drier. Good name, though: use it somewhere.

EDIT: BTW - Ibsen, I did vote.
Morcroft Darkes
10-04-2010, 12:06 AM,

Come to think of it, our mangrove region may need renaming. I never really liked 'Sisiha Mangroves'. I'm assuming it's not derived from lore and is therefore changeable...?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
10-04-2010, 12:34 AM,

I think that we should name some establishment the Foggy Bog Inn. It's got a humorous ring to it and it sounds like a place to got get drunk and smoke pot.

I agree with morcroft that Shadewood Thicket doesn't imply wet as much as ghostly. Changing "Thicket" to something else would mess up the aesthetics, though, so if you really like the name it could well be used somewhere else.

Edit: Now that I think of it, my vote goes to Reaven Fenlands. Gloaming Shallows sounds like a particular place inside the chunk, like an old burial ground connected to one of the storylines.

Edit 2: You should add one or a few of those pictures to the OP so people know what they're naming.
10-04-2010, 02:14 AM,

I like Reaven Fenlands.

KP
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
10-04-2010, 07:10 AM,

One side-vote here in favour of the "Foggy Bog Inn"
Morcroft Darkes
10-04-2010, 01:55 PM,

Looks like we have a clear winner...

@ morcroft:

I second that. It should be in Riverbridge (the last Imperial outpost as you head north). It's right on the border between the Bog and the Hankaj Coast.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
10-04-2010, 04:58 PM,

I added a few pics. :check:

Personally, I'm still undecided but I think it's between the 'Reaven Fenlands' and 'Gloaming Shallows'. The former is more RPG-esque but the latter has a definite ring to it. I think I might vote for the latter just to stir things up and be a pain. :evil:

Could you please use the poll facility at the top of the page, folks? Just so it's clear which is in favour.

And yes, Riverbridge would be a good location for the 'Foggy Bog Inn'....as long as we don't get branded a stoner's mod as Xae points out.
10-04-2010, 05:24 PM,

I voted for the Gloaming Shallows.
True tests never end. :chaos:
Join Planeshift Developers!
http://www.planeshift.it/recruitment.html
10-04-2010, 05:37 PM,

I think people have been both posting their choice and using the poll.