• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open jobs for texturers [arch. posts]
08-26-2006, 01:37 AM,

i can do that psychotic, but it would just look like lemon juice ;p
i dont know how to make it translucent
Now i cant forget
coz my momma killed me
08-26-2006, 01:51 AM,

I appreciate your effort DarkAsmodeous, but I'm going to go with Stilgar's texture since it fits the 4:1 aspect ratio of the numerous maps I've already set up with that texture 'slot'. Thanks Stilgar, it fits perfectly :goodjob:

[Image: th_Rope_0001_TM_onmesh.jpg]

ev1: No worries, I'm afraid. At the moment we can unfortunately not use any beer texture, since the CS crashes when I try to use the model that would show it. I don't know why it does that. Maybe it's something that can be fixed once the official exporter is released, maybe it's not. Sad Sure hope so though because the transparant bottle looked kinda snazzy.

black[/hr]

Something I forgot back when tibmaker made the retexture of the Black Horse Courier booksheet model for our "The Weekly Cuttle" was that we'd need a pageheader-type bookart for it too. The original broadsheet uses "textures\menus\book\broadsheetheader01.dds" as the pageheader, so please use that texture for reference. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-26-2006, 01:53 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by ev1
I can do that psychotic, but it would just look like lemon juice ;p
I dont know how to make it translucent
Make the alpha channel of the color map darker for more translucency, then enable the NiAlpha Property of the mesh in NifScope. See this.
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.
08-26-2006, 02:19 AM,

No problem Razorwing, I took this on in an atempt to help the project, if this rope fits better than by all means use it.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I
08-28-2006, 11:57 PM,

[title]Redoran Door Texture[/title]
I'd like to request a texture for the model "Meshes\ST\InRedSmCorrDoor.nif". In the next release the door will be animated, which is possible because I'm piggybacking it on a Bethesda nif. It's pretty much crucial to get an animated door to work, but it poses some restrictions. One of those restrictions in this case is that I'm only allowed to use one texture file, which the door model isn't set up for. So if you can, please make a planar texture that would fit on the silhouette of the door if viewed straight on, and then it'll look a far sight better than it does at the moment. Smile
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
09-09-2006, 05:41 AM,
Shack textures needed desperately!
I'm doing some models for Ebbedin, and since not much work has gone on around the Bitter Coast yet, there is a need for textures related to the shacks around Ebbedin and elsewhere on the BC. Most urgently needed are the various wooden textures to get the weather-beaten feel associated with the BC, as well as a foundation for the shacks. Bonus points if the textures are unencumbered enough to use with TES3 too.

Thanks,
Steve
09-09-2006, 12:20 PM,
RE: Shack textures needed desperately!
Something like that?:
http://stilgar.st.funpic.de/oblivion/

(only some samples made in few minutes)

I can made a complete set if you want.
09-09-2006, 01:14 PM,
RE: Shack textures needed desperately!
Quote:Originally posted by Stilgar
Something like that?:
http://stilgar.st.funpic.de/oblivion/

(only some samples made in few minutes)

I can made a complete set if you want.

Nice ones, Stilgar!

Oblivion only supports color/diffuse, opacity, normal/parallax, specular and glow maps. It can't use bump or shadow maps unfortunately. Opacity maps are stored in the alpha channel of the color/diffuse texture, while specular maps are stored in the alpha channel of the normal map. Glow maps are separate, and used very rarely. The only one that should always be used is normal maps, but that on the other hand is crucial in order to make the model look properly. (The model doesn't react to dynamic light without one)
Angel mired in filth
09-09-2006, 02:58 PM,
Shack using Stilgar's textures
is here.

Later,
Steve

EDIT: Updated pictures posted at 13:50 PM EDT 9 Sep 2006.
09-09-2006, 03:17 PM,

Well, those black lines don't look well. Tongue