Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New WS Progress: The Hist Dimension
02-28-2010, 07:52 PM,

Ah, yes. I'd forgotten that. But we still need to figure out where it's going to be, and how you open it.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
02-28-2010, 10:25 PM,

Aye, there's a potential clash here with Koniption's 'eye of Argonia' idea although I guess with eye fully open (and all the race storylines explored), this might give rise to the Hist portals opening. Btw, Koniption has been working on the eye...looks nice! =)
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
02-28-2010, 11:39 PM,

I saw it too. Nice!

My line of thinking was that you would have to actually visit the Hist dimension in order to retrieve each Codex to make the Eye work. There would be 5 portals around the province, the "Stations of the Eye". One of them (probably this one) is going to be in the main temple in Helstrom. The geode in Kungumabog is another.

[Extreme lore-monkeyness]

BTW, was having a chat with TOYB the other day. Our "official" lore justification for the Hist dimension is that it's actually part of the Plane of Kynareth (the nature/tree goddess planet in Tamriel's solar system). Apparently there's only a fixed number of "other dimensions" you can visit in TES (one per god, and the Hist technically aren't gods, otherwise they'd have their own celestial body - they are almost as powerful as gods though), so we fitted it in there. But it's an obscure technicality that we probably don't need to mention, unless some hardcore lore fans call us on it.

[/Extreme lore-monkeyness]
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-01-2010, 09:45 AM,

Well, you wouldn't visit Kynareth's plane per-se, you'd hallaucinate and share a conciousness with the hist, as they dream-walk of the source of nature, which is Kynareth. So the player isn't going to Kynareth's realm, they would be having a really far out trip on hist sap, and viewing from the Hist's perspective Kynareth's realm, so her true realm's form remains obscured (and basically what you get is more Hist, less Kynareth, but an explanation about what the Hist's 'dimension' actually is, which is a shared-dream-like state of Europhoria, of which the Hist constantly experience, and how they exist -for what would a tree dream of but Nature itself?).

And the Hist aren't gods no, they are more like minor/demi gods, in the sense that the Elnofey were demi-gods, however the 'lesser hist', the hist who were seeded after the convention (the solidifying of Nirn) aren't, such as the Hist the player saw in the Blackwood Company's basement. This is due to that, to survive the Elnofey and the other oringinal races had to procreate to remain immortal, and in doing so became less than they were (each time losing more of their divinity), which is the same with the Hist, however the difference is the Hist are trees, and can live for thousands of years, so while they have procreated, the oringinals still live on, whom are practically gods.
03-01-2010, 10:03 PM,

The hallucination option sounds much better actually since the original concept was to have something that was deliberately surrealistic. My favourite quest in OB was the 'Painted World' and this would be expanding on the idea, ideally.

For the most part, you would teleport to the Hist Dimension via the portal (and I like the idea of having to go there to retrieve the Codices btw) but there is also the possibility that, if we develop a BM worldspace location that can be 'turned into' the Hist Dimension then this would enhance the hallucination idea a little more. It would then be an area that exists in multiple planes. It would share the same models but they would be altered using retextures and corresponding models with the replace function.

I say 'for the most part' because I'd like the Hist Dimension to be quite unique but a particular shrine might exist in both dimensions. Anyway, we've strayed off-topic again. This conversation would be best hosted here: New WS Progress: The Hist Dimension .
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
12-09-2010, 01:00 PM,

This yellow thing reminds me of "Fable"

looks like acid pee , cool! xD
12-09-2010, 10:07 PM,

Acid pee.... :lol:

I've not played Fable. Is there a particular sequence you're referring to there?