Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now I'm a voice actor too
02-20-2007, 10:49 AM,

F'lah = fella

fella (plural: fellas) = (slang for) A man.

Bugs bunny says it Smile
Now i cant forget
coz my momma killed me
02-20-2007, 07:16 PM,

I see. I pronounced it "Flaw", but if I have to record this inside the CS (Can't be THAT hard), I'll pronounce it "Filaw" with a very slight "Feh" at the beginning. More of an emphasis on the end. "fiLAH". How's that?
.:.::..::: Zarf - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y"]WARNING: Do not fall down mountains[/url] :::..::.:.
02-21-2007, 10:35 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zarf
Oh dear. So I need to convert the remaining files from MP3 back into WAV? I should be able to do it in that format, but don't expect them until Tuesday. Here are the MP3s:

[url="http://www.zarfstudios.com/ob/audio/dunmale.rar"]Download - 2.26 MB[/url]

There is also one .WAV. See if that works. Do you know for sure wether or not .MP3 files won't work?
I thought you kept the original files? Because if you convert .wav into .mp3 and then revert back into .wav you lose much quality, that would be too bad for all the work you put into.
02-21-2007, 07:26 PM,

I do have it as a .WAV file. One big huge .WAV file. I still had to chop it up and convert it to MP3 so you can hear it in-game, but it looks like I have to re-record everything through the CS in order to get the lip synching to work.

That doesn't make sense to me though. I'd think they would make a way to import WAVs and make a synch using those, but I'm not Bethesda.

Maybe the import will work, but I just need to get the format right. I'll keep trying here.
.:.::..::: Zarf - [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbU_YqGZF5Y"]WARNING: Do not fall down mountains[/url] :::..::.:.
02-21-2007, 09:19 PM,

Zarf: I've brought in most of the dialogue lines now. While doing that I noticed that the line "Good morning, F'lah." seems to be missing, and that "dunmale_flah.mp3" and "dunmale_goodbyeflah.mp3" are the same. In other words I'm missing the line "F'lah?", as the mp3's both say "Goodbye, F'lah."

I tested out creating a lip file from the wav you supplied and it worked. I haven't had a chance to playtest it yet but the file was created ok. I don't know much about sound but I don't see why the audio sample rate would be affected by re-converting the mp3's, and indeed I believe it is the audio sample rate that is the important one. Somehow it helps Facegen, and the system TES3 used, to calculate how to move lips.

But if you're ok with re-recording them in the CS then by all means go right ahead, then we'll know for sure they will work. Don't worry about the filenames, I would need to change them in either case to fit with the written dialogue I set up in my update esp.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-22-2007, 06:24 PM,

Wow, those are good. :goodjob:
I like how you did f'lah in certain lines. :yes:
The Forgotten Ones have returned.
05-19-2007, 06:32 AM,

your good eh cool im a good voice actor but i dont know how to record:deal::deal::deal::deal::deal::deal::deal::deal::deal::deal::deal:
05-01-2008, 03:15 PM,

I seem to have fallen off the face of the planet, has anybody seen my goat?

Since I last posted here, I've moved from Albuquerque back to my hometown, then out of my grandparents house there to an apartment. I'm out on my own, working full time, and trying to get school in order for fall.

When I was in Albuquerque, I had access to some very nice recording equipment and a nice, quiet place to record. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to those resources, and am in the process of making them again. We have a shotgun mic here that might be sufficient, but I don't really have a well-insulated room any more. If I can get my hands on some foam, I can make a "sanctuary" out of a large box. Time will tell, but I'm still interested in this mod and have found myself playing Oblivion more than ever. A similar thing happened to me and Morrowind. Big Grin
05-01-2008, 08:08 PM,

Cool beans dude!

Glad to see you're back and interested. Sorry about the upheaval in your life, but glad to hear that things are settling down. If you get a chance to record, feel free to shoot me some lines and I can comment on the tech aspects. In my limited experience, a directional mic, some packing foam and a homemade pop screen go a long way. Smile

Steve
05-01-2008, 08:38 PM,

Hi Zarf!

Wow! It looks like it was a long time ago that we last saw your goat around here. It seems I joined after you!

We've made a fair bit of progress since 2007 but we'll probably have a heck of a lot of work left for a Dunmer VA especially, and there'll be tons of quest stuff coming up. And, if you can manage to go through the very time-consuming business of re-recording the generic Oblivion voice files for a race or two (persuasion game, battle lines etc.) then you'd be much more than welcome. I could do with a hand there, personally.

Since we created the idea of having regional or class variations in the voices, I managed to record two complete Imperial sets - one for upper-class and one for lower-class which SACarrow has now implemented. Of course, this creates a lot of work if we end up doing something like that for every race but I'm sure we'd be happy with stuff that's just good quality, different from the vanilla stuff and preferably more MW-friendly. I've managed to get Khajiit and Nord done as well, plus I think there are other people signed up for other races.

A big welcome back to you! Nice to have you back on the face of the planet and happily goat-herding again Cool
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]