Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orangung, New Races of Tang Mo
06-20-2007, 04:47 AM,

Ah, I'd have him test it, but I think I've solved the problem

[Image: ScreenShot52.jpg]

I have yet to adjust his proportions, but do you think the facial texturing is alright?
Akavir mod texturer and race modder
06-22-2007, 06:09 PM,

I was thinking for the Wen'Mon we could retexture the Orangung's face using grimdeath's Tang Mo texture so it looks a bit more detailed.
Akavir race modder and texturer
06-22-2007, 06:34 PM,

I play Grim's original Wen'Mon and I would prefer to keep them as they are (if possible). I love the look of his original and I would hate to have to change Basho once Akavir is released.

[Image: ScreenShot489-1.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot1052.jpg]

[Image: ScreenShot889.jpg]
Akavir mod BETA tester
06-22-2007, 06:42 PM,

Wait, I didn't realize that Grimdeath's original Tang Mo was a Wen'Mon! :eek: Are you sure?

I would say that the current one would work pretty well then, except I suggest we change his skin color to dark gray, like the color of an orangutan's skin.
06-22-2007, 09:13 PM,

Aetherius, i think the Jo'Mon's facial texture looks good enough :check:

We worked with Grimdeath when the Akavir mod was not much more then a concept, the Wen'Mon he created is just a reskinned Long Mon and i would really like the Wen'Mon to look more like a Orangutan, that means a coarse dark gray skin, and no tail.
I think it would even be a good idea to use the new Tang Mo model (the Orangung) so the face of the Wen'Mon looks different from the other Tang mo.

DIE 75, don't worry, i have come up with a plan so you don't need to change how your character looks Big Grin
The old Wen'Mon will be a Long'Mon/Wen'Mon crossbreed, so it will look like a Long'Mon, but with the old Wen'Mon textures (in other words, nothing about it will change).
We could put some halfbreed npc's in game to make the Tang Mo empire look more colorfull =)
What do you think?
Akavir mod leader.
06-22-2007, 10:38 PM,

I like the idea of using the Orungung just as they are for the Wen'Mon. But since their faces have a different look from Grimdeath's Tang Mo, perhaps it would be a good idea to give the Jo'Mon more of their own look.

Perhaps we could use the face shape of the Gorijang except do a retexture.

And I think using half breeds as NPC's is a great idea, I wonder what a cross breed between the Ra'Mon and Wen'Mon would look like. Smile
06-23-2007, 12:20 AM,

Ok, let's see how the Gorijang head will look for the jo'Mon :check:

And feel free to make a Long'Mon/Jo'Mon halfbreed, but not a Ra'Mon halfbreed because they look too different to breed with the other races (the others think of them as primitive, weak, and possibly ugly, the other Tang Mo would feel they are too good for crossbreeding with the Ra'Mon).
Akavir mod leader.
06-23-2007, 12:21 AM,

Ah, I can understand that Big Grin

I'll get to work on that new Jo'Mon face :goodjob:
06-24-2007, 02:32 AM,

By the way, welcome back Aetherius and Orodromis. We did miss you.
06-24-2007, 02:42 AM,

Thanks Ysne, I really appreciate it. I missed everyone here as well, that's why I decided to come back. :yes:
Akavir race modder and texturer