Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oblivion Screenshots
09-07-2005, 12:23 PM,
Screenshots
The 'Hw' Series

[Image: thumb_hw01.jpg] [Image: thumb_hw02.jpg] [Image: thumb_hw03.jpg] [Image: thumb_hw04.jpg]
1. The new inventory screen, here showing the player's skill levels. Notice the bottom right part of the stat table, showing Nw-W - could this be the fabled Quest Compass? It's been said to be unintrusive, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is. As for the armor, I personally believe it's Ebony, as it doesn't look evil enough to me for it to be Daedric.
2. This is probably the first time we see Argonians in Oblivion. The bodies of the beast races in Oblivion are the same as for all the other races.
3. A beautiful city scene, albeit a bit cartoonish in my taste.
4. Sunset at the docks of an unknown town. Note the sign to the top left, indicating that all establishments will have personalized sign posts in Oblivion (yaay). The amount of detail that went into the ship is breathtaking.

[Image: thumb_hw05.jpg] [Image: thumb_hw06.jpg] [Image: thumb_hw07.jpg] [Image: thumb_hw08.jpg]

5. Yet another view of that Cathedral. The devs must really like it.
6. The player fights skeletons.
7. A strangely-looking Daedra exiting the portal.
8. The ghost seems afraid of the player... isn't it supposed to be vice verca?

The 'PC Games Reporter' Series

[Image: thumb_2004-09_PCGamesReporter_OblScan_01.jpg] [Image: thumb_2004-09_PCGamesReporter_OblScan_02.jpg] [Image: thumb_2004-09_PCGamesReporter_OblScan_03.jpg] [Image: thumb_2004-09_PCGamesReporter_OblScan_04.jpg] [Image: thumb_2004-09_PCGamesReporter_OblScan_05.jpg]

1. Steve Meister and Todd Howard at the top, then two pics of the reporter doing the interview, followed by a Daggerfall poster in one of the dev's cubicle + a display of past games.
2. A dev modelling an interior in the Construction Set. Looks to me like it's a sewer.
3. A bearded dev modding another interior. Any idea what it could be?
4. Now this is really something! This is what the devs often see when modding the exterior world.
5. Bearded dev staring at the computer.

[Image: thumb_2004-09_PCGamesReporter_OblScan_06.jpg] [Image: thumb_2004-09_PCGamesReporter_OblScan_07.jpg] [Image: thumb_2004-09_PCGamesReporter_OblScan_08.jpg] [Image: thumb_2004-09_PCGamesReporter_OblScan_09.jpg] [Image: thumb_2004-09_PCGamesReporter_OblScan_10.jpg]

6. Probably an elven ruin.
7. A concept artist shows some of his work. Personally I liked the piranha/eel-like fish picture in the bottom right cap.
8. A mighty, axe-wielding Daedra steps into the world.
9. :pop: See the top two caps? Snow has fallen on the rooftops of the capital - in other words - Seasons are in!
10. Different battle scenes.

[Image: thumb_2004-09_PCGamesReporter_OblScan_11.jpg] [Image: thumb_2004-09_PCGamesReporter_OblScan_12.jpg] [Image: thumb_2004-09_PCGamesReporter_OblScan_13.jpg] [Image: thumb_2004-09_PCGamesReporter_OblScan_14.jpg] [Image: thumb_2004-09_PCGamesReporter_OblScan_15.jpg]

11-15. Battles and such.

Burning Castle of unknown origin

[Image: thumb_2004-09_Oblivion_Castle.jpg]
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
09-07-2005, 03:18 PM,

Oooo, those are some nice screenshots. Well, come December, it's go-beg-to-parents-for-videogame-money time.

Thanks for the screenshots!

EDIT: Funny, there's no tail behind the argonian...
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
09-07-2005, 06:51 PM,

Some nice screenies... And I'm sure that is the quest compass - see the red indicator?

And I'm with DarkE on this... what's with the Argonian? Must be a new short snout variety...

The ship and city details look great. How many more days do I have to wait before I can start modding? :poorme:

Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
09-07-2005, 08:06 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ben Vagara
Some nice screenies... And I'm sure that is the quest compass - see the red indicator?

And I'm with DarkE on this... what's with the Argonian? Must be a new short snout variety...

The ship and city details look great. How many more days do I have to wait before I can start modding? :poorme:

Ben

If you consider 3D modelling to be modding (I do) then you could start right now if you wanted to =) PM me in that case and we can chat about the details. It's a lot of fun when you get to the point when the models come out the way you envisioned them, and making things like houses is really empowering.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
09-10-2005, 03:32 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by DarkEclipse
Oooo, those are some nice screenshots. Well, come December, it's go-beg-to-parents-for-videogame-money time.

Thanks for the screenshots!

EDIT: Funny, there's no tail behind the argonian...

I found this dev quote on ESF:

Quote:Originally posted by MrSmileyFaceDude:
ARGONIANS AND KHAJIIT HAVE TAILS. Geeze folks, just because the screenshot isn't low enough to show it doesn't mean it's not there. Big Grin

So, good news on that I think Smile
Angel mired in filth
09-10-2005, 06:45 AM,

That is good news. Khajit would be nothing without their fluffy soft tails now, would they?

Oh darn, I hope they have moon sugar.

And the new coprus monster is awsomely scary. (Screenshot 23)
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
09-11-2005, 02:12 AM,

Hmm, is the attached screenshot new? I dunno... looks pretty sweet though Smile
Angel mired in filth
09-11-2005, 02:51 AM,

Nope, it's not new. I think I saw it last week. Dunno. Cool

Hahah :bananarock: I don't think I told you how much I like the new smilies.
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
09-11-2005, 06:50 AM,

It came out about 4-6 weeks ago... I have been using it as my wallpaper...

Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
09-16-2005, 11:21 PM,
RE: September Screenshots
WOAH! darn! those are awsome! i saw the 3 new screenshots on the main website and then coming to here its like......christmas...almost

i just got a new nice 17 inch LCD moniter too! :-)

yay!

:banana: :banana: :banana: