Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nordic Colonists
02-17-2006, 02:12 AM,

Sounds like a good idea to me, have wooden and stone addons, with furniture moved in and keeping the original structure
02-17-2006, 08:25 AM,

Just to finish off the rabbit-trail, the House Dagoth quests are a MQ thread, automatically making it a major line. The House of Troubles is to be a feeder thread, meaning that it is probably one of the longer "short" quest-lines, but it connects you into the Telvani Alliance MQ thread, which for practical purposes turns it into one of the really major quest-lines. You just need to branch the scope of the quests out so that they could be done by House of Troubles, Telvani, Betmeri, or Ashlanders. (Wow, that's going to be a tough set of quests to write to make it compatible for all of them. I'm thinking that's KuKulzA's job as the Betmer and Ashlander guy.)
03-23-2006, 11:19 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by shunoshi
I just read this snippet off the Wikipedia and the Nordic Whiskey, rotgut, reminded me of this thread. Especially the part about people passing out after drinking it. It also gives me the idea that banditry and smuggling runs wouldn't be uncommon.

A variety of crops are raised in Skyrim, from wheat to the hardy snowberry. Of note is that the particular climate of Skyrim makes it the only region in Tamriel, outside of the most northern reaches of High Rock and Morrowind, suitable for the brewing of the infamous alcoholic beverage Nordic Whiskey, also known simply as "Rotgut". This is because, several times during the distillation process, the substance must be subjected to extreme cold temperatures, so that it may freeze and refreeze. The drink is noted for the distinct "cold" taste, similar to extraordinarily strong mint, which persists as a feeling of ice in the stomach, as well as for the very deleterious nature of its content. Nordic Whiskey is illegal throughout the Empire, but this does not stop many proprietors from stocking smuggled bottles for those brave enough to try a mug. People are known to faint afterwards.

hmm.... quest ideas? building Ideas? :bananarock:
03-31-2006, 12:53 PM,

There are many nord buildings in Bruma we can alter to our needs. Also ive decided that the Nords army shall be divided into Archers, Warriors, Officers, General

Archers use steel bow with fur armor steel arrows and steel daggers/shortswords

Warriors will use chainmail with any steel meele weapon.

Officers will use Iron or steel armor with a silver weapon of their choice

and the general with have some rune armor with a runed axe.
Some say im here, Others say im there, but really... I am every where
Beware I am Shadow I am the darkness in the corner waiting for you to take your mind off things for a moment then I strike without hesitation and leave no trail
03-31-2006, 10:30 PM,

remember.... not all Nords are well armored.... only the wealthier ones.... they aren't armies with proffesional armories and all.... each warrior gets his own armor and weapons
04-01-2006, 01:58 AM,

What happened to the mages guild? They seemed to have a good holding in Vvardenfell. What is the Institute of Mages? Wouldn't they just be the mages guild or are they different?

EDIT: sorry off topic. I saw the list and I thought this was a discussion about factions:lol:
05-24-2006, 10:24 PM,

"I have heard that Nord warriors have travelled from Skyrim with Orc mercenaries to assault the Redoran of Morrowind."
05-25-2006, 12:55 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
"I have heard that Nord warriors have travelled from Skyrim with Orc mercenaries to assault the Redoran of Morrowind."
yeah... so?
I have heard that we knew that Big Grin

I predicted a Nordic invasion long ago and now in Oblivion it has indeed occured
05-25-2006, 01:08 AM,

Well, I knew that you know about the Nordic invasion, just wasn't sure if you knew about the Orcs.
05-25-2006, 01:20 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Axen
Well, I knew that you know about the Nordic invasion, just wasn't sure if you knew about the Orcs.
oh I knew, I knew alright... but how long do you thinkt he orcs will stick with Nords?
if there is an orc-fort (Valenvaryon) on Vvardenfell and a big Azhag's Orc Camp in northern Redoran territory...

I think initially they'd fight Dunmer, but the Orcs want a homeland, and these guys are probably not Orsinium orcs, they like Malacath, and they probably would desert to find their brethren... that's what I think