Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New head models
10-06-2006, 08:56 PM,
New head models
In the topic link posted below you can get a sense of whats going.

Forums topic

I'm hoping thats it's possible to get a head from the actual Facegen program to work in Oblivion correctly. I could easily make a standard male and female head for a custom race. Facegen has some really good settings for making the face look Asian. I also have quite a few geisha hair models too. I have no idea how to get hair to work though. It needs to conform to everyones individual head.
10-07-2006, 03:22 AM,

Sounds very promising. Thank you.
10-08-2006, 07:55 PM,
RE: New head models
Okay. I made a basic Asian looking head. Not quite male, not quite female. When you create a NPC (in case you didn't know), you choose male or female, and it changes the face accordingly. It usually looks pretty good, but some minor tuning may be needed. Here are some pics of the face truned female. I added that woodelf hair because it's kinda Geisha-like. Is this good, or would you like me to work on it more?

[Image: Face02.jpg]

[Image: Face01.jpg]

I haven't messed with the body yet, so the textures don't exactly match.

I think I'll make a few races because there needs to be a painted face for the Geisha and if you want black facial hair, the CS only does a medium brown and it doesn't look right with black hair.
10-08-2006, 08:08 PM,

Honor and glory to you sir.

These look absoloutely fantabulastic. Truly, a feat of wonderment and joy. They look so real, in fact, that they look more real then the bethesda stock faces.

Thank you for your help. If we can use these, we should.
Her eyes, though which crystal tears gave light,
shone like the moon in water, seen by night
10-08-2006, 08:12 PM,

Holy crap! Apsolutly breath taking. :goodjob: :yes:

The face structure is perfect.
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
10-08-2006, 10:13 PM,

I think that you should work on it some more ra5946...just kidding! Tongue

The face looks fantastic, and like Cogidubnus said: "they look more real then the bethesda stock faces" :goodjob: :bananarock: :banana:

Thanks ra5946 Big Grin
Akavir mod leader.
10-09-2006, 01:15 AM,

They are better than anything I could come up with. I think they look great.

I also think your idea of making several races or alternatives is a very good one.
10-09-2006, 06:56 AM,
Wow, very nice!
I have not explored texture of faces yet, but I am curious about eye shape and color. Are they dds files like everything else, so that I could just clip some eyes from photos and convert to dds? Or is it more difficult than that?
Design Assistant

(Check here for updates. Individual images change often.) My Oblivion Screenshots Collection
10-09-2006, 10:44 AM,

I think the shape is great! Smile The nose is the masterwork that creates most of the magic, imo. Color-wise, I suggest for a little variety to add very little tinge of brown. (overall should still look black, but just a little warmer black). Absolute black gives a little "artificial feel". Also, there are minor asian ethnic groups with more exotic hair color (golden brown), but I guess these can come later.

question : is the eye reflection etc an after effect or is this how it looks ingame already? I think it will look more life-like if the iris and reflection and such are visible (I don't think asians have pure black eyes. Even the darkest eyes will have distinguishable iris.).
I read emails regularly like ... once per month.
10-09-2006, 12:20 PM,

Thanks for the comments folks, but to be honest, there is not much work involved. What I'll do is make some more versions of this race (Geisha, facial hair and others if needed), save it as an .esp and then upload it. Lately I've only been able to work on this on the weekends so it may be another week or two. If you're at the point where you need something right now, let me know and I'll upload as is.

As far as coloring goes, you can make the hair color (and skin) whatever you want. Each NPC you make has customization tools. It's just like when you create your own character at the begining of the game.

I will lighten the eyes a bit, It was just a little test I was doing to make sure my new eyes were working. Eyes are one thing you can't change with a color slider. So when you want a new color eye, you need to make a texture.And yes Kielanai, eyes have their very own texture so you can use a photo. The shape however, is controlled by the model.
Eyes have there own model, but the face model controls how much is seen

If anyone has a good photo of a face (front and side if possible) I should be able to make a more realistic look NPC.

I've been messing around with the hair, but have not had very good success. I have 4 or 5 versions of some good Geisha hair and 3 or 4 of samurai and merchant. If anyone has gotten completely custom hair in game please let me know how to do it or I can just send you meshes.

I've been looking at the all the tutorials for faces and hair and I still can't get a completely new hair or face in game, only new verions of the originals. I was able to open a Kajit (sp) model in Facegen and alter is appearance quite a bit. I think I could make a rat head or even a dog/ fox face using this method. By doing this it keeps all the animations for talking and such. I just can't get it back in game. Help with this would be much appreciated.