Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Other races
10-12-2006, 11:08 AM,

ey, thats GREAT! You're pretty good t this.
10-12-2006, 12:15 PM,

in response to Kodamas' Tengu reference

[Image: 143.jpg]

I'd love to see this guy in game.

Adding a beak and changing the face is easy, but the problems come when he talks. The beak won't move. I haven't been able to effectively change the facegen stuff yet.
10-12-2006, 09:21 PM,

Tengus could speak with telepathy....

what? it's an idea
I have no idea what is going around here
10-12-2006, 11:27 PM,

O-Tengu just had a long nose, it would be easier to make Wink

But i do like the beak, i would like to have those guys in game :yes:
Akavir mod leader.
10-13-2006, 07:38 AM,

actually, they are sort of already in the "history". I sort of lumped them together with the Garuda (another elder race, traditional enemies of Naga). I have been cross-referencing fantastical races in many cultures and sources and trying to relate them as different interpretations of the same beings. So I don;t see a problem, except when we decide on how they re-enter the scene (after supposedly being eradicated by the Tsaesci). There are a couple of pictures at the old forum

look for "garuda deity"
I read emails regularly like ... once per month.
12-01-2006, 02:55 AM,

Ok, i hope that the modder of this wip: http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index...pic=590696 can create the rat and dog people for us.
I will ask him if he wants to help us, but i will ask him later... he's very busy right now.

Smile
Akavir mod leader.
12-01-2006, 01:06 PM,
RE: Other races
Quote:Originally posted by Ysne
There is mention in lore of a rat like race and a canine race. I don't know if there is going to be room for homelands for them in our landscape, however, I do know that we do want to be able to place some NPC's and have a playable race for each.

Kodama and I think the canine race should be something different from the lycan, which is being used already by others anyways.

These would be great for some side quests and such. This is another opportunity to create new lore for Akavir.

Fantastic! more Canine's the better! (wolven *My precciooouss* (senaria)) :banana:

I suggest making the dog-man type race influenced and related to anubis and egyptia

Oh and for inspiration and concept art for the rats,take a look at the Skaven from the Warhammer series (google it)
Become one of Hircines

...R.I.P. My Oblivion Character Shadow...
12-01-2006, 10:53 PM,

Thanks Shadow for the suggestions. Would you like to take a stab at writing some lore for that? The ideas are good, I'd love to see how a story from you looks.
12-01-2006, 11:03 PM,

Yeah, your suggestions are helpfull Shadow :goodjob:
Akavir mod leader.
12-02-2006, 01:35 AM,

I'll have a go at writing some lore, I've wrote lore for plants and animals but never a race
:elk:
:worship: :worship: