Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New features?
03-15-2006, 11:55 PM,

oblivion towns act as interiors?
A Land Far away-Hardcore role playing Neverwinter Persistant world
Current PC- Nekrovor Ril'or-drow wizard
03-16-2006, 12:27 AM,

Oblivion towns (walled towns anyway) act not as "interiors" but as "worldspaces." It is possible though that in TESIV, all interiors are technically "worldspaces" as well. In other words, if they are the same, neither is what we know as an "interior" in TESIII, but what exactly a "worldspace" is in terms of modability, we have to wait to find out.
03-16-2006, 01:00 AM,

I think its just a thing to help performance, but I'm not sure. I'm not that knowledgable with the CS. I want to try and get good at using Oblivion's though, And if I get good at it I could try and help out with the mod.
03-16-2006, 01:26 AM,

I believe that the main difference is that the "worldspaces" can share the same sky, weather, etc. as normal exteriors. I'm afraid that horses might also be limited to the main exterior, but that's just a suspicion and a rumor. If they are, then it would definitely clear up the issue of making our mods part of the main map or "worldspaces" easier.
03-16-2006, 10:15 PM,

I'll try to get one of the Dev's to comment on that on the official forums.
03-17-2006, 12:32 PM,

I posted a topic in the CS forums for oblivion. I'll check it later today when not under the watchful eyes of the school firewall.