Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orangung, New Races of Tang Mo
06-15-2007, 02:38 AM,

I pulled a texture for a white tiger from the skyrim khajiit mod. I'd think you could do a better job than the one that exists though Aetherius.
06-15-2007, 04:07 AM,

Yeah, I suppose so, but it's been awhile since I've modded. I was thinking maybe I could do some retexturing on photoshop, but I really need to get refreshed on the whole construction set thing, lol.
Akavir mod texturer and race modder
06-15-2007, 09:29 PM,

You can try to make white Tang Mo texture Aetherius, btw, it's nice to see you again, it's been a while.
Do a Google search for "Japanese monkey" for concept art.

We also need a Tang Mo that looks like a "ring tail lemur"
[Image: lemur%20tongue.jpg]
Akavir mod leader.
06-18-2007, 05:52 AM,

Hello everybody.

Aetherius and I constructed a white Tang Mo texture. Here is a shot of it at the construction set.

[Image: WhiteTangMotexture.jpg]

But our computer doesn't seem capable to play Oblivion very well. So when we applied the race into the game it wouldn't rez properly. As you can see.

[Image: ScreenShot44.jpg]

So we were thinking we could send the textures to someone else to see if they work in the game correctly.
Akavir race modder and texturer
06-18-2007, 07:06 AM,

Orodromis and I were thinking of changing the skin color of the tang mo from light pink to a bit more reddish color, like this

[Image: tangmohead.jpg]

[Image: tangmohead2.jpg]

but I dunno, what do you guys think?
06-18-2007, 08:04 PM,

Welcome back Orodromis =)

I think the fur would look better if it looks a bit gray, like on the picture show below, the color of the face should also be like the monkey on the picture.
[Image: japanese_monkey_bathes.jpe]

EDIT: Damn! The pic does not show :confused:

I will try another picture: [Image: 4cc_1116.jpg&w=580]
Akavir mod leader.
06-18-2007, 08:08 PM,

I see, and are we planning on doing a new model for the ring-tailed lemur? Because Grimdeath's Tang Mo model isn't exactly shaped for the ring-tailed lemur texture.
06-18-2007, 08:12 PM,

Ok, that sounds good, we need to have a long fuzzy tail for the lemur Big Grin

I think the red color of the face is spot on :goodjob:
I can't get my pictures to work, am i doing something wrong, or what? Confusedhrug:
Akavir mod leader.
06-18-2007, 08:17 PM,

Oh, that was actually a question, sorry Big Grin Yeah, I dunno how to model, but in order to do the lemur texture, I think we will need a new model. I suppose I can try messing with the Khajiit face model a bit though.
06-18-2007, 10:25 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Aetherius
Oh, that was actually a question, sorry Big Grin Yeah, I dunno how to model, but in order to do the lemur texture, I think we will need a new model. I suppose I can try messing with the Khajiit face model a bit though.

I'm not sure if he Khajiit face will work Confusedhrug:

Maybe we should use a normal Tang Mo face, just with lemur textures and a long fuzzy tail.

EDIT: This looks a lot like a lemur.
[Image: MarbleFace-UpperAngle.JPG]
Akavir mod leader.