Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New BM Website
10-12-2009, 12:14 AM,
RE: New BM Website
Okay going to explain this as a website developer here:

1) Flash images are nice to look at but can be annoying and in some cases cause siezures for sensitive users. You have to approach flash animation in a thoughtfull manner and not just jump in.

2) Background images tend to be multiplied to fit the background size, most likely ending up looking a mess, mostly the reason for a singular colour.

3) Galleries have been planned and will be implemented, developing the right gallery for the website at hand has to be planned first.

4) Imbedding wikis is not a simple thing, I have developed a professional wiki site before and even using a proper wiki engine it was still a challenge. I like the idea but it will not be easy to replicate unless you are using one of those easy creation sites that have the functionality there.

Okay so I agree with a new banner and some other graphics, I can create those if needed for whoever makes the site.

Not sure if its possible to alter a SD pic into an HD pic. Upscaling is possible but will take a bit of work to make it look nice.

Also to note: I am not trying to be harsh, just putting forward what I have learned over the past few years in college and such Smile
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
10-12-2009, 04:25 PM,

Not sure how you are getting on Naga, but I will post my progress here too Smile

Done some more work on my BM site, its purely HTML driven with some use of Javascript for the gallery. I attached a pic of the latest WIP where I am working on the gallery, I use thumbnails to display on the page and then the user clicks the image and a small window opens up with the larger picture version in it.

Great thing is that I can have as many pages as I like to the gallery becuase they are dynamically generated based on the number of images.

Anyway here is the pic:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
10-12-2009, 04:38 PM,
New BM Website
Oh the old naga is making a nice new sign for blackmarsh =)
Its going on great! and your expect to see some hand down colouring work from me in this! Big Grin
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
10-12-2009, 08:02 PM,

I like the idea of linking up the forum with the main website. I wouldn't move from Silgrad though. This site has too many links, memories, fabulous members and immense credibility to consider jumping ship entirely.

Not really explored website design properly....I don't mean to demotivate anyone but it's not something that bothers me, personally. I'm very cynical at heart and will tend to look at flashy websites and sneer, "yes, but where's the final project?"

Anyway, nice work, IS! It could use a background a bit like the Lost Spires one to make it come alive but we'd have to choose our absolute best, most definitive screenshot from the WS. A new design style with Mayan borders would really enhance it and then we could double that up with NA's magnificent sign... =)

If you're looking at some of that old concept art then you could really use some sort of widget whereby when you click on it you see the model as it turned out in-game. This can certainly be achieved with some of Llamaranger's architecture but others without a final model yet should be recognised only as concepts. I can even assist with shots of Gideon from using the sketched out town plan followed by the final product. That should help to make it clear how much progress we're making whilst providing some interesting documentary-style material.

Edit - Lore_Naga posted his banner design below, as requested in order to keep the threads focused.

This is my response to his first paragraph below:

It's a bit modern as it is for my tastes. The symbol is nice though. Perhaps if you stylise the three curls as feathers and the swirl as water then it's making clear use of the symbols of BM. I do like the idea of a quick, unique 'stamp' though that we can attach to screenies. We don't seem to have settled on such a thing....although the screenshots that Xae have posted contain some of the best examples of such that I've seen since I've been in charge.....but do we do something totally unique like this or opt for a more standard, Elder Scrolls style?

Btw, did you plan to post this in the BM website thread and use this one by mistake, NA? It looks like we're going off-track on the Sload thread....
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-12-2009, 08:22 PM,
New BM Website
Yup CTD's all the time (Oh what a life of a modder, I wonder how people keep there cool....),
WoW ain't that much different from oblivion except oblivion goes over the top on animations,
When WoW can be easy with voice acting....
Oblivion can't (Because bethesda had to go and make complicated combinations with facegen,
Why can't they just stick with the character talks and you post a reply, Simple).

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt301...1255372231
http://s622.photobucket.com/albums/tt301...hLogo2.jpg

In a dark swamp-like background this logo would look rather simple but can be advanced upon.

Ibsen this is for you-
Just like the master ordered.

:Edit: ill look into the feather and water prospect ibsen, still i think "Hay" and "Swamp" = Blackmarsh in a symbolistic way and do not ask why,
Sludge and Swamp would go good on a modern symbol but blackmarsh has a combo of sludge + hay + swamp,
So dark green for swamp/ murk yellowish green for hay/ the interior green on these boards for the sludge and thats it ,
In a swirled effect to create an idea of the 3 for forming.

Ill try adding some graphical water swirls and the other swirls in a more detailed manner.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-12-2009, 08:51 PM,

Sure thing, NA. Have a play around with it. :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-12-2009, 09:09 PM,

If you need any help NA don't be afraid to ask Smile, I have made some logos, banners ect as of late. One of them can be seen in my Sig and my Avatar. That logo was made for TES Alliance.
10-12-2009, 10:03 PM,
New BM Website
Im quite in a swirl of activity
(Wyrm mount is more easier than i thought Big Grin Its for akavir),
So i won't be ready to make logo's right now but have a go on my base design its just im busy with modelling for a change :eek: .

KP! them facial morphing programs will be the death of me! Gah! i might aswell buy a new facegen with these annoying bugger of programs pissing me off,Oh and also koniption i have a quick question is it best to re-model a slaughterfish mount from a mod or make my own wyrm creature and then make it "Mountable",
Im reading the CS wiki on making creature mounts does a slaughterfish need special "Do-Up's" to make it a mount?

Ibsen ill move on that inn soon when and if my internet will roll over for me so i can download the bsa and esm still i think waiting for a change in format might be better but i don't know about them kind of files (So don't ask me!).

(Don't say anything to elsweyr around the corner nor say nothing to that sneaky troll senten but ill have a surprise for elsweyr soon :yes: ).
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
10-12-2009, 11:11 PM,
RE: New BM Website
Quote:Originally posted by Lore_Naga[...]
KP! them facial morphing programs will be the death of me! Gah! I might aswell buy a new facegen with these annoying bugger of programs pissing me off,Oh and also koniption I have a quick question is it best to re-model a slaughterfish mount from a mod or make my own wyrm creature and then make it "Mountable",
I'm reading the CS wiki on making creature mounts does a slaughterfish need special "Do-Up's" to make it a mount?[...]

Firstly, there's already a slaughterfish mount:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9166

It all depends on the size and shape of your wyrm creature, whether it has extra appendages and such. If the wyrm is gonna be the same shape and of same size as the slaughtfish, with no extra appendages, maybe you can model it from the slaughterfish mount. Sometimes the size is relative, cause you can always scale the creature up in the CS's creature tab.

But if your wyrm is gonna be longer, much larger, with extra appendages, and require more polycount, you'll need to make a custom mesh & skeleton, then rig the mesh to the skeleton, then custom animate it, then collision/tweak all those things in Nifskope so they work ok in the game.

You could also try a "sem-custom" rig, using the default slaughterfish skeleton. Take the slaughterfish skeleton, and add the necessary bones to it. Then import each of the slaughterfish animations, add custom animations to the extra bones, then reexport those animations so the new bones will animate too. However, this means you'll still have a mostly slaughterfish animated creature, that moves mostly like a slaughterfish. If you want your wyrm to move differently, then just make a custom skeleton to fit the wyrm's body/appendages, and animate from scratch.

There is a mount-making tutorial available, that you can use to make various different creatures mounts:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/ind..._Creatures

Also, this might interest you and *might* have tips in it for making mounts:

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5246

Koniption

EDIT: I responded to your below post in a PM to you, Lore Naga. We're getting off-topic in this thread.
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
10-12-2009, 11:23 PM,
New BM Website
Im using that CSWiki guide for helping me on this but Semi-Custom sounds good,
Ill have a go and your likely see my creation (If it is a creation) on the akavir forums, Another question Big Grin How would someone make a Blackmarsh Leviathan with crab attack animations + slaughterfish moving animations would they need to get the slaughterfish's body and somehow combine it with the crabs arms so the animations would work?

Im just wondering seeming im on the side of doing things with skeletons and all.

:Edit: KP answered my question via pm, She said it might make things go off-topic here so Sorry about that.

IS any news on the website front?
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga