Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Book
10-05-2008, 09:32 AM,

Small progress on the book, the text is progressing along well, but im not sure if it is possible to place the pics so that they take one page and then the text on the other, mainly because i dont think you can change the text's size, however i could put the pictures above the chapters like this:
Picture
10-05-2008, 02:41 PM,

looks excellent, great work!, It seems that you made the background transparent, would you like me to submit the pictures again with transparent backgrounds?
Loremaster
10-06-2008, 08:59 AM,

:goodjob:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
10-06-2008, 02:35 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by lezender
It seems that you made the background transparent, would you like me to submit the pictures again with transparent backgrounds?
Thanks for the offer but no need to. I have already converted all of the images as .dds

If you are going to draw pictures for all the chapters in the book keep them as .jpg and leave the rest to me.

Small edit: Lezender, i finished the book, except for pictures. if you can test Here is a link for the book, it contains needed files and folders plus a .esp, the book can be found in skingrad by the statue. this does require the latest internal silgrad_tower.esm to work.

Note for mods reading this: the esp included in this rar is not yet the one meant for merging.
10-06-2008, 09:35 PM,

Just checking in (i've been busy, sorry!). I really like the concept and implementation of the book. The pictures look excellent, and it'll be a good introduction to Dwemer foes for players who never got a chance to explore the ruins of morrowind.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
10-09-2008, 02:22 PM,

Hmm, I agree, though we don't want to show all possible creature encounters in the book. Maybe the writer died before the book was completed.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
10-12-2008, 07:34 PM,

the book still needs the "BOLD TEXT" to be filled in with lore-relevant info, though I suppose this could wait until more dungeons are developed...
Loremaster
10-12-2008, 07:46 PM,
RE: Quest Idea...
If this were to be integrated into a quest, there could be a collection quest (one of each dwemer schematic, for instance), and an interration of this guy with the "centurion companion", such as him being the re-enchanter of the centurion, or upgrades, or such.

This might need to be considered as an additional quest once the main portion is completed

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
10-12-2008, 08:03 PM,

the book still needs the "BOLD TEXT" to be filled in with lore-relevant info, though I suppose this could wait until more dungeons are developed...
Were you able to test the book ingame lezender? If you were Besides the bold text how did you like the book's looks? the pages and such? also are you going to draw pictures to all of the chapters or shall i merge some chapters in to a sngle page?

I would like to know so i can finish a .esp to be sent for merging, of course there is no hurry.
10-12-2008, 08:31 PM,

The layout of the book is great! as for pictures, I'm going to do one for each of the centurions mentioned in the book (even if some don't appear in-game), I'm adapting my flying centurion picture to be simular to the other drawings, other than that are there any pictures that you would really like to add that you would like me to draw?

aside from that, if we did have a quest attached to this book, how about the player finds one of the Air centurion schematics, and takes it to the author after "asking around"?
Loremaster