Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New BM Website
10-13-2009, 04:43 PM,

Lore_Naga's links do not seem to work for me.

As for Flash, I don't think it sends the right message. The BM team isn't a set of graphic designers and it's not a promotional website, per se. Flash can be an effective tool in small doses. Many people like the smooth fading menus, for instance, but an entire page in Flash is too much and one of those simple template-creations are out of the question. If we want to make a website, let's do it properly, and create something that can pass for a low-key professional project. Otherwise, we'll just end up looking retarded.

On a completely different note, here's something I was working on before I took ill (the text screwed up the second one but I decided to include it anyway, for now). I suppose I have two questions. Can the placement, font (etc) of the text be manipulated for BM loading screens only and do we want a custom-style (not necessarily the one below) or just more Bethesda-style?

Edit: I simply copied the text from the other screenshots and since it was designed to fit with a darker background it looks quite crude here. I can whip up a better font effect once I'm fully recovered.
10-13-2009, 05:35 PM,

:lmao:Literally LMAO at the text messages.

Personally, I really liked your earlier work on the Rootworm shot (see attached). Are you asking if the text is technically possible to change or whether you have permission to change it? I would imagine an answer of 'yes' to both those questions. And on the matter of the style, I've always disliked Bethesda's method...some of the screens are so dull and non-descript that you wonder why they bothered at all....especially when to make decent ones would have been so easy. So the artistic style you adopted for the rootworm shot would achieve the atmosphere without losing the clarity and greater potential of more photorealistic shots.

P.S. This is my 3000th post at ST. Mini yippee!
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
10-13-2009, 05:58 PM,
New BM Website
:lmao: That was damm funny xae, We should actually implement that it would freak out the players who play the mod :worship:

Yeah nice artistic style there (Sorry i currently have Artists Block... So can't help out on the art side of things).
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
01-08-2010, 03:05 PM,

Dozent and SoK (Russian team) have been working on their Russian site which can be found here: http://www.blackmarshes.3dn.ru/ .

I'm hoping to speak to SoK later today. The only problem is the language barrier so Dozent helps to manage things between us. We'd like to get our own website very much like this so that we have two versions in different languages and a link to both these forums and the forums of Russian Argonia.

In the meantime, I have attached some shots of the banner being used here and, although I think the format reduces the quality for some reason, I suggest we use one of them as a replacement banner so as to make the forums consistent with the website. I would normally set up a poll but I wanted to leave this message here. Just let me know which one you like. Personally, it's either #2 or #3 for me. 2 stands out more but 3 is a wee bit more flash.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
01-08-2010, 03:42 PM,

I like # 3 the best. The black lettering fits the name "Black"Marsh.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
01-08-2010, 04:53 PM,

I agree with KP - #3 is the best. #5 is starting to grow on me, though.
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
01-09-2010, 09:49 PM,

I just took a look at the five banners. As for which one I prefer, I think I will bump up the number of votes for #3 to 3.
Lead Scripting for the Black Marsh Project

[url="http://preventcrashesinoblivion.page.tl/"]Prevent bugs and crashes in Oblivion! Click here to find out how.[/url]
01-10-2010, 12:43 AM,

Not a bad banner, though I think the background is far too strong for that text, maybe darkening or fading the background with make the text stand out more.

As for the site, it would not be hard to recreate that site in our language, well that's if SoK and Dox cannot cobble together an english one for us. I was also working on one a while back but did not finish, I could easily finish that one up if it was wanted.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
01-10-2010, 08:49 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by InsanitySorrow
Not a bad banner, though I think the background is far too strong for that text, maybe darkening or fading the background with make the text stand out more.

As for the site, it would not be hard to recreate that site in our language, well that's if SoK and Dox cannot cobble together an english one for us. I was also working on one a while back but did not finish, I could easily finish that one up if it was wanted.

o_O Dox?? We have a new team member? :lmao:

Well, I think I can double the registration page, to make it in two languages... Although I think its easy to understand whats up there..

Dont know about the other parts... The gallery is easy to understand.. not so sure about the forum..
01-10-2010, 06:33 PM,

If you can pass on anything that IS might need to know about adapting it then maybe this would become a reality. You'll need to sort this out between you, methinks.