Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion PC Help!
05-18-2008, 08:43 PM,
Oblivion PC Help!
When I installed Oblivion for my PC, I had to put it on my HP Pocket Drive in order for it to fit. When I have some space up, I tried to move the files and folders to my laptop, but it wouldn't let me play the game, so I just uninstalled it.

Any who, whenever I try to load the game disc to install it again, it won't load. Could someone help me? I don't know what to do, and I miss playing Oblivion on my PC. My laptop is a Vista and my Local Disc (C: ) drive says I have 6.71 GB left of the 136 GB in my drive, if that helps. Thanks in advanced.
05-18-2008, 09:50 PM,

Hi

The problem can be also in your disk or in your disk drive. Have you tried to install the game into another CPU?

If not you should try it because the disk may be damaged, if it doesn't load on any CPU.

If you have (disk ran and install was OK) the problem is in your disk drive; it's speed is low or it's dirty. try cleaning it or try putting other disks into the drive.

Hope this helps even a bit... Smile
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

Anyone interested in chess, challenge me on chess.com!
05-18-2008, 10:02 PM,

Hegemege could be correct or..........

Are you positive it is the correct disc? Is it one of the expansion disc you are trying to play with?
05-18-2008, 11:40 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Zurke
Hegemege could be correct or..........

Are you positive it is the correct disc? Is it one of the expansion disc you are trying to play with?

Yes, it's the original disc. I don't own any expansions.

I tried installing Oblivion on my parent's desktop, and it worked. I guess I'll have to clean my disc drive then, thanks!
05-19-2008, 07:15 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Hegemege
[..]

The problem can be also in your disk or in your disk drive. Have you tried to install the game into another CPU?

If not you should try it because the disk may be damaged, if it doesn't load on any CPU.

[..]

In the bolted instances I hope you meant PC, because you can't actually install a game into your Central Processing Unit.
Quote of the Day
There's real poetry in the real world. Science is the poetry of reality. Richard Dawkins, The Enemies of Reason

Factions:
Silgrad Tower Mages Guild
Skyrim Thieves Guild
Vvardenfell Mages Guild
05-19-2008, 11:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cuthalion
[..]

[..]

In the bolted instances I hope you meant PC, because you can't actually install a game into your Central Processing Unit.

I think that is an old school way of using the term.
05-20-2008, 04:59 AM,

Yeah I think it's too, I thought CPU is like Computer (at least in video games Big Grin) PC then
Programming language knowledge: C#(+XNA), Python, C++, main interest is game programming with so far a few succesfull test projects on the first two platforms.

05-22-2008, 02:47 PM,

Yeah I think it's too, I thought CPU is like Computer (at least in video games Big Grin) PC then

Central Processing Unit. It's the brain, it runs the PC. Ya, know those things Intel sells for enormous prices and AMD sells for less.
05-22-2008, 02:53 PM,

Well, I'm not so in to these special uber computer terms Big Grin Maybe I should visit Wikipedia for those if I want people not to misunderstand :confused:

05-22-2008, 08:30 PM,

Well, I'm not so in to these special uber computer terms Big GrinMaybe I should visit Wikipedia for those if I want people not to misunderstand :confused:

Well I dont think you will need to here. I understood perfectly what you meant.