Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noc 03 [Finished]
07-21-2007, 10:40 PM,

Perhaps, because the bearded characters aren't marked as playable, the condition for the quest (IsPlayableRace) is stopping the dialogue from showing up. What happens if you take out that condition?
07-25-2007, 04:07 PM,

I have marked the bearded character races as playable. All the chars can talk now. I've marked the public area button. I've playtested it again and the door is locked and stays locked.
07-26-2007, 08:50 PM,

Sorry for the delay.

No, don't mark the bearded characters as playable unless as a last resort. Many players like to start new games if they activate a large, new mod. If we marked all the bearded races we used (which will likely be a lot) as playable, I am sure many players would complain about having to scroll through hundreds of races to get to a beardless high elf, for instance. We want to make a mod the player can enjoy thoroughly whether they are starting fresh or not. If anything, I'd mark them playable through an optional, unsupported ESP so they are available if desired while not needlessly interfering with the character generation process.

I don't think there's any harm in changing the dialogue quest condition since it is character-specific, meaning it shouldn't show up anywhere other than on the designated character(s). My theory is that the CharacterPlayable thing prevents races that shouldn't speak at all (IE Dremora) from having generic dialogue (rumors, greetings, special quest topics). Try removing the quest condition and seeing what happens.

On the side, I see some AI contaminations for some "aaa" packages, are these mistakes from not renaming a package before saving, or can I remove them?
07-27-2007, 09:08 PM,

Ok

I can't see the contamination.
The main problem is that I can't rent a room. The room door doens't want to be unlocked and changed to owner.
08-14-2007, 02:50 PM,

Is this finished?
08-14-2007, 09:36 PM,

Yes, if it not necaessary to rent a room there. And no if you a rent a room is must have.
08-15-2007, 05:51 PM,

Coulden't you just remove the door and change the owner of the bed when renting a room?
09-26-2007, 12:53 PM,

I don't know why I should remove the door.
Can someone with more scripting experience look at the file?
09-26-2007, 04:23 PM,

Script.

Give Llaalam Heloth a Reference Editor ID.
Set the ownership (in the script) of the bed to that ID.

Dialogue.

Add the Yes and No topics to the "Choices" listing.

Add a result script to the info for the Yes topic as described in this post.
This sets the room rental status to 1 and removes the gold.
E.g. "player.removeitem Gold001 25" and "set NPC Reference Editor ID.rent to 1"

The script runs on Llaalam Heloth, remove the info's for the bed topic, yes and no topics for the other NPC (Miaren).
Dum loquor, hora fugitĀ  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
09-28-2007, 04:05 PM,

Thanks Sandor, it worked.