Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion MQ
05-29-2007, 02:38 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Every time I hear a beggar greet me in one voice, and then offer rumors in a completely different voice I just kill everyone. Either do it right, or don't do it at all, and add much more dialogue, which is unique and varied

Dialogue is rather glitchy for the beggars. It seems like they had normal sounding voices at first, and they decided after they put them in, "Jeez, these guys are starving, malnourished vagrants looking for your money who have never gotten any education and all they've known is poverty. We need to make the player feel bad." So then it looks like they recorded a new set of dialogue for them and just stuck it in over the old ones. That would explain why the frail dialogue trails behind the lip movements. Then, they are still in the general range of Dialogue conditions, so they say what everyone of the same race and gender would say in those conditions. Either that or they fake frail voices to make you feel bad and scam you out a gold.

I know the rule here was no SI, but has anyone who has both SI and KotN notice that when you ask for rumors in New Sheoth and those places they say "I hear there's been an attack on the Anvil Chapel" That annoys me. Shivering Isles is my realm and I don't want that sort of sanity leaking through! X(
05-29-2007, 03:06 AM,

Dialouge in Oblivion has made me fully support the development of voice creation software.

Emphasis on development of course. No one wants Steven Hawkins to voice TES V.
This is the end, beautiful friend.
05-29-2007, 03:27 AM,

What, you don't want stephen hawking voice acting TESV? His throat never gets sore, so he could just record an unlimited amount of dialogue. *i'm just being a bit mean now* I think that'd be a funny easter egg actually... deep in a cave somewhere, there's a guy in a wheelchair with a stephen hawking voice...
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
06-06-2007, 04:13 PM,

so then: What would you change if you could? Big Grin
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
06-08-2007, 03:37 AM,

I haven't finished it yet (I've gotten as far as aiding Bruma) but so far it seems pretty fun except I don't think their has been enough cool unique visual effects or creatures. I also don't like how it seems like a repeat to do the next step. Somehow you always find your way to what looks like the last Oblivion portal in everyway and I haven't even gotten a half decent reward for doing all of this crap yet. In the bloodmoon main quest from MW atleast you got Hircine's ring and in Tribunal you get Hopesfire and Trueflame which both look unique. All I have gotten so far is some uncommon blade armor and katana.
06-08-2007, 07:12 AM,

Well I know the reward and it sucks for the most part. I agree Bloodmoon is a much better MQ, but so is the one from SI.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"