Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needed things for me
07-21-2009, 09:31 AM,
Needed things for me
Hello all,

I have to learn more things for better modding,but i haven't found any help.

So here we go:

1, How can i make NPC AI? :check:

2, How can i generate LOD? :check:

3, How can i model interiors? :check:
I mean at this,how can i make the outside of walls to transparent. Im using blender,so blender users please help.

4, How can i make quests? :check:

5, How can i generate Regions? :check:

6, How can i make glowmaps? :check:

7, How can i make Roads? :check:
Which is fit with the roadpath in worldmap.

Thanks,hope you can help.

EDIT:Now i have to learn all of them. Thanks guys.

`Senten
07-21-2009, 10:42 AM,

A few of those can be anwsered over at TESA

Anyway, Glow maps are a black texture with the part of the texture you want to glow in colour.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
07-21-2009, 01:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
A few of those can be anwsered over at TESA

Anyway, Glow maps are a black texture with the part of the texture you want to glow in colour.

Like an alpha texture?Just not with white color?

`Senten
07-21-2009, 10:34 PM,
RE: Needed things for me
Quote:Originally posted by Senten
3, How can I model interiors?
I mean at this,how can I make the outside of walls to transparent. I'm using blender,so blender users please help.

I'm not a Blender user but from talking to folks who do use it, I've gotten the impression that Blender doesn't handle normals too well. The normals are important in this case because they decide which direction a face points. On any usual model you want them to point outward - in other words the visible surface is seen from the outside. When you make an interior architecture model you want them to point inward because this is the only case where a player can view the model from that direction. And on the plus side the normals pointing inward means that a modder can view inside the model, making it easy to work with in the Construction Set.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
07-22-2009, 02:41 AM,
3, How can I model interiors?
I mean at this,how can I make the outside of walls to transparent. I'm using blender,so blender users please help.

Go here and read: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Ma...ing/Meshes

EDIT: Highlight the faces that you want to flip and press "CTRL + F", then click on "Flip Triangle Edges". This will turn the face's in the opposite direction, as well as what side of the face the texture is seen on. The other side of the face will then be invisible in Nifskope, so that you can see into it.

My apologies for the previous info I gave in this specific reply - it was wrong. :no:

6, How can I make glowmaps?

You need to first make your regular texture for your mesh. To make the glowmap, turn that regular texture into a black and white texture - the white part will glow, and the black part will not. Colors of grey will have an inbetween glow. You can add white parts to the black area, or color black parts of the white areas, to make custom areas to glow/not glow. Save this new glowmap with a "_g.dds" at the end of the texture name, keeping the base name of the original texture. Save it as DXT1, RGB (non-alpha version), with mipmaps in a Photoshop/texturing program. Put the glowmap in same texture folder as the regular and normal maps of same name.

In nifskope, for the mesh which will use the glowmap, in the NiMaterialProperty, set the "Emmissive" property to pure white, then save the nif.

You can look up glowmaps in this little article here: http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind...#Glow_Maps

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
07-22-2009, 07:51 AM,

Thanks guys! Interiors and glowmaps are done.

I have to find solution for the other things.Please help,if you can!

`Senten
07-22-2009, 03:18 PM,
Quote:1, How can I make NPC AI?
AI

Quote:2, How can I generate LOD?
LOD

Quote:4, How can I make quests?
Quests.

Quote:5, How can I generate Regions?
Regions. paint on the map, and click generate.

Quote:7, How can I make Roads?
Which is fit with the roadpath in worldmap.
no surefire way, you just pay very close attention while editing the landscape. i advise that roads be painted onto the map *after* they are drawn on the world, as that is much more accurate.

the wiki is your best friend.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
07-22-2009, 04:54 PM,

Thanks LadyN!

`Senten
07-23-2009, 02:46 PM,

1. Technical Info concerning Interiors look at nr 4, 7, 8, 19, and 21 - 23.
How to create a multi point patrol route?
2. LOD Generation
Confused about LOD & VWD (again)
LOD mesh becomes visible when lowering the landscape.
3. All I know is that pressing the N button allows you to inverse the normals. there is al small guide on the internet on how to create a tileset with Blender.
4. [PS] Quest Icons
Scripting for Silgrad Tower.
5. http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=360
6. I can't help you here, but you could look at this: http://www.silgrad.com/wbb2/board.php?boardid=257
7. How to make roads
as for road claims, you could do something like this: http://tamriel-rebuilt.org/?p=forum/showmap&map=8. however matching the map with the worldspace is another issue. This shows the hard way, if i'm correct. But lady N's comment is better.
07-23-2009, 07:25 PM,

Thanks blackbird and everybody! This will be my number one faq. Thanks again,you are all awesome.

`Senten