Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owning Your Own Egg Mine?
07-25-2007, 12:23 AM,
Owning Your Own Egg Mine?
Hey, what about being able to create your own egg mine, in the same way that you could create your own Stronghold in TES III? Maybe you could hire workers and buy a young Kwama Queen, whichover time would begin to hatch Scribs, workers, etc.

You could also have to address ethical questions like worker treatment, opting to treat your workers anywhere from near slavery to generously lavishing them with benefit plans, etc... With the former bringing you more profit, but increasing the risk of revolt, similar to the Telvanni mission where you had to kill a slave for Mistress Terrena (Name?) and the ladder lowering profit, but reducing the amount of maintenence you have to do personally?

I think it'd be interesting to have the opportunity to do something like that... I mean, buying your own house is cool, but once you've bought one, you don't ever really need to buy another one if your anything like me anyway.

I don't know if anyone will like this idea or not, but I'm sure it's doable and could become as advanced as someone would take the time to make it.
07-25-2007, 12:42 AM,

That would be interesting. I saw a topic over at TESForums regarding which one feature you'd like most to have been implemetned, I saw several responses relating to owning some sorts of business. ST had a feature where you could mine in a Glass Mine (you attack the ores with the pickaxe) IIRC, and, by chance, you can obtain raw materials from the ores. That'd be interesting for the non egg-mines, not sure about the Kwama Mines. Some sort of ownership, if possible would be brilliant. :goodjob:
07-27-2007, 09:36 PM,

I agree, that would be great.
Though I think it'd be cool if you could have a mine and pick a basic thing to mine, and over time your mine gets deeper, and over time you start unearthing stuff like dungeons, dwemer artifacts, and monsters. Along with ore, jewels, riches beyond belief. I think that'd be a cool quest reward.
Like one of the house quests, and you have to liberate the cave of he slave traders inside, then they give you the cave as a reward.
Ohhh, Im getting great ideas for BM too...Im running over there <runs away>
Thanks for the ideas.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
07-27-2007, 09:40 PM,

That'd be great, but I don't think it would be possible, unfortunately (actually picking through rocks into other areas). Perhaps it could be done with some scripting, but I doubt it would look pretty.
07-27-2007, 09:44 PM,

I was thinking after a certain time you'd get a quest marker that says your miners have discovered an old door in the mine. And you go there and go into it and it has whatever.
Kinda like the quest in Vanilla Oblivion where you get rid of the warring goblin tribes, then the people go to the place, and after like a week they have new buildings and stuff like that.
Only it happens more often, and you can have different cells that appear.
07-31-2007, 10:30 PM,

It would be possible to have a mine that you "expand" ie, uncover already existing sections that have been blocked off. And it is possible through scripting to Pick at any sort of activated object, and have it disappear once a certain amount of swings have been taken.

But it won't be very pretty, dave's right. You'd basically have boulders disappearing whole, or you could be more subtle and gradually move the rocks down as you pick at them, to give the illusion of them disappearing bit by bit.

It IS possible though, in some form, so i hope somebody takes it. Large projects really aren't as scary as they seem, cause nobody expects anything quickly. Heck, the glassmine took like 3 months, and i won't be surprised if the morag tong takes a full year.

keep coming up with ideas to make it dynamic, hope it all gets done though
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
07-31-2007, 10:35 PM,

Yeah, I also agree with Dave, it wouldn't be pretty at all.
I think its a good idea though.
I'll help out, if someone has already started on it. If not, then I'll just wait, because I have too much to do right now.
Thanks Seniosh, Ideas are my speciality. :goodjob:
08-01-2007, 12:20 AM,

I think it's worth a try though. :yes: If enough thought and effort is put into it, it may be convincing enough for players to ignore the technical aspects and realism or believablilty. We're not Bethesda after all, we cannot make eveything perfect, but we can certainly try.
08-01-2007, 02:17 AM,

Cause bethesda can make everything perfect :lmao:

I do agree that as long as it's good fun, it doesn't have to be entirely convincing or realistic. One problem is that how exciting and fun something will be is overlooked in favor of realism. As long as people have a good time playing it, we can fudge some stuff and they won't care.

Like Tlo, i've got far far too much to do to take this myself, but i'll give any advice to anyone willing to take it, including help on the mining system
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
08-01-2007, 02:24 AM,

No idea how one would script this, but literally "turn big rocks into little rocks." Smile Boulders after a certain number of hits, become 3 midsizes; each midsize can be turned into 3 littl'uns, which can be pulverized into nonexistence.

Just a thought,
Steve